• Call for Pruitt's Job

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Stay calm, cool and collected

Votes: 320 77.1%
  • We're going 9-1 baby!!!

Votes: 52 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think any judgements can be made on this year. That said, we are in for a long year if we lose week 1.

I see this mantra repeated regularly. However if we by some miracle go undefeated, im certain the same folks repeating it will sing a different tune.

So in my mind if we are playing, we are keeping score...and by score i mean this season counts on the resume regardless of how it goes.

Tennessee has some advantages in this game. Majority of offense back(- JJ/quez) and a good # of defense back along with both coordinators. No excuse for coming out looking like they have last two openers.

Reactions: tbh and 08Vol
Why? Started 0-2 last year and finished right where we expected. One game is just one game and this is hardly more than a coinflip at a 3 point spread.

In 2015 we finished where we expected too. The problem was in both 2015 and 2019 we had the talent to exceed expectations, but we didn’t. Great coaches exceed expectations. Last year we didn’t beat anyone with more talent but we did lose to 2 teams with less talent.

In 2015 we finished where we expected too. The problem was in both 2015 and 2019 we had the talent to exceed expectations, but we didn’t. Great coaches exceed expectations. Last year we didn’t beat anyone with more talent but we did lose to 2 teams with less talent.
Great coaches also take a team that starts 1-4, with no hope, with their job on the line, and lead that team through the fire and the flames (we carry oooonnn!!!) To an 8-5 record while making Bammer poop themselves a little.

People forget when we played Pissy State EVERYTHING was on the line, their RB was supposed to run all over us and best us because we sucked. If we couldn't win that one, then forget it! We got it done.

USCjr? Haven't beaten Muschamp. They just beat UGA. Tenn sucks. Not favored. Mopped the floor with them and then won all the rest of our games and reached our goals of beating the SEC teams we are supposed to beat. Got the bowl win.

Last year, with the adversity we faced and absolutely grotesque QB play we endured, Pruitt did some pretty great things.

But some teams had more players out than others during practice. This is a bad year to judge a coach by. I still expect our defense to be able to line up correctly, but if there’s some rust, which I’m sure there will be, can’t put it all on the coach.

It’s a matter of discipline, this year off the field discipline is even more important than ever.

Reactions: RockyTop140
No they did not. Knox County Health Dept Guidelines require 14 day quarantine for contact tracing, even if they test negative multiple times in that 14 day period.. other places like SC are Quarantined for Contact tracing until the test returns negative, (3 days tops). Not the same. Vols had over 44 players who did not practice after the first 3 practices, (only 1 in pads)

It’s not surprising to see the excuse machine being warmed up already.

I see this mantra repeated regularly. However if we by some miracle go undefeated, im certain the same folks repeating it will sing a different tune.

So in my mind if we are playing, we are keeping score...and by score i mean this season counts on the resume regardless of how it goes.

Not only that, but you know the following will happen.

Somewhere in America, School "X" and School "Y" will both have first year head coaches who have great seasons. And everyone will take note of the fact that they didn't even have spring practice due to COVID or whatever obstacles that existed and yet.....they had the seasons they had.

So, usually excuses or reasons (depending on perspective) are given credence until people look around and see others who had the same obstacles and yet accomplished great things.

This South Carolina game is critical. New starting QB. New offensive coordinator. They lost their best overall player who was a defensive guy (Kinlaw) and have a plethora or "Who Dat's" at the skill positions.

With A&M, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Alabama still on the schedule, losing to South Carolina is not an option.

It can't happen.

Expectation was 7-5 and that was met. CJP is a first time coach. This ain't Saban or even Mullen with a decade of HC experience under his belt. We always said, "he's a brand new HC, we need to patient" and here we are. Growing pains were always a known.

Is there an "If we beat SC" thread with a poll? This has to be the most negative sports fan forum on the internet.
Does there really needs to be one??? I mean obviously everyone will be happy and expectations will get even higher by our fanbase....so that type of thread is pointless..

Reactions: 08Vol
Is there an "If we beat SC" thread with a poll? This has to be the most negative sports fan forum on the internet.
I know, right?

But we'd be a whole lot less miserable if we could purge the site of all the fake Vols fans who are just pretending while peeing in the rest of our Wheaties. Or the "Volgators" as @Behr so brilliantly labeled some of them. Heh.

@Jravol78 and I are still looking for the owner of this joint so we can get them all banned.

Does there really needs to be one??? I mean obviously everyone will be happy and expectations will get even higher by our fanbase....so that type of thread is pointless..
This part that I put in bold is very much in question. I agree with what @VFL-82-JP said above^^^. I think we have some posers on here. They come out in large numbers this time of the year too.

Poster joined 18 days ago has only posted 4 times and his first Thread is a negative thread about our Football Coach? Man, he is really contributing positively to this message board......

Oh wait.

So instead of simply ignoring this thread because it contains content that you don't like you would rather have the owner of the board change the rules to make you feel better? 2020 gonna 2020!

The funny thing is you will see all of his poll options mentioned during the Official Gameday Thread from the Kickoff through the final whistle.

Reactions: whodeycin85
If we're 6-4 or better, I will still say we're moving in the right direction, regardless of who the 4 are, and I honestly think we will better that

Great coaches also take a team that starts 1-4, with no hope, with their job on the line, and lead that team through the fire and the flames (we carry oooonnn!!!) To an 8-5 record while making Bammer poop themselves a little.

People forget when we played Pissy State EVERYTHING was on the line, their RB was supposed to run all over us and best us because we sucked. If we couldn't win that one, then forget it! We got it done.

USCjr? Haven't beaten Muschamp. They just beat UGA. Tenn sucks. Not favored. Mopped the floor with them and then won all the rest of our games and reached our goals of beating the SEC teams we are supposed to beat. Got the bowl win.

Last year, with the adversity we faced and absolutely grotesque QB play we endured, Pruitt did some pretty great things.

this

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

VN Store

Back