I want to apologize to everyone on this forum

U-T

My wife has decided to go back to school.

Where you might ask?

The University of Georgia. We are both moving to Atlanta so instead of Tech or Emory....she chose Georgia because it has a better graduate department for what she wants to do.

Any husbands ever feel like when they put their foot down, the wife just laughs at you and continues doing whatever she wants to do? Ya, I am getting that treatment. I told her Tennessee or nothing. She...well, didn't see it like that.

Sigh, woman. :banghead2::tease2:

While your down there see if you can't find a few GA playbooks and ship them up to Knoxville

UGA has become a pretty freaking good public university, I'm sorry to say. Better than UTK will probably ever be, now that Loren Crabtree has been pushed out.

Grad school is like a job, though. It shouldn't affect her rooting status very much. If she starts rooting for the buttsniffers, though, you'll probably have to put her down. Sorry.

UGA has become a pretty freaking good public university, I'm sorry to say. Better than UTK will probably ever be, now that Loren Crabtree has been pushed out.

Grad school is like a job, though. It shouldn't affect her rooting status very much. If she starts rooting for the buttsniffers, though, you'll probably have to put her down. Sorry.
Buttsniffers ya say? :eek:lol:

Where you might ask?

The University of Georgia. We are both moving to Atlanta so instead of Tech or Emory....she chose Georgia because it has a better graduate department for what she wants to do.

Any husbands ever feel like when they put their foot down, the wife just laughs at you and continues doing whatever she wants to do? Ya, I am getting that treatment. I told her Tennessee or nothing. She...well, didn't see it like that.

:mf_surrender:women, can't live with them and can't live without them....just keep the honey sweet at your new home in dawgville and yell like hell for the vols :clapping:

It is definately means for DIVORCE!!!!

Where you might ask?

Just grin and bear it, man. At least you will get student tickets to watch our annual obliteration of Georgia's hope game. It really is sweet in Athens after a Vol victory; this goes for basketball and football.

Plus, it is fun to display the T to the vanquished on a daily basis.

Hey, at the end of the term, she'll have a great degree and increased earning capacity... unless she is getting her doctorate in Philosophy.

you can never fault someone for going somewhere that gives them the best education possible. I'd root for the Bin Laden All-Stars over 'Bama in football, but if 'Bama gave me my best shot at an education, i'd have went there.

:mf_surrender:women, can't live with them and can't live without them....just keep the honey sweet at your new home in dawgville and yell like hell for the vols :clapping:

Amen.

The other day we were looking at rugs and she asked me which one I liked....A or B...I choose A...she picked B

I love her but man....what a loving, beautiful pain-in-my-butt :p

Amen.

The other day we were looking at rugs and she asked me which one I liked....A or B...I choose A...she picked B

You saw that one coming didn't ya?

UGA has a nice graduate business school. I nearly went there before opting for UF.

You saw that one coming didn't ya?

:lolabove:

It is one of those things where....I know if I tell her "Honey, I really don't care" she will get mad at me....so I just pick one anyway knowing my input has little to no importance

Amen.

Get used to it, but keep giving your honest opinion. I made that mistake and slept in the guestroom that night.

Hopefully we'll see you in Athens this fall... or maybe next month for the hoops game.

Stegeman is a fun place to watch a game.

Plus, some drunk rode over it on a motorcycle so now it has an inexplicable fence on the roof. Funny stuff.

Here's a little fodder for your battle royale. I email this to my wife (UGA '98) and all her friends from school every October.

Attachments

• Georgia arch finger small.JPG
    Georgia arch finger small.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
Jawja is OK. If she was going to be attending UAT, you might have to consider a divorce.

I am not very familiar with UGA. Does UGA have multiple campus?

I live down here. I'm not above it, unfortunately.

At least they know how to play football there. In Raleigh, you halfway expect the quarterbacks to try to dribble the ball downfield and dunk it over the goalposts. :eek:hmy:

ACC football sucks. There's a reason Bobby Bowden ducked the SEC and joined the Always Crappy Conference. Too bad he decided to join the club.

That is exactly what I was going to say, almost word for word.

Depressing, isn't it? I have a three-year-old son who will need to pick a college in 15 years, and at this point I really don't expect to be able to recommend my own alma mater to him. Not when UGA is a better school and is right up the road. Now THAT'S crummy to think about.

(Let's hope he wants to go to Tech.)

Depressing, isn't it? I have a three-year-old son who will need to pick a college in 15 years, and at this point I really don't expect to be able to recommend my own alma mater to him. Not when UGA is a better school and is right up the road. Now THAT'S crummy to think about.

(Let's hope he wants to go to Tech.)

for a period of time I was thinking about living in the Atlanta area and working for Lockheed... and I honestly wouldn't be upset with any kid of mine going to UGA under the HOPE scholarship. It's a fine school.

VN Store

Back