If Tennessee wins their Bowl Game what will be their 2023 Preseason Ranking?

If Tennessee wins their Bowl Game what will be their Preseason 2023 ranking?

• #1 to #5

Votes: 67 12.1%
  • #5 to #10

Votes: 267 48.4%
  • #10 to #15

Votes: 166 30.1%
  • #15 to #20

Votes: 40 7.2%
  • #20 to #25

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Unranked

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say somewhere in that 10-15 range regardless what happens. Each team is different year to year.

Reactions: Jbob1871
I chose 5 to 10 but it honestly depends on who leaves and who returns.

Hyatt and Darnell Wright coming back will make voters feel better about the team.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
We are Tennessee. Look at the situation with Bama getting ranked above us and the Heisman. I’m bracing myself to be unranked because of the fools in charge. Fortunately we proved this year it’s possible to fight your way up.

With a new, unproven starting QB, I'll say 10-15. It could be lower though since our defense was so bad this year.

So we are #6 now. We beat the #7 team in the nation and we drop like you are thinking? Not a chance. The Milton disrespect is pathetic.

If Hooker were back it would definitely be top 3. With an unproven Milton (or unproven good yet) I say 5 to 10. If he looks good in the Bowl could be closer to the 5. If not could be closer to the 10.

Nico could change that by midseason if Milton can't be as productive as was Hooker.

So we are #6 now. We beat the #7 team in the nation and we drop like you are thinking? Not a chance. The Milton disrespect is pathetic.

Once again complete stretch with the Milton disrespect crap. If you can't see that Joe needs to not sling the ball from 23rd Ave to interstate 40 every time he drops back then we can't have this conversation. I am of the opinion that if Joe does improve the touch of his passes he could absolutely be the top pick in the draft. No one is disrespecting Joe.

Once again complete stretch with the Milton disrespect crap. If you can't see that Joe needs to not sling the ball from 23rd Ave to interstate 40 every time he drops back then we can't have this conversation. I am of the opinion that if Joe does improve the touch of his passes he could absolutely be the top pick in the draft. No one is disrespecting Joe.

Milton has thrown the ball really good the whole year sans the Vandy game. Trying to say otherwise is foolish. Joe had already improved. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.

See people are saying Milton is unproven. They are using Hookers this year as a basis for that. That’s flawed. Milton is not unproven. He has proven he can win games. Is he Hooker? No he isn’t. Also don’t you think Heupel is going to tweak the offense to Milton’s strengths? Of course he will. Yes Milton gets mostly disrespect from fans on here. You have idiots who have said he cannot improve when he already has.

Milton has thrown the ball really good the whole year sans the Vandy game. Trying to say otherwise is foolish. Joe had already improved. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.

See people are saying Milton is unproven. They are using Hookers this year as a basis for that. That’s flawed. Milton is not unproven. He has proven he can win games. Is he Hooker? No he isn’t. Also don’t you think Heupel is going to tweak the offense to Milton’s strengths? Of course he will. Yes Milton gets mostly disrespect from fans on here. You have idiots who have said he cannot improve when he already has.

Bahahahah. What a tool

Reactions: Dirtyhairies
We're ranked 6th right now.
So if we win you still think we go to 10? 🤣
We are talking about next year’s team, not where this current team finishes. So yes, I believe they will be somewhere in the top 15 in that 10-15 range.

Reactions: EasternVol
Probably top five but only if Milton shows out
Yep...we only win if Milton plays well. If Milton plays well, it'll have positive lift for preseason. I'm also hoping we don't make a preseason heisman favorite out of Clemson's new QB.

Probably top five but only if Milton shows out

There is no way TN is top 5 next year with what we are losing. We may still prove to be top 5 by the end of the year (and I hope we do), but nobody is putting us there preseason. There is still a talent gap between us and the teams that are top 5 every year, we are losing a generational QB and 2 NFL receivers, and our defense has to show that they can improve. Plus we lost our OC. I don't know how much that will hurt us, but it will hurt at least a little. The only way I see a top 5 start as feasible is if we absolutely destroy Clemson without Hooker, Hyatt, and Tillman. If we can do that, I'll feel a lot more confident about next year.

Assuming we don't lose any other coaches (besides maybe a couple of defensive coaches who shall remain nameless), and we close out this recruiting cycle strong, AND we win our bowl game without our biggest offensive weapons we should probably start out somewhere in the 6 to 10 range. Maybe we prove to still be a top 5 team, but we likely won't be there preseason. 11-14 would be low based on what we showed this year (unless Clemson smacks us around), but I wouldn't be mad as it would still put us in a great spot for the playoffs as long as we win.

I think for right or wrong it largely depends how Milton looks vs Clemson. If Joe goes out there and makes some big throws and shows command of the offense we will be a trendy a top 5-10 preseason team. If he goes out there and overthrows a lot and the offense is clunky the preseason magazines and talking points will say “Questions at quarterback surround 2023 Volunteers” . I think at that point we’re 15-22.

Somewhere in the 10-15 range. We were ranked 10th in 1998 preseason polls despite all the talent we had coming back because of the key players we did lose.

VN Store

Back