If Hooker's injury is serious

I'm willing to bet that Bailey would have known that he needed to throw the ball regardless. In that situation it doesn't matter that no one is open. Same as a hail mary. Throw it up and hope for the best. That's a whole lot easier to take that a QB trying to run 20 yards and make it to the end zone with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Even worse when the QB ducks out of bounds to avoid a hit. At least cut it inside and fight for the goal line.

And, yes, I agree with you. QB has to throw it there.

A couple inches lower and Ole Miss intercepts it. The throw was exactly where it needed to be. Tillman let it go right through his hands.

Agree on if it was lower. However, he barely got his finger tips on that pass. It was catchable only if he was able to jump higher.

Reactions: Wireless1 and Rando
We're screwed.

The Milton to Tillman pass was high and hard. A couple inches lower or a little advsigter and we win.
He threw the ball where he was supposed to. You throw that pass high to avoid a pick, your receiver is supposed to jump and get it. Tillman didn't go up hard, probably tired. Fresh legs may have been what we needed. But, on THAT throw, Milton put it in the spot he's supposed to.

Reactions: tnktm
I'm really not being a Negavol here but our chances of winning this week are slim to none so does it really matte who the QB is. I would rest all the injured and get everybody healthy for KY and the final stretch.

You're OK in this instance. We're thin to begin with. We're banged up along OL and DL both, and possibly short 1-2 DBs. To win any of the remaining games will require a Samantha - Merlin - Glinda hybrid, with Sabrina as a sidekick to work such a level of wizardry to astound even Dr. Stephen Strange. But you know what? Until reality smashes my face, I will keep believing in miracles and my Vols. Go Get 'Em Big Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple inches lower and Ole Miss intercepts it. The throw was exactly where it needed to be. Tillman let it go right through his hands.

I fear that the receiver was under elevated as much as the pass was too high. He did not seem to get good lift, at least in my memory.

In 4 seasons Milton is 107 for 197 for 1,448 yards with 6 TDs and 6 INTs.

In 2 seasons Bailey is 51 for 75 for 594 yards with 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

Since neither will win the future running the ball, this is why I prefer Bailey over Milton.

IMO, that incompletion was on Tillman. Don't know what Milton was thinking. Given our QB depth, if Hooker is even borderline, you have to throw Milton out there vs. Bama, unless he (Milton) is just "checked out".
Yes, it touched his fingertip. How did he not pull it in?

Even worse when the QB ducks out of bounds to avoid a hit. At least cut it inside and fight for the goal line.

And, yes, I agree with you. QB has to throw it there.
Very disappointing. He must have had no concept of time there. He's big enough to have fraught for that 8 yards in that situation

Reactions: Wireless1
Rewatch it and stop making excuses for Milton. The ball was out of Tillman's reach. Period. You could argue if it is thrown lower it could be picked off, but it was terribly overthrown. The last play of Milton running out of bounds as the clock expired tells me he doesn't have a clue or just doesn't want to get hit. He could just throw it up for grabs. Who knows we could get lucky or get a penalty to get another shot. Or, if it is intercepted, the game is over anyway, but at least we are given a chance. But after he stupidly crossed the line of scrimmage he should have at least tried to run it in. Running out of bounds is just unforgivable.

Very disappointing. He must have had no concept of time there. He's big enough to have fraught for that 8 yards in that situation
That bothers me the most. Dude is bigger than any DB that could’ve hit him and he just steps out. He could’ve easily got close enough to stretch for the goal line but didn’t.

Say what you will about JG going rogue but at least he tried to score, Milton just quit, he shouldn’t see the field unless Bailey gets hurt.

We're definitely screwed. Bailey won't thrive in this offense. We've already seen him a few times.

Milton just sucks all around and has terrible decision making during live play. He literally just JG'd us and single handedly made sure we had zero percent chance at winning.
then let Bailey play HIS game until he 'learns' this offense

VN Store

Back