If Vols have surprise season would Arch Manning reconsider?

I know about the Manning family very well. I will also make the statement that his high school "amazement" is not really all that great. You can disagree if you'd like and that's fine for us to have differing opinions on Arch, but I just don't think he's going to be anything like Peyton or Eli.
And even if he is something like Peyton or Eli, that doesn’t mean we don’t have another quarterback who will be a legend in his own right in NICO. Good luck to Arch. But we have a great QB who chose us and wants to be here. Let’s roll with what we got and quit wishing for what might have been.

Last edited:
no-man-naw-man.gif

And even if he is something like Peyton or Eli, that doesn’t mean we don’t have another quarterback who will be a legend in his on right in NICO. Good luck to Arch. But we have a great QB who chose us and wants to be here. Let’s roll with what we got and quit wishing for what might have been.
Bingo!

Reactions: LadyVolette
I mean, how are we supposed to know that lol.

Nico is better for this system anyway. I don't think we would even recruit him unless Nico left.

Don't want. I guarantee you, him and dad would insist and expect special privileges due to his family name. It would be an avoidable headache by just appreciating what we have. Besides, the hoola is primary about his being a Manning, a hoped for additional Vol-god. Forget it.

Couldnt disagree more with the family comment. Archie and Peyton never imposed special demands. Why would someone think Cooper and Arch would be otherwise?

With that said, Nico was the right call for CJH in my opinion. However.....another great qb in the room is not a bad thing.

We're good. We don't need to worry about this. But let's not go overboard and talk down other school's players for no reason.
I have no plans or desire to talk down Arch. Wishing him a great career and a great performance in every game unless he one day has to square off against the Real and Original UT 😉

I don't give a **** about Arch. Nico is lightyears better. That being said, Texas is going to suck this season. They've lost several key starters to injury in fall camp. We're going to be a lot better than them.

Young Manning may end up the greatest college qb in history, but other than his decent (not great or record setting) high school success and his established family name, I see nothing in his current bio to believe that is going to happen. I bet he will be solid, no more, no less. There is absolutely no reason to continually mourn his choice of college. UT will be just fine without him. If he loved the Vols like the folks on this board, he had every opportunity to come here. At best, we were his 4th choice. No need to cry over his choice. We landed a way better-than-average potential guy! Be happy! Go Vols!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
You obviously don't know much about the Manning family to make a statement like that. Further, the odds are Arch Manning will be very successful in college and professional football.
I can't imagine the pressure he has on him. But he does have several great personal coaches on speed dial.

I wish him well, but I hope Texas only wins about 5 games/year.

VN Store

Back