If Tennessee wins their Bowl Game what will be their 2023 Preseason Ranking?

If Tennessee wins their Bowl Game what will be their Preseason 2023 ranking?

• #1 to #5

Votes: 67 12.1%
  • #5 to #10

Votes: 267 48.4%
  • #10 to #15

Votes: 166 30.1%
  • #15 to #20

Votes: 40 7.2%
  • #20 to #25

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Unranked

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Clark

If Tennessee wins their New Year's Six Bowl Game what do you think their Preseason 2023 Ranking will be?

Personnel losses on both sides of the ball will be difficult to replace. The cupboard is not bare, but the experience and leadership will be missing.

#12 is my guess.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I said 1-5 because the Vols' rushing game is going to go off in the bowl all while Milton is gonna hit at least 2 deep balls.

UT is gonna blow everyone's minds again next year on offense, except they will be making more of those 80 yard runs like they had against Vanderbilt as well as more 67 yards bombs from Milton.

I just hope the secondary can gel next year. I do predict some improvements on defense, particularly in pass rushing, but I can't honestly say I know what the secondary will look like.

The defense will be better next year and we have a lot returning.

Honestly, I'd love if we paid big NIL money for a beast ILB and Edge.

I like Slaughter, Walker and Charles at safety.
Let Turnage and Hadden see if they keep Gibson and Matthews off the field.

I'd like to see McDonald move inside to ILB and gain 15 lbs of muscle this off-season.
Like Brent Brewer did.

Probably depends on how we won the game.

If Milton lights the world on fire, that might be enough to carry the team to a ranking just inside the top 10 with the assumption he continues getting better with a full year under Huepel as the starter in the off season.

If we win it Vandy-style where Milton is relegated to just handing the ball off, probably drop to the 15-20 range as questions linger about if Milton is good enough to make the team a competitor, or the unknown of starting Iamaleava or whoever else.

I said 1-5 because the Vols' rushing game is going to go off in the bowl all while Milton is gonna hit at least 2 deep balls.

UT is gonna blow everyone's minds again next year on offense, except they will be making more of those 80 yard runs like they had against Vanderbilt as well as more 67 yards bombs from Milton.

I just hope the secondary can gel next year. I do predict some improvements on defense, particularly in pass rushing, but I can't honestly say I know what the secondary will look like.
Signees and portal transfers should stack it up nicely.. UT is a destination again.

Reactions: camp_steveo
I say 5-10 because there is enough evidence between his time at Tennessee, Oklahoma, Utah State and UCF that Heupel's offenses are going to put up big numbers. Our defense can not be worse, right?

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Probably depends on how we won the game.

If Milton lights the world on fire, that might be enough to carry the team to a ranking just inside the top 10 with the assumption he continues getting better with a full year under Huepel as the starter in the off season.

If we win it Vandy-style where Milton is relegated to just handing the ball off, probably drop to the 15-20 range as questions linger about if Milton is good enough to make the team a competitor, or the unknown of starting Iamaleava or whoever else.
I think if Tennessee wins by a good margin even if Milton is average they will be ranked around #10(In My opinion Tennessee will be ranked #11) in the 2023 Preseason College Football Polls.

VN Store

Back