If Ohio State beats Michigan

If it comes down to Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State and Michigan, the committee would justifiably make it Georgia/Ohio State or Michigan loser and Tennessee/winner. They would want the rematch either way to be in the championship.

The committee wants a 1st round Tennessee vs. Ohio State offensive explosion matchup. That’s what I’m feeling. Right? What do y’all think about that one?
As I've stated at least 3 times in the past 7 days, the final 4 will most likely be:

1. GA
2. Ohio St.
3. Tennessee
4. USC/TCU (Oregon is now out)

It's pretty apparent based on the 1st and 2nd CFP polls that the committee wants these top 4.
Only disaster nightmare scenario would be LSU upsetting GA and winning SEC championship game. I'm sure the committee would have a hard time not putting the SEC champ in the final 4 even with 2 losses.

The committee wants a 1st round Tennessee vs. Ohio State offensive explosion matchup. That’s what I’m feeling. Right? What do y’all think about that one?

Yesterday was likely TCU's only chance to lose. So, I'm looking at:

#1 Georgia vs #4 Tennessee

#2 Ohio State vs #3 TCU

Heupel and company are ready, and we upset Georgia. Ohio State buries TCU.

National Championship: Ohio State vs Tennessee

That's how they get their wishes.

If...if...UT makes the Playoff, I think they draw UGA right out of the gate. Hear me out...

It's safe to say that last year the CFP Committee went out of their way to avoid the Bama-UGA first round matchup. The reasons for doing so made sense. No point in replaying the SECCG, right? Except that's exactly what happened, but this time for all the marbles. So, that was then, and this is now.

Without getting into the who and how...just using the most common/likely scenario (?), the Final 4 is UGA, OSU/UM, TCU, and UT. If UT does get in, this is the most likely lineup. So now what?

I think it's UGA -vs- UT, and OSU/UM -vs- TCU. The rankings (#1 through #4) work, especially if TCU wins their conference championship. The plus is that there won't be (another) all-SEC National Championship game, which in this case I think the Committee wants to avoid, so...

Make UGA or UT beat the other SEC team, and then let the winner play the winner of the #2/#3 game. In other words, the SEC gets one shot at another Natty, as opposed to the possibility of a guaranteed SEC winner if both teams win their first game.

Yeah, I know...and chemtrails are real. But if the current favorites hold sway, and if UT does get in, I think it's at #4, and a rematch with UGA. FWIW, there are a number of ways that UT doesn't get in, but that's a different argument, so I'll stick to my main point here.

UGA is the defending champion. We had our shot at them in Athens. It is what it is. The only difference in playing them first (or second) is whether we get the chance to dethrone the defending National Champion, or replace them. I'm good with it either way.

Go Vols.

If there's another team in the country with the athletes to do what UGA did to us it's OSU. Still, it would be on a neutral field and it would be a "first look" by OSU on our offensive tempo. I'd rather get them in RD1 than UGA

As I've stated at least 3 times in the past 7 days, the final 4 will most likely be:

1. GA
2. Ohio St.
3. Tennessee
4. USC/TCU (Oregon is now out)

It's pretty apparent based on the 1st and 2nd CFP polls that the committee wants these top 4.
Only disaster nightmare scenario would be LSU upsetting GA and winning SEC championship game. I'm sure the committee would have a hard time not putting the SEC champ in the final 4 even with 2 losses.

No way LSU at 11-2 gets in over an 11-1 UT team that beat them by 27 points in Death Valley. I don't care how long ago it was; that's an ass-beating that even Ray Charles can see.

Same goes for their odds against a 12-1 UGA team. LSU's playoff chances evaporated on October 8th. Anything they did / do downstream of that is simply getting to a better bowl game.

Go Vols.

I’m thinking if they don’t beat ‘em we’ll be left out of playoff for sure . They will keep Georgia and Ohio state in with one losses .

If...if...UT makes the Playoff, I think they draw UGA right out of the gate. Hear me out...

It's safe to say that last year the CFP Committee went out of their way to avoid the Bama-UGA first round matchup. The reasons for doing so made sense. No point in replaying the SECCG, right? Except that's exactly what happened, but this time for all the marbles. So, that was then, and this is now.

Without getting into the who and how...just using the most common/likely scenario (?), the Final 4 is UGA, OSU/UM, TCU, and UT. If UT does get in, this is the most likely lineup. So now what?

I think it's UGA -vs- UT, and OSU/UM -vs- TCU. The rankings (#1 through #4) work, especially if TCU wins their conference championship. The plus is that there won't be (another) all-SEC National Championship game, which in this case I think the Committee wants to avoid, so...

Make UGA or UT beat the other SEC team, and then let the winner play the winner of the #2/#3 game. In other words, the SEC gets one shot at another Natty, as opposed to the possibility of a guaranteed SEC winner if both teams win their first game.

Yeah, I know...and chemtrails are real. But if the current favorites hold sway, and if UT does get in, I think it's at #4, and a rematch with UGA. FWIW, there are a number of ways that UT doesn't get in, but that's a different argument, so I'll stick to my main point here.

UGA is the defending champion. We had our shot at them in Athens. It is what it is. The only difference in playing them first (or second) is whether we get the chance to dethrone the defending National Champion, or replace them. I'm good with it either way.

Go Vols.

Careful with the sarcasm re chemtrails. The Government is now admitting they are spraying Search it-----"Aerosol GeoEngineering" Even GOOGLE . They now admit it like they just started the program 2-3 years ago, yeah right. Been going on for 30 (Or more) years. Man's continuing effort to control the weather. LBJ even stated that whoever controlled the weather would rule the world (1967). Ignorance is acceptable, unwillingness to learn and adapt is not.

I want the playoffs as much as anyone, but you folks are over estimating the committee. They don’t want TN in. They will put USC or the loser of Michigan/Ohio State in before the Vols . As far as TCU, I ain’t sure they will lose a game at this point .

Reactions: onevol74
If we make it, we will be #4 and face UGA.
The committee will balk at the possibility of an all SEC Championship game.

I want the playoffs as much as anyone, but you folks are over estimating the committee. They don’t want TN in. They will put USC or the loser of Michigan/Ohio State in before the Vols . As far as TCU, I ain’t sure they will lose a game at this point .
I agree not trying to be negative but what we think they should do and what the committee will actually do are two different things

Reactions: SouthKnoxVol70

VN Store

Back