• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

If there’s a year we can beat Florida in Gainesville, it’s this year

In the past number of years, the team that wins in the trenches is usually the winner...I see this year no different than past years and on that opinion, I have to give the victory to the Gators. I just hope History does not repeat itself.

My hopes (and I do have hope) for a win hinge on Florida being lucky to be 3-0 and due a reality check, being down key players on both sides of the ball, just losing their starting QB, and his replacement not having started a football game since he was in the ninth grade. BTW, how does someone who couldn't even start in HS become and SEC QB? There's gotta be a story there.

Trask was backup in suburb of Houston to D'erik King record setting starter for Cougars,King beat out Dormady who transferred to Central Michigan coached by Former UF coach McElewain and Butch's old team. (lot of connectionso_O.
2 star/3 star according to service.
2016 Red Shirt
2017 missed season foot injury
2018 Broken foot, played before injury, against Missouri in the beat down by Mizzou and led the team to TD's out played Franks in a back up row after game already decided.
2019 the curse of Mcelewain & Butch 6 degrees of separation dooms UF in college footballs biggest upset.:D Vols stun Gators in swamp.

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO

I was there the last time we beat them in Gainesville...it’s been a while. Man that was fun!

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
1568901250966.gif

It could happen, (UT win), having Bituli at full strength and Henry T. playing alongside him as ILB's could bring immense pressure. Almost would have to have A.Taylor and Bryce playing man coverage. This is Pruitt's style but are the players up to it? Kind of a gamble but also our best chance,imo. Another thing is JG's ability to throw the long, deep ball. Why do our receivers have to slow down to make a catch? Throw the damn thing beyond the receiver so they can speed up and run under the ball........please! 'Bout tired of seeing him trying long passes if he can't catch on how to do it. How our QB plays will heavily impact how this game ends. Sad he has to be in the equation. Hopefully he'll surprise us this week or we'll be the recipient of a few turnovers. GBO!!!

If I had $100 for every time I heard this
Sometimes it is a legitimate statement, like in 2016, when we clearly were the better team, it was in Neyland, and they had to start a backup QB (Appleby).

By default, you cannot make such a statement when the game is played in Gainesville. We hardly ever win there.

JG is by no means a long distant passer, in fact anything past 15 yards, and he needs 4 to 5 seconds to make the toss. He does not throw receivers open. Due to his weird throwing angles, those that force our receivers to slow and or turn back, he [JG] creates the best opportunity for an interception. If CP starts and or keeps him in the game for very long, we'll see some beautiful passes to the Florida pass coverage. If CP decides to send in one of our back-up QBs, this could change the entire game, for UT's good, but for some reason, CP is stuck on JG.

You know, I think there's something to this optimism and it's bleeding over to enrich other areas of my life.

Celebrating years of surgery and healing it took for me to just walk, I will again attempt to glide from that 50' elm to the roof of the house using nothing but glued up, cardboard sheets from Amazon delivery boxes as wings.

This time will be gloriously different!

You know, I think there's something to this optimism and it's bleeding over to enrich other areas of my life.

Celebrating years of surgery and healing it took for me to just walk, I will again attempt to glide from that 50' elm to the roof of the house using nothing but glued up, cardboard sheets from Amazon delivery boxes as wings.

This time will be gloriously different!
This is one of the ffffffuuuuunnnnest posts of all time!!!!!

The opposite is true. This is the one year we have no chance.
  1. We lost to them by 26 last year
  2. It's at the Swamp
  3. We lost to GA State and Mormons already
  4. Our players have actually quit three years in a row when things weren't even tough
  5. JG is starting at QB

Slim to none

I've been reading these posts all week and I keep asking myself the same question: what the hell are you all doing here? Why waste your time? Good grief. Y'all are the ones Fulmer was referring to back in '08 when he talked about the Legions of the Miserable. There's nothing wrong with thinking that Tennessee is going to get beat or even destroyed. Sometimes it's better to be realistic than optimistic. But if you're so convinced that this team is so terrible, why are you wasting your time on a football forum brow-beating everyone who dares to believe that this team can pull off an upset? A lot of you are acting like a bunch of trolls, imposters from other schools. I've read a lot of negativity and overreaction on this forum over the years but nothing like I've seen this year.

Is Tennessee likely to win Saturday? No. Is Tennessee capable of winning Saturday? Hell yes. This Florida team is not as good as its No. 9 ranking indicates. And this Tennessee team sure as hell isn't as bad as its 1-2 start indicates. The Georgia State game loss was terrible and inexcusable. I get that. But if UT had come out and beaten GaSt 35-7, nobody would be poor mouthing the OT loss to BYU the next week. The GaSt loss was an aberration. It shouldn't have happened, but it did and now it's in the past. If you can't get behind this team, that's on you and it's certainly your prerogative to feel that way. But why do you want to spend so much time and energy dragging everyone else down to your same level of misery?

I've been reading these posts all week and I keep asking myself the same question: what the hell are you all doing here? Why waste your time? Good grief. Y'all are the ones Fulmer was referring to back in '08 when he talked about the Legions of the Miserable. There's nothing wrong with thinking that Tennessee is going to get beat or even destroyed. Sometimes it's better to be realistic than optimistic. But if you're so convinced that this team is so terrible, why are you wasting your time on a football forum brow-beating everyone who dares to believe that this team can pull off an upset? A lot of you are acting like a bunch of trolls, imposters from other schools. I've read a lot of negativity and overreaction on this forum over the years but nothing like I've seen this year.

Is Tennessee likely to win Saturday? No. Is Tennessee capable of winning Saturday? Hell yes. This Florida team is not as good as its No. 9 ranking indicates. And this Tennessee team sure as hell isn't as bad as its 1-2 start indicates. The Georgia State game loss was terrible and inexcusable. I get that. But if UT had come out and beaten GaSt 35-7, nobody would be poor mouthing the OT loss to BYU the next week. The GaSt loss was an aberration. It shouldn't have happened, but it did and now it's in the past. If you can't get behind this team, that's on you and it's certainly your prerogative to feel that way. But why do you want to spend so much time and energy dragging everyone else down to your same level of misery?
Bc where else will they get to strut their "true fan" status?
They're smarter than everyone else
Just ask them

Plus misery loves company and all that

VN Store

Back