If a Saban Crony couldn't right the ship, why would we expect an AAC coach to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please get through more than 1 really good season before we jump to even more conclusions?
If Tenn goes 7-5 next year we come back on this thread and criticize you?
Answer of course is no, because that would be jumping to even more conclusions.
I will add that even if we go 7-5 or 8-4 next year.... it is a far cry from what any coach has done here in 20 years. If you come to critique CJH if we do fall off a little next season does that say he can't get it done or more likely some of you have no clue ?

I will add that even if we go 7-5 or 8-4 next year.... it is a far cry from what any coach has done here in 20 years. If you come to critique CJH if we do fall off a little next season does that say he can't get it done or more likely some of you have no clue ?
Some of ‘em will gleefully be all over it. They’ll be giddy.

Regardless of how you feel about a coaching hire, every new coach deserves a chance.

Kiffin deserved one. Dooley deserved one. Butch deserved one. Pruitt deserved one. Heupel deserves one.

You can bi tch all you want. Doesn't really matter. I just don't know what it accomplished?

#GoodTakesExposed

Gonna get my foot in the door early: Fire Josh Heupel

giphy.gif

Gonna get my foot in the door early: Fire Josh Heupel

I will expose myself. I did not like the hire. However, who the hell am I? It was my least favorite hire of all the last clowns. I thought the power to be at the university had given up and made the choice to just take whoever they could get. I think it is impossible for most folks to understand how much a coach at this level has to deal with on a daily basis. I am happy that CJH is our coach. After the SC game, I really wanted to see how his team responded. They smoked Vandy. I became a full 100% supporter after that game. I was skeptical until that point. Call it batter Vol fan syndrome or something to that effect.

I will expose myself. I did not like the hire. However, who the hell am I? It was my least favorite hire of all the last clowns. I thought the power to be at the university had given up and made the choice to just take whoever they could get. I think it is impossible for most folks to understand how much a coach at this level has to deal with on a daily basis. I am happy that CJH is our coach. After the SC game, I really wanted to see how his team responded. They smoked Vandy. I became a full 100% supporter after that game. I was skeptical until that point. Call it batter Vol fan syndrome or something to that effect.

No need to do that. I was skeptical at first too, then cautiously optimistic w/some excitement by the time the first game started.

And I'm not bashing anyone who was skeptical. I'm not even bashing people for not liking the hire. But I am all about the armchair ADs who declared the hire a failure before the ink was dry and the first practice in the book or competing to see who could be the most-over-the-top Karen.

For that crowd....

Nom, nom, nom. Eat that crow!!

eating-crow-for-dinner.jpg

Reactions: sjt18
LOL. Nah, just a simple keyword search. Amazing how triggered some people will get having their takes quoted back to them, isn't it?
For the most part I have an intentionally short memory for stuff like that. Sometimes I will pull up a past statement if someone is particularly and consistently annoying.

I think you've been "in bounds" by bringing up some of the more negative and condemning posters.

Good job.

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
No need to do that. I was skeptical at first too, then cautiously optimistic w/some excitement by the time the first game started.

And I'm not bashing anyone who was skeptical. I'm not even bashing people for not liking the hire. But I am all about the armchair ADs who declared the hire a failure before the ink was dry and the first practice in the book or competing to see who could be the most-over-the-top Karen.

For that crowd....

Nom, nom, nom. Eat that crow!!

eating-crow-for-dinner.jpg
I prefer my crow served warm, please. I did not like that his record got worse each year he was there. Never thought he would have us ranked #1 in the country and beating Bama, Florida, LSU, and Clemson in just 2 short years.

I prefer my crow served warm, please. I did not like that his record got worse each year he was there. Never thought he would have us ranked #1 in the country and beating Bama, Florida, LSU, and Clemson in just 2 short years.
The problem was that was a conclusion based on a bad sample set. UCF isn't a program that's going to put 13 win rosters together year over year. The Covid year screwed with a lot of coaches and programs. So you had two comparison years One included a single loss by a TD to #6 LSU. The other included 3 losses by a total of 7 points. Four losses by a total of 15 points over two years... isn't evidence of a bad "trend". It is much better explained by the breaks of the game and variations in talent at a place like UCF.

We are probably going to see some ups and downs at UT. That may especially be true early on. But what we saw in '22 is his potential with the right pieces in place... and it was very good.

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
I think thread bumps like this are necessary to help people remember not to post emotionally going forward.

Not that I think it will change anyone but there is always hope 😂🤦‍♂️

Don’t disagree.. but it’s also odd how people like to do this just to pump out their chest for internet cred.

LOL. Nah, just a simple keyword search. Amazing how triggered some people will get having their takes quoted back to them, isn't it?
It's the multiple old threads being bumped that clutter the board and make it confusing. There's still actual news coming out of the football program that should be at the top instead of this petty stuff

It's the multiple old threads being bumped that clutter the board and make it confusing. There's still actual news coming out of the football program that should be at the top instead of this petty stuff

I would argue it was the thread creators themselves responsible for the clutter.

i.e. the 5th, 6th, 7th, & 34th dudes that started a "My hissy-fit over the hire" or more recently the "my thotz on Hyatt sitting out Orange Bowl..."

Reactions: BenGrimm
Yeah, mister.

Limit your active "you were a troll or an idiot or both" threads to 3 at a time, please. That should allow us to also see the guys we're getting out of the transfer portal today.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
I would argue it was the thread creators themselves responsible for the clutter.

i.e. the 5th, 6th, 7th, & 34th dudes that started a "My hissy-fit over the hire" or more recently the "my thotz on Hyatt sitting out Orange Bowl..."
They were responsible 2 years ago. There just no need to keep doing it. We get the point

Reactions: BearCat204
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back