I would like to thank the Supreme Court, the NCAA, the universities, and players and their parents for ruining college football

lawgator1

There will be no such thing as loyalty to a program, school, or coach. The best players will force universities into bidding wars. A QB that wins the Heisman as a junior? He'll put himself on the free agency list for the portal the day after the bowls are done. Gone will be the days of sitting in the stands and watching a player progress over 2 to 4 years, maybe 5.

I'm not naive, I know it happened before on a lesser scale when it was not legal to make offers like we see now. But the scope of it now, and the fact that its going to just get worse....

There is no solution. NIL cannot be capped. I don't know, maybe student athletes never really did have much loyalty or allegiance and we romanticized it off the strength of the very few that seemed to embrace it, Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow. But now school fan bases are going to needle each other about how they stole this player or that player.

Time to realize that it was really just all about the show in years past? TV rights, pageantry, fight songs. The whole thing is just so depressing.

Is this..."Crocodile Tears"??!!

08058550adb0d92ddf79aa0683658f0a.jpg

They actually passed a law today saying that players can only transfer once without penalty. Unless a waiver is given for very specific circumstances, players who transfer more than once must sit out. Which I feel like is an improvement.

Side note: this is not applicable to graduate transfers. Once a player graduates, he is instantly eligible. Call this the "J.T. Daniel's Rule"

Last edited:
There will be no such thing as loyalty to a program, school, or coach. The best players will force universities into bidding wars. A QB that wins the Heisman as a junior? He'll put himself on the free agency list for the portal the day after the bowls are done. Gone will be the days of sitting in the stands and watching a player progress over 2 to 4 years, maybe 5.

I'm not naive, I know it happened before on a lesser scale when it was not legal to make offers like we see now. But the scope of it now, and the fact that its going to just get worse....

There is no solution. NIL cannot be capped. I don't know, maybe student athletes never really did have much loyalty or allegiance and we romanticized it off the strength of the very few that seemed to embrace it, Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow. But now school fan bases are going to needle each other about how they stole this player or that player.

Time to realize that it was really just all about the show in years past? TV rights, pageantry, fight songs. The whole thing is just so depressing.

No, it was real to a far greater extent than it is now. However, college players also need to understand that--if enough of them communicate the message long enough and loud enough that "it's not personal, we're just mercenaries"--fans, especially those of us who have witnessed the decline of this great sport for decades, may reciprocate with the following message to them: "As much as we enjoy watching our respective teams engage in battle on the gridiron, it is not essential to life. If you choose to exercise no loyalty to the program, we retain the power of the purse string. And, if we collectively choose to stop investing emotionally, let alone financially or through attendance, the college football pipeline slowly dries up and, with it, your route to the NFL."

They actually passed a law today saying that players can only transfer once without penalty. Unless a waiver is given for very specific circumstances, players who transfer more than once must sit out. Which I feel like is an improvement

Really? Who adopted that? Not sure it will stand up to legal scrutiny but interesting if true.

Reactions: KHVol
I know this is probably a dumb question, but does any NIL money have to go toward tuition/books etc? Are kids getting free-ride scholarships AND NIL money?

I haven't talked to a single person who thinks the NIL thing is a good idea.
PWO's always got help with books and other supplies along with tutors. You have to be ENROLLED and attending class to participate in athletics, so if you're using NIL money for tuition, it's unnecessary to REQUIRE it.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
PWO's always got help with books and other supplies along with tutors. You have to be ENROLLED and attending class to participate in athletics, so if you're using NIL money for tuition, it's unnecessary to REQUIRE it.
Thanks for the response.

giphy.gif

who-cares.gif

hilary.gif

More like:

Donor and player agree on NIL amount.

Donor from other school offers more just before signing, or just before portal opens. Player jumps ship.

NIL ruins college football.
That's not why there's trouble in the land of jorts. You guys couldn't pay up and now want to blame the system

NIL money doesn't come from the University.

I grew up a Vol fan because I could hear the TDs before the broadcast, not because X player lines up. I can assure you one thing, they will continue to line up and play. It doesn't matter if they are getting paid millions or if they are there for their heart. They're still going to be there with a full team and I will still be able to hear a score before the TV broadcasts it. They will continue to be good at times and bad sometimes. Nothing really changes.

Anyone that lives in a state with no state tax should not be complaining about the NIL, ahem Florida, cough cough. This is just beginning. If it stays like it is now, those will be the states with the best players.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back