• Call for Pruitt's Job

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Stay calm, cool and collected

Votes: 320 77.1%
  • We're going 9-1 baby!!!

Votes: 52 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Live in upstate SC, shamecock coworkers are completely quiet. They have no idea what to expect. (Not that we’re 100 on expectations either, but I predict we run at will behind OL) QB Hill went to my HS alma mater, good kid, decent system QB but won’t light the board up, esp with no playmakers.

I look at the USCjr schedule, and I only see 1 guaranteed win. I will be surprised if they win 3. I don't think they will be good at all. They look like a team that does not require a superior SEC QB to beat them. So we win this one.
The Cocks are in for a long season. They will face the ultimate dilemma; Muschamp must go and how do you attract a better coach to Columbia?
It should be ugly in our favor. And it should give us a chance to correct deficiencies before Mizzou.

Reactions: RockyTop140
This is why new posters shouldn’t be able to start threads..... @Freak

I thought as long as you have a post count of 100 you can start one. I think that's what it took me.

To answer the question though, I think you have to look at where we came up short and not use the ole well ot takes all 11 to do their jobs right. You either have difference makers or you don't. And if the guy you have in there ain't making a difference then they need to be replaced. Big players make big plays.

I thought as long as you have a post count of 100 you can start one. I think that's what it took me.

To answer the question though, I think you have to look at where we came up short and not use the ole well ot takes all 11 to do their jobs right. You either have difference makers or you don't. And if the guy you have in there ain't making a difference then they need to be replaced. Big players make big plays.

What if the big players are out, by the dozen, or haven’t practiced in over 2 weeks?

What if the big players are out, by the dozen, or haven’t practiced in over 2 weeks?

That should be taken into consideration.

Let's just cut to the chase. We lose this game if a 5th year QB can't throw straight and on time, or can't make good decisions which is entirely possible.

If the defense gives up in the 40's then it's another possible loss unless the QB is helping South Carolina with field position and 3 and outs.

I agree. It's hard to know the effect of Covid, no spring practice, interrupted conditioning, etc. We could see a lot of chaos as far as results go and I doubt fans are going to understand lol.

Both teams faced the same circumstances so if Pruitt starts the season off slow for the 3rd time we have to start questioning his ability.

Both teams faced the same circumstances so if Pruitt starts the season off slow for the 3rd time we have to start questioning his ability.
But some teams had more players out than others during practice. This is a bad year to judge a coach by. I still expect our defense to be able to line up correctly, but if there’s some rust, which I’m sure there will be, can’t put it all on the coach.

Reactions: Cormock Mac

No they did not. Knox County Health Dept Guidelines require 14 day quarantine for contact tracing, even if they test negative multiple times in that 14 day period.. other places like SC are Quarantined for Contact tracing until the test returns negative, (3 days tops). Not the same. Vols had over 44 players who did not practice after the first 3 practices, (only 1 in pads)

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If we lose to SC? It will suck but not the end of the world. Of course it’s important to think about HOW we lose. If it’s a tight game that comes down to a few plays here and there, then it still sucks but palatable. However if they were to just blow us off the field?? Then we got MAJOR problems.

No they did not. Knox County Health Dept Guidelines require 14 day quarantine for contact tracing, even if they test negative multiple times in that 14 day period.. other places like SC are Quarantined for Contact tracing until the test returns negative, (3 days tops). Not the same. Vols had over 44 players who did not practice after the first 3 practices, (only 1 in pads)

I think that’s going to hurt us

I think there are different levels of excitement for this season. It's really fascinating. Personally mine is on the low end. It almost feels like a fake season. Conferences closed. No fans. Players out. Protests. Talk of the season not really counting. Potential for more canceled games. Lack of practice. I wonder how anyone has the same level of excitement to be honest.

Reactions: 08Vol
You have what you say you will have !!! We will beat South Carolina convincingly !!!!!!! Exactly like we are suppose to do.
Reelfoot ...I simply must get back to the lake and eat myself into a coma at Boyette’s. Has nothing to do with this thread...I just like to eat!

Reactions: ReelfootVol
We Win And We Are 1-0
We Lose And We Are 0-1
Do not need a Poll to figure this one out. This will be a Season that challenges Coaches, Players and Fans.

If we lose to SC? It will suck but not the end of the world. Of course it’s important to think about HOW we lose. If it’s a tight game that comes down to a few plays here and there, then it still sucks but palatable. However if they were to just blow us off the field?? Then we got MAJOR problems.
Context of wins and losses dont matter to volnation...just like context of stats dont...sorry..close or CJP need 5-5 at a minimum

VN Store

Back