If there’s a year we can beat Florida in Gainesville, it’s this year

I've been reading these posts all week and I keep asking myself the same question: what the hell are you all doing here? Why waste your time? Good grief. Y'all are the ones Fulmer was referring to back in '08 when he talked about the Legions of the Miserable. There's nothing wrong with thinking that Tennessee is going to get beat or even destroyed. Sometimes it's better to be realistic than optimistic. But if you're so convinced that this team is so terrible, why are you wasting your time on a football forum brow-beating everyone who dares to believe that this team can pull off an upset? A lot of you are acting like a bunch of trolls, imposters from other schools. I've read a lot of negativity and overreaction on this forum over the years but nothing like I've seen this year.

Is Tennessee likely to win Saturday? No. Is Tennessee capable of winning Saturday? Hell yes. This Florida team is not as good as its No. 9 ranking indicates. And this Tennessee team sure as hell isn't as bad as its 1-2 start indicates. The Georgia State game loss was terrible and inexcusable. I get that. But if UT had come out and beaten GaSt 35-7, nobody would be poor mouthing the OT loss to BYU the next week. The GaSt loss was an aberration. It shouldn't have happened, but it did and now it's in the past. If you can't get behind this team, that's on you and it's certainly your prerogative to feel that way. But why do you want to spend so much time and energy dragging everyone else down to your same level of misery?
I understand your desire to label the GS game as an "Aberration", but what was the BYU game? Did that make two "Aberrations" in a row? Or, did BYU just beat us, fair and square, as they were the better football team that day? I don't think anyone "enjoys" stating obvious facts regarding our team; however, after the boy butch debacle, and having to put up with those that demonstrated their stupidity by supporting year after year after year, boy butch, the fan base has wised-up. We'd like UT to get back on track to being UT-you know the team no one wants to play, and if they do, not in Knoxville. A lot of us knew boy butch was not the answer, in fact he was killing the program (the football program, not his champions of life program), when we stated what we thought was obvious, the sunshine pumping pool boy band labeled up as NegaVols etc. Now we are in a situation, where we have been told, we need to stick with CP for five to ten more years, then and only then, we Might have a good team.....

Trask was backup in suburb of Houston to D'erik King record setting starter for Cougars,King beat out Dormady who transferred to Central Michigan coached by Former UF coach McElewain and Butch's old team. (lot of connectionso_O.
2 star/3 star according to service.
2016 Red Shirt
2017 missed season foot injury
2018 Broken foot, played before injury, against Missouri in the beat down by Mizzou and led the team to TD's out played Franks in a back up row after game already decided.
2019 the curse of Mcelewain & Butch 6 degrees of separation dooms UF in college footballs biggest upset.:D Vols stun Gators in swamp.

Thanks for the info- I knew it had to be a strange story.

"He was almost faster at drawing his pistol", famous words from Boot Hill.
[/QUOTE]

But you claim they’ve got a great opportunity to win. I simply pointed out they had a great opportunity to win the last three. Hell, I’ll take a 13 pt lead with 7 minutes left every game. It takes special talent to blow that game.

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
855998B2-CEA5-4E18-A76D-EDBD3A41AFE6.gif

Reactions: volgrad500

But you claim they’ve got a great opportunity to win. I simply pointed out they had a great opportunity to win the last three. Hell, I’ll take a 13 pt lead with 7 minutes left every game. It takes special talent to blow that game.[/QUOTE]

Sir, please quote where I said anything even similar to, "they have a great opportunity to win"! In fact, I do not believe we'll win Saturday, and have stated so, I have placed a $$$$ to back up my mouth.

I’m ready to run through a wall right now, getting ready for this game.... of all teams on our schedule, this is the WIN I want the most every year, bc I can’t stand the Gators....

How do we stack up to those slimy reptiles?

QB - FL - Trask looks like a Heisman candidate
RB - TN - we hv more explosive players and depth
WR - Even - we hv more size and experience but they hv more speed
TE - Even - both teams not too good here
OL - Even - both teams not too good here

DL - FL - they are good
LB - Even - TN young studs improving and Bituli/ Taylor can play
DB - Even - both teams hv some great players but lack depth, or hv injuries/ suspensions

Special Teams - TN - playing great
Coaches - Even - both teams hv great coaches and assistants

So I hv this game EVEN... but it’s at their place. So they hv an edge playing in the Swamp... but the early kickoff supposedly favors the underdog....But they hv the edge in QB which is the most critical position...

I think we can win the game if we can run the ball and JG plays a solid game.... I think Pruitt will hv the D figured out...

Their WRs are much better. Their defense on all levels is better and faster. I think their OL is better as well. They actually have pass rushers. We literally have no advantage over UF in the main skill positions. Our only advantage is special teams.

Can we beat UF? Technically anything is possible.

Their WRs are much better. Their defense on all levels is better and faster. I think their OL is better as well. They actually have pass rushers. We literally have no advantage over UF in the main skill positions. Our only advantage is special teams.

Can we beat UF? Technically anything is possible.
I agree with all that you said... I’m just thinking our players will be fired up, while Florida’s will be playing not to lose, which is what we do most years against them. Not this year though, we have nothing to lose.

Can we beat UF? Technically anything is possible.[/QUOTE]
Well, ANYTHING but Tennessee beating Florida. Not happening.

I agree with all that you said... I’m just thinking our players will be fired up, while Florida’s will be playing not to lose, which is what we do most years against them. Not this year though, we have nothing to lose.

I really hope that’s the case. Maybe there is a small chance that UF is completely over looking us.

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
It won’t happen!!!

After watching the game, do you think they were "fired up"?

Reactions: 08Vol
You guys that start these kind of threads really need to understand what you’re seeing in front of you when watching Tennessee play football. It’s not even football. You need to understand more about your opponent too. Y’all aren’t connecting the dots very well. Stop living in fantasy land.

Reactions: 08Vol

They were not fired up. They proved nothing. Any improvement went for naught, and the only thing Florida battled was the occasional fly and boredom. This game was an upset stomach, and they could have stayed in and played with themselves. What do we think? It is Saturday, and we wish it was Monday.

Reactions: I40flyer
JP needs to watch the UF offense. They actually throw the ball down the field not sideways.

This odd fascination they have with lateral screens, and draws is confusing. Slow developing plays that any village idiot can read. Some people fail to plan. These plays are the closest thing to planning to fail as I have ever seen.

This odd fascination they have with lateral screens, and draws is confusing. Slow developing plays that any village idiot can read. Some people fail to plan. These plays are the closest thing to planning to fail as I have ever seen.

I think the offense is just to handcuffed because of JG. I mean I am starting to believe Chaney is running out of things to call for him.

Reactions: Vol737 and 08Vol

VN Store

Back