If Ohio State beats Michigan

OSU has not seen the speed and pure size the SEC will give them. It does not exist in the BIG10. That is why they struggle when they see it.

I think Ohio State is lying in wait for Michigan very much like Georgia was 2 weeks ago with us. Sleep walking through their last couple of games with a sorta close call at Penn State—which they still won handily.

Michigan/OSU really is a different animal when it comes to rivalries. Even the SEC doesn’t have anything that compares. It’s the greatest rivalry in all of sports.
I think it's overhyped

Reactions: Godfatha
My concern is a very narrow Michigan loss on the road (which isn’t far fetched in $hit weather) only drops them to four, w/TCU winning out & sneaking in as a 3.

An undefeated USC w/a PAC12 Championship is also a threat, but I think a 1loss Michigan is more so.

OSU has a far, far superior offense to UG and their defense is rated top 5....... And they haven't even had some of their top playmakers like Jaxon Smith Njigba (who hasn't played hardly at all this season) and are saving for the Michigan game and beyond.
Is their offense really superior? Have they been tested yet ?

If TCU loses to Baylor or K State, how about
1 Ga
2 OS
3 TN
4 MI
Let the two big conferences sort out who is real and who are posers.

For me it's...
1 - Georgia: Georgia wins out.
2 - Ohio State: Ohio State and Michigan is going to be a bloodbath. They've had that circled since Michigan handed them their butts in the snow in Ann Arbor last year. No way they don't look convincing at home in that.
3 - Tennessee: See TCU.
4 - TCU: TCU has @Baylor, vs Iowa State and then probably K State again for their conference. They probably win out, but maybe don't look like world beaters against K State. We narrowly jump them in the standings after crushing the spread against South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

Also in the conversation:
Southern Cal has @UCLA, vs Notre Dame, and then probably the winner of this week's Oregon/Utah game for their conference. If they win all of those, this gets real interesting. I don't think they do.
The winner of Clemson/UNC probably gets high enough in the rankings to get ticked off about not making it into the top four and that's about it.

We're honestly probably interchangeable with TCU in the 3/4 spots, but I think Georgia-TCU and Tennessee-OSU make for more compelling semi-finals.

Michigan is an excellent team. They are capable of beating Ohio State. I don't think they will but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I hate Ohio State and the fact they always win the B1G and how arrogance they are but we really need Ohio State to win. I don't think Michigan gets in over Tennessee but there is a shot with Ohio State getting in over Tennessee (especially if Notre Dame keeps winning).

As I've stated at least 3 times in the past 7 days, the final 4 will most likely be:

1. GA
2. Ohio St.
3. Tennessee
4. USC/TCU (Oregon is now out)

It's pretty apparent based on the 1st and 2nd CFP polls that the committee wants these top 4.
Only disaster nightmare scenario would be LSU upsetting GA and winning SEC championship game. I'm sure the committee would have a hard time not putting the SEC champ in the final 4 even with 2 losses.
I do think Tennessee will jump TCU regardless of TCU's record.
It would be hard to put a 2 Loss LSU team in over a one loss teams, Michigan, Tennessee, Clemson, USC.
I don't think that they will penalize TN for losing to GA.
A Division that may potentially have the 2 best teams in College Football. It is hard to ignore that potential fact.
A Loss by TCU and the Loser of the Michigan/Ohio State Game may or may not get in. If that happens you still have potentially Clemson & USC filling the void.
Patience.
Regardless of what happens a 2 loss LSU team is on the outside looking in and a lot has to happen. Texas A&M can beat LSU at home and GA should put them to rest.
TCU has an easier path now so who knows.
I still feel that it is a GA vs TCU and a TN vs Ohio State/Michigan Winner.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Believe it or not. TV ratings matter imo. NCAA knows if Tennessee is in there, the viewer ship increases tremendously. I know some will say that don’t matter but it does imo
A local member of the media said(about the playoff) at the end of the day, it’s a tv show and it’s all about the ratings!

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I do think Tennessee will jump TCU regardless of TCU's record.
It would be hard to put a 2 Loss LSU team in over a one loss teams, Michigan, Tennessee, Clemson, USC.
I don't think that they will penalize TN for losing to GA.
A Division that may potentially have the 2 best teams in College Football. It is hard to ignore that potential fact.
A Loss by TCU and the Loser of the Michigan/Ohio State Game may or may not get in. If that happens you still have potentially Clemson & USC filling the void.
Patience.
Regardless of what happens a 2 loss LSU team is on the outside looking in and a lot has to happen. Texas A&M can beat LSU at home and GA should put them to rest.
TCU has an easier path now so who knows.
I still feel that it is a GA vs TCU and a TN vs Ohio State/Michigan Winner.

I disagree and maybe it’s BVS but I feel like this is the year that an undefeated Big12 team gets in over a 1 loss SEC team, because this year it will “just make sense!”
With that said, the committee better go ahead and start conditioning college football fan, to get used to seeing multiple SEC teams, because in an expanded playoff, you’d have Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss and Alabama!😎

Last edited:
Reactions: 67Vol
I think Ohio State is lying in wait for Michigan very much like Georgia was 2 weeks ago with us. Sleep walking through their last couple of games with a sorta close call at Penn State—which they still won handily.

Michigan/OSU really is a different animal when it comes to rivalries. Even the SEC doesn’t have anything that compares. It’s the greatest rivalry in all of sports.
Meh.

I can think of plenty that are just as good. That rivalry is magnified because it's usually the only two good teams in the wretched, boring conference.

Meh.

I can think of plenty that are just as good. That rivalry is magnified because it's usually the only two good teams in the wretched, boring conference.

There are plenty of good rivalries, but there are only a select few that transcend and imbed themselves into American culture. Yankees/Red Sox, Celtics/Lakers, Duke/UNC.

Michigan/OSU is one of those.

OSU has not seen the speed and pure size the SEC will give them. It does not exist in the BIG10. That is why they struggle when they see it.

You do realize that Ohio State recruits the majority of it's players from all over the country, especially the south. Really stupid statement. And, how much bigger do you need to be on both sides of the line that averages 315-320....including a 6'8" 370 lb. behemoth.

You do realize that Ohio State recruits the majority of it's players from all over the country, especially the south. Really stupid statement. And, how much bigger do you need to be on both sides of the line that averages 315-320....including a 6'8" 370 lb. behemoth.
See Michigan Vs UGA last season if you want size vs size and speed comparisons. The game is played different in this Conference. OsU has a horrible history of getting beat by SEC teams and that conference as a whole outside of Penn State. If you lije them so much go buy a hat. The conference is horrible. They play nobodies out of conference. Sorry im not sold on OSU being fantastic

I disagree and maybe it’s BVS but I feel like this is the year that an undefeated Big12 team gets in over a 1 loss SEC team, because this year it will “just make sense!”
With that said, the committee better go ahead and start conditioning college football fan, to get used to seeing multiple SEC teams, because in an expanded playoff, you’d have Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss and Alabama!😎
What I was trying to say is that if TCU goes undefeated they are in, but I feel that Tennessee would move to the 3 spot and the 4th spot would be TCU. Jumping over them in the seeding not to make the final 4 CFP

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I do not think MI can beat OSU, the talent gap is too wide. OSU only loses if they beat themselves. You may say the same thing about GA and UT. But, that is why they play the games.

VN Store

Back