If Chadwell Ends Up Being the Guy...

VolFann9

Some fun speculation to take our minds off the implosion that is happening before our eyes. Who would you rather have running the offense, Hooker from VT or McCall, Chadwell’s quarterback at coastal (assuming he comes with)? Here is McCall’s freshman highlights:

Coastal finished 25th in the nation in offense. Chadwell said that his offense doesn’t require the biggest or most talented offensive lineman and wide receivers to be successful. Sounds like the offense could be somewhat similar to butch’s with smaller OLs that do a lot of pulling and get out in space to block. Of course Kiffin (my personal preference) finished 3rd in the nation with his ole miss offense, just thought I’d throw that out there 😂

*Almost forgot Salter will be in the mix as well

His offense doesn't play in the SEC. If you can't match up somewhat physically, you will get ground into dust.

I don't know if I agree. What's the goal, to win the SEC? That ain't happening. Despite fans' beliefs otherwise, we ain't toppling Georgia or Bama (or Florida) anytime soon. We had a window of opportunity after Urban left Florida, and we blew it big time. Butch's offense was better than what we've had with Pruitt and it's undeniable, probably more because of Dobb's than Butch but still. I do think Butch's teams could have held up better in the later half of the 2016 season if 1) the program wheels didn't fall off, 2) more depth at key positions, and 3) an actual strength and conditioning program. I think you can run an offense like this and win 8-9 games, which would be an upgrade over what we've had

Reactions: VolnJC and 08Vol
Pruitt said that we're gonna recruit the big trucks, lineup, and run it down people's throats. He had Trey Smith, Cade Mays, Wanya Morris, and Darnell Wright (four 5* players), in addition to Brandon Kennedy, a Bama guy. He had two highly recruited running backs, plus he had two bruisers (Banks and Crouch) that he chose to play at linebacker. Outside of Mizzou, did we run it down anybody's throats this year?

Pruitt said that we're gonna recruit the big trucks, lineup, and run it down people's throats. He had Trey Smith, Cade Mays, Wanya Morris, and Darnell Wright (four 5* players), in addition to Brandon Kennedy, a Bama guy. He had two highly recruited running backs, plus he had two bruisers (Banks and Crouch) that he chose to play at linebacker. Outside of Mizzou, did we run it down anybody's throats this year?
We kind of did against Bama last year... and other teams. We just didn’t have the finishing kill on a lot of drives.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Some fun speculation to take our minds off the implosion that is happening before our eyes. Who would you rather have running the offense, Hooker from VT or McCall, Chadwell’s quarterback at coastal (assuming he comes with)? Here is McCall’s freshman highlights:

Coastal finished 25th in the nation in offense. Chadwell said that his offense doesn’t require the biggest or most talented offensive lineman and wide receivers to be successful. Sounds like the offense could be somewhat similar to butch’s with smaller OLs that do a lot of pulling and get out in space to block. Of course Kiffin (my personal preference) finished 3rd in the nation with his ole miss offense, just thought I’d throw that out there 😂

No, no, no, no, no and no. Butches small oline weren't that great.

Chadwell is from Tennessee. Has spent his whole football career in the south. Okay?

Don't confuse what he's saying as being his preference. He will line up with 320 lbs Olineman here if he has them. Every average coach from the south knows the best lineman is not big linemen, not quick lineman, BUT Big and Quick lineman.

As far who I want at Qb between them.
McCall is a stud. With that said, if Hooker can get this offense down then you play both of them.
If Brian Maurer stays around and is eligible than he could explode under Chadwells coaching style.

He is overrated and his offense is smoke and mirrors wouldn’t translate to the weekly grind of the SEC.
Right. Because it's not like we would have our own SEC athletes to operate with.
Or how the game of football is geared to benefit offense now in general.

You don't even know what they do offensively...

Right. Because it's not like we would have our own SEC athletes to operate with.

How did that kind of offense work out when we hired Butch? We had a small undersized Oline for the SEC.

. We can’t hire a coach from friggin Coastal Carolina we can’t take that risk again how many times do we have to get burned by gambling on a unproven coach either never being a HC or one from the D leagues. We simply cannot make that mistake again.

How did that kind of offense work out when we hired Butch? We had a small undersized Oline for the SEC.
Dude...hes at Coastal Carolina.

Read what i responded before.
He's not going to lineup with 280 lbs lineman if he doesn't haven to.

. We can’t hire a coach from friggin Coastal Carolina we can’t take that risk again how many times do we have to get burned
Oh so we cant hire a 3 time conference coach of the year??
AN AP COACH OF THE YEAR. as in the ENTIRE FBS.

Urban Meyer was Bowling Green at one time.
Brian Kelly at Central Michigan.

What are those bums doing now right??

You don't have to be a coach from the south to recruit. All you have to be is a guy with ties to the NFL, and can develope your players. Big namecoach is what gets the players. Cornbread was from the South, Dooley from the South, how did those turn out?

. We can’t hire a coach from friggin Coastal Carolina we can’t take that risk again how many times do we have to get burned by gambling on a unproven coach either never being a HC or one from the D leagues. We simply cannot make that mistake again.

It's only been a mistake because the coaches we hired sucked. It had nothing to do with where they came from. Butch couldn't build a program, he had just followed Brian Kelly at every stop. Dooley had an overall losing record as a head coach.

When Urban left Utah, it was an equivalent program to Coastal Carolina. Utah was not in the PAC at that time. If we pass on him, we are going to watch him be good somewhere else in the future.

VN Store

Back