If Florida played Tennessee 12x, would they be 12-0?

Heupel and his staff are doing a great job but they let "Sunbelt" Billy out coach them and it was embarrassing. Florida definitely had a better game plan going into the game and the coaches didn't handle it well.

The coaching deserved an F for that game. The only two other times this year that I have seen problems were Austin Peay game and the second half of the Alabama game. There were some hiccups at times against A&M as well.

Frankly, the Alabama game was interesting because Alabama wasn't very prepared or coached well in the first half but adjusted very well. Tennessee did not adjust well at all to Alabama. Saban's adjustments and coaching for second half was impressive.
I don't think you can lay Florida all on coaching, not having Cooper Mays in that most hostile of environments was a really bad break. I don't know that we'd have won with him, but I feel like we would have been a lot more competitive.

I don't think you can lay Florida all on coaching, not having Cooper Mays in that most hostile of environments was a really bad break. I don't know that we'd have won with him, but I feel like we would have been a lot more competitive.

Florida ran this stupid counter play that let to one of the run for TDs. Alabama, ironically, ran the same plays in the second half of their game. We did not have an answer for it. I felt like the offense was alright but the defense did not show up in Gainesville and it was clear.

Florida has a putrid offensive line yet they manhandled our defense. Some of it was due to their play calling which expose holes/gaps in our defense. I felt like our defenders were playing hard but they were often in the wrong spot on the field and not prepared for what Florida did to us. That is play calling and that was on the defense (not offense). So O-line excuse isn't there.

Florida has been in Tennessee's heads since 1990...

ONLY sustained, annual Ws against Florida will EVER break those "chains"...

200.gif

Florida ran this stupid counter play that let to one of the run for TDs. Alabama, ironically, ran the same plays in the second half of their game. We did not have an answer for it. I felt like the offense was alright but the defense did not show up in Gainesville and it was clear.

Florida has a putrid offensive line yet they manhandled our defense. Some of it was due to their play calling which expose holes/gaps in our defense. I felt like our defenders were playing hard but they were often in the wrong spot on the field and not prepared for what Florida did to us. That is play calling and that was on the defense (not offense). So O-line excuse isn't there.
The offense scored 16 points my man. It's crazy if you think it not having it's veteran center and caller of protections/blocking assignments in one of the loudest stadiums in college football at night didn't have a significant effect on their performance. I agree we had a poor showing on defense, both in execution by players, and by coaching.

The offense scored 16 points my man. It's crazy if you think it not having it's veteran center and caller of protections/blocking assignments in one of the loudest stadiums in college football at night didn't have a significant effect on their performance. I agree we had a poor showing on defense, both in execution by players, and by coaching.

I watched the game, the defense cost us (especially in first half). The offense didn't get the ball much because the defense kept giving up 8 minute or longer scoring drives so offense never got the ball to get in rhythm.

I watched the game, the defense cost us (especially in first half). The offense didn't get the ball much because the defense kept giving up 8 minute or longer scoring drives so offense never got the ball to get in rhythm.
But the offense was terrible when they did have the ball and the play calling was atrocious. Not sure why Heupel decided to get so conservative. It seemed like we didn’t even want to try and get back into the game.

Let's maybe start over with Hype as coach and track from there going forward.

The rear view mirror view is what is behind you.

We have lots to look forward to ahead of us!
Well in that case we aren’t starting out very good. Heupel is 1-2 against UF. And we better hope Napier keeps his incompetence going because he is recruiting at a very high level.

VN Store

Back