If tennessee gets beat, what will the excuse be?

JG wasn't healthy, that's why the 3 TOs with 2 pick 6s and defense ok

The excuse will be Auburn scored more points.

I'll go ahead and say....not buying it.

This place cracks me up! roflmao When a team, ANY team, loses a game the reasons the team lost are not excuses. They are the reasons or fact as to why the team lost. 5 turnovers will cost you the game most times. That is not an excuse it is a fact. Getting outscored will always cost you a game. Not an excuse it is a fact. I understand you are upset at the way we are playing now. I am just as upset as you are. But, to start an "Excuse for a Loss" thread before the game has even started is SAD. SMH We may not win. Probably won't but who really knows. If we win there will be reasons that we won like, we won the turnover battle, we ran the ball great, we had a balanced night on offense, our defense played lights out, etc. These are not excuses for a win but the reason we won. The same thing applies to a loss. There are reasons for the loss. Some of it may be on the coaches, the O line, the QB, the receivers, special teams, the DB's, etc. Not excuses but reasons for the loss. The coach will answer questions and tell us the way he saw things unfold. He knows more about football than anyone on this website or we would be doing his job. We don't get to go to practices and see what he sees. If you think Pruitt is so dumb that he can't tell good football from bad football on game day, you are dumber than you think he is. Sure he talks like he is from the South. He is from Alabama. You can't get much more Southern than that. But, that doesn't make him stupid. He has made a lot of mistakes as a HC. He is learning to do the job. Unless you are Jesus Christ you have made mistakes at your job and probably made more when you were learning the job than you do now. The biggest difference between Pruitt and us is his mistakes are on TV. I am glad my job was not televised while I was learning. Everyone has to learn. Pruitt gets to learn on TV and then have a bunch of unknowing keyboard cowboys examining his every move. I don't think ANY of us could hold up to that standard or pressure. I don't know if Pruitt will get us back to where we once were. But, I do know this, when his replacement shows up someday. He won't have to look around and say where are all the big guys and why are we so slow? At least when our team lines up against our opponents we don't look like a Jr. High team like we did before he got here. We are playing an ALL SEC schedule. We should have beat KY and Arkansas but we didn't. There are no cream puffs this year. Did you really think we were going to go 8-2 or 9-1? I have no doubt we are not playing to the level Pruitt wants us to play at. We are not playing at the level most of the players want to play at. I am positive, the team is not playing at the level the fans want them to be at. But, the truth is truth. We will get better. Just don't ask me when.

I disagree about the players

They need to held accountable as well. These aren’t middle school kids just learning the sport. At the college level players should know how to do the simple things. Our players struggle with that. Take the defense. You mean to tell me our DBs played HS football yet never was taught what a slant is or how to defend one?

VN Store

Back