If Chadwell Ends Up Being the Guy...

You would be inviting additional NCAA scrutiny if you hired Chadwell. If you are comfortable with this additional scrutiny, why wouldn't you hire Freeze?

Really. What did Chadwell do?
What did the NCAA 2020 Coach of the Year do at Charleston Southern 5 years ago?

Chadwell's NCAA issues have either been (1) not connected to him whatsoever (the bookstore issue), or (2) not serious (messaging a recruit on social media).

NCAA won't give a damn about Chadwell like they would with Freeze.
Say this as many times as you need to for these people to understand....

Chadwell is from Tennessee. Has spent his whole football career in the south. Okay?

Don't confuse what he's saying as being his preference. He will line up with 320 lbs Olineman here if he has them. Every average coach from the south knows the best lineman is not big linemen, not quick lineman, BUT Big and Quick lineman.

As far who I want at Qb between them.
McCall is a stud. With that said, if Hooker can get this offense down then you play both of them.
If Brian Maurer stays around and is eligible than he could explode under Chadwells coaching style.
Is Bailey gone or are you just speculating he will transfer since he publicly supported Pruitt or his dad did (whatever that story was)?

Some fun speculation to take our minds off the implosion that is happening before our eyes. Who would you rather have running the offense, Hooker from VT or McCall, Chadwell’s quarterback at coastal (assuming he comes with)? Here is McCall’s freshman highlights:

Coastal finished 25th in the nation in offense. Chadwell said that his offense doesn’t require the biggest or most talented offensive lineman and wide receivers to be successful. Sounds like the offense could be somewhat similar to butch’s with smaller OLs that do a lot of pulling and get out in space to block. Of course Kiffin (my personal preference) finished 3rd in the nation with his ole miss offense, just thought I’d throw that out there 😂

*Almost forgot Salter will be in the mix as well

I'm a little skeptical. SEC secondary's are a lot better than that film. As are the LB's, and DL's, and DC's...

Chadwell is from Tennessee. Has spent his whole football career in the south. Okay?

Don't confuse what he's saying as being his preference. He will line up with 320 lbs Olineman here if he has them. Every average coach from the south knows the best lineman is not big linemen, not quick lineman, BUT Big and Quick lineman.

As far who I want at Qb between them.
McCall is a stud. With that said, if Hooker can get this offense down then you play both of them.
If Brian Maurer stays around and is eligible than he could explode under Chadwells coaching style.
Chadwell is from a town 20 minutes from my home. And sadly I never knew until his success this year.

Reactions: LittleVol
Really. What did Chadwell do?
What did the NCAA 2020 Coach of the Year do at Charleston Southern 5 years ago?

Enough where you would be inviting NCAA scrutiny.

This isnt saying that I dont think he's a good coach or that he should be disqualified because of NCAA scrutiny. It's just an observation that if you are willing to deal with the NCAA scrutiny, I'd choose Freeze over him.

That's completely wrong. He's no different than any other coach. None are clean

I agree that none are clean but if you hire a coach that has prior issues and he has NCAA issues at UT after the Pruitt debacle, we would be looking at a really bad situation.

That's the additional risk you have with Chadwell and Freeze. If you are willing to take that risk, I'd hire Freeze over Chadwell

Is Bailey gone or are you just speculating he will transfer since he publicly supported Pruitt or his dad did (whatever that story was)?

I said nothing about Bailey in that post. Heś still at UT as far as I know...

I agree that none are clean but if you hire a coach that has prior issues and he has NCAA issues at UT after the Pruitt debacle, we would be looking at a really bad situation.

That's the additional risk you have with Chadwell and Freeze. If you are willing to take that risk, I'd hire Freeze over Chadwell
They've all had them so you can't hire a proven coach. His are not even close to a level that would disqualify him. Did you actually read about them? Freeze was directly involved

Reactions: Samthebam
Enough where you would be inviting NCAA scrutiny.

This isnt saying that I dont think he's a good coach or that he should be disqualified because of NCAA scrutiny. It's just an observation that if you are willing to deal with the NCAA scrutiny, I'd choose Freeze over him.
Honestly its a push between them. And Either guy would win and be hired if our New AD has the balls to do it.

People keep on about this NCAA scrutiny. Something is going to be handed down because of Pruitt. We might as well start winning now while we have the talent, before scholly reductions.

And that stuff with Chadwell hardly raises any flags. Freeześ stuff is more dirty. But even hiring him creates a great redemption story that would generate a ton of cash.

Chadwell is from a town 20 minutes from my home. And sadly I never knew until his success this year.

Theres so many colleges and coaches with all kinds of success that never get recognized.
Not a lot of people are doing what Chadwell has been able to do.

Coastal Carolina was not even close to the most talented team even in the Sun-Belt conference.
Heś beating superior teams by scheme and heart!
Imagine if you give him 4 and 5 star players...

Bill Snyder was a guy with Kansas State that was so good. He always fielded good tough well coached teams. And when he did get some real talent, they always had great teams.

There's no doubt in my mind that CC would have kicked the crap out of several SEC teams this past season....UT, Ky, Mo, SC, and likely a few more too. Chadwell's guys left nothing on the field and that's the kind of coach I want. Saying he couldn't do the same in the SEC is hogwash as it's the same freaking game.

There's no doubt in my mind that CC would have kicked the crap out of several SEC teams this past season....UT, Ky, Mo, SC, and likely a few more too. Chadwell's guys left nothing on the field and that's the kind of coach I want. Saying he couldn't do the same in the SEC is hogwash as it's the same freaking game.
Bet he wouldnt have been as successful with JG at QB

Reactions: Tnslim1
Oh so we cant hire a 3 time conference coach of the year??
AN AP COACH OF THE YEAR. as in the ENTIRE FBS.

Urban Meyer was Bowling Green at one time.
Brian Kelly at Central Michigan.

What are those bums doing now right??
If we hire a dude with baggage, call Hugh.

I think White already has his list of potential hires. He is closely connected to other FBS coaches and hiring from a school that recently moved up from the FCS doesn't make much sense for a big-time program. I could be wrong but just my opinion.

Reactions: LittleVol
Some fun speculation to take our minds off the implosion that is happening before our eyes. Who would you rather have running the offense, Hooker from VT or McCall, Chadwell’s quarterback at coastal (assuming he comes with)? Here is McCall’s freshman highlights:

Coastal finished 25th in the nation in offense. Chadwell said that his offense doesn’t require the biggest or most talented offensive lineman and wide receivers to be successful. Sounds like the offense could be somewhat similar to butch’s with smaller OLs that do a lot of pulling and get out in space to block. Of course Kiffin (my personal preference) finished 3rd in the nation with his ole miss offense, just thought I’d throw that out there 😂

*Almost forgot Salter will be in the mix as well

It's been widely talked about that Chadwell had some NCAA issues before he got to Coastal. If we can't hire freeze then we can't hire him either. Plus I really think he's just the flavor of the month, I wanna see good results more than 1 season. JMO

If we hire a dude with baggage, call Hugh.
Their baggage is entirely different, yet both are vetted regardless.

Id be thrilled with either one. Their teams played the best game of the year when they went against each other...

It's been widely talked about that Chadwell had some NCAA issues before he got to Coastal. If we can't hire freeze then we can't hire him either. Plus I really think he's just the flavor of the month, I wanna see good results more than 1 season. JMO

Look guys its FINE to have an opinion.
But HAVE an opinion haha. just do little research.

Heś coached at two other places since Charleston Southern. And he won NCAA Coach of the Year this season.

Not busting you up or anything, but heś had success before coastal.
He was 3 points away from having Coastal Carolina finishing as a Top 10 team with a roster NOT even in the top 100 FBS...imagine what he could do with a Top 25 talent roster- which Tennessee still has.

Before Coastal he was Southern Conference COY 3 times...

He had one of the most balanced offenses in college football.

Hes not some flash in the pan, heś been a head coach for over 100 games and has a winning record while most all of them were REBUILDS!

VN Store

Back