Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Ahhhhh man you done did it.....brought me back down to earth.

But seriously for me, I know.......I just like to mess around.

Whenever the next coaching search happens, I’ll know what’s probably going to happen......but I’ll have some excited hope for a bit......that’s almost all we got......hope for something better.......that probably isn’t going to happen.......but hey.....it might!

With everything going on right now in the world......and in my house we’re all on quarantine......and there’s 3 small kids in here.....and I’m the grandpaw......not the paw........we can all dream a bit and try to get a bit excited........even if we know.

And hey I gots autoimmune disease.......me and covid don’t mix......hoping for more with what we got keeps some going, complaining keeps some going.......messing around keeps me going.

Sorry to hear about the autoimmune disorder. Stay safe. They can be hell. I really want Freeze as our next HC. I just don’t think Fulmer will pull the trigger right now. But...

Maybe Freeze stays at Liberty one more year and Pruitt improves a little next year. Gets a decent recruiting class and the paves the way for Freeze. Who knows??

Sorry to hear about the autoimmune disorder. Stay safe. They can be hell. I really want Freeze as our next HC. I just don’t think Fulmer will pull the trigger right now. But...

Maybe Freeze stays at Liberty one more year and Pruitt improves a little next year. Gets a decent recruiting class and the paves the way for Freeze. Who knows??

Who knows what will happen......but if I was Freeze I would take the best job that came open this year......you never know what will happen next year.

Yea I’ve had this crap for many years now. My wife has covid, I’ll know tomorrow morning if I do or not, and pretty sure my adult daughter has it.....she’ll know on Wednesday.

Hoping I don’t.....cause seriously me and that won’t mix......but we’ve all been through crap......and everyone will probably go through more.

One thing UT has to get over this holier than thou attitude. The reason we didn't hire Leach is cuz he's weird. Simple. They thought it would be embarrassing for a program of UTs stature to hire a "weird" guy like Leach. There was no problem hiring a mildly retarded one like Pruitt though...but I digress. Freeze has the negative history that sets off the alarms with the UT elites. "We're too good for someone like....THAT". Nobody cares anymore what Freeze did though...so it's time for UT to get over themselves and win some damn football games.

One thing UT has to get over this holier than thou attitude. The reason we didn't hire Leach is cuz he's weird. Simple. They thought it would be embarrassing for a program of UTs stature to hire a "weird" guy like Leach. There was no problem hiring a mildly retarded one like Pruitt though...but I digress. Freeze has the negative history that sets off the alarms with the UT elites. "We're too good for someone like....THAT". Nobody cares anymore what Freeze did though...so it's time for UT to get over themselves and win some damn football games.
Amen!!!!

Mullen won clean at Miss State on a regular basis. His last 3-4 years, they didn't finish with less than 9 wins.
Please... Nobody is "clean" in this league. They all cheat and sometimes they just get caught. Freeze whipping Don Sabione, twice, I'm sure had nothing to do with the axe falling on him.... 😉

Reactions: Remy and VOL_Lyfe
If I'm Freeze I'd hang tight. He could end up with the stadium named after him at Liberty. Heck, he's young enough that he could see them added to the ACC someday. With the resources Liberty has and the sweet situation he has there, I'd sit tight and only leave for the LSU or Bama job (both of which will be open sooner rather than later)

USCe will probably get him before us.

As usual ut will wait too long and lose out on another good coach. Just like we could have had Mullen had we acted sooner; however, it appears we didn't really want him and didn't even mention him until Fla had an opening and then it was too late. Freeze will probably go to SC, and beat us and challenge for the Eastern conference in a couple of years. If we do fire Pruitt we will get another unproven winner and go thru the same cycle again in 4 years. If we act after Sat, and his is terrible but a win over a winless Vandy will save him this year. And if jg comes back next year, he will start and that will be the end for Pruitt if that happens. If we were in a battle with Sc for him we could get him. But I don't think Fulmer will fire Pruitt this year or next year either regardless of how much we lose. Fulmer will have to be fired before Pruitt is replaced.

I love that we haven't even hinted at firing Jeremy Pruitt. The university itself has nowhere near enough funds available to fire JP & Co., yet the article ends with, "There’s nothing like coaching search season."

Hahahaaaa... Is the author a VN member?

... maybe Fulmer and the Admin can actually administrate this crossroads well. Maybe they think he is done too, because every sports media commentator out there has now caught up with the consensus of VN. Pruitt is done. Now, Later... no matter. He is done. Might as well get Freeze and hasten the end of the Saban era.

Yes get him while we can

Looking back at Hugh Freeze's 'thankful' opportunity in joining Vols' staff
I'm not for firing Pruitt yet, but for those that don't think he would be hired for morality reasons, it appears he was almost here.

I would love to have Freeze here, but I don't see that happening. He is too good of a coach for us to hire him. We will go with another unproven winner, and if that is the route we are going it is no need to fire him. Get a proven winner or save the buyout.

Freeze is talented but he comes with more baggage than Lane Kiffin ever did. Whomever hires him is begging for trouble.

Lots of people learn from their mistakes. Hopefully Freeze has learned from them and will be so happy to be back in the sec, he would walk a straight line. And with that said something is going on regarding Jg, Pruitt is not so stupid to think jg gives us the best chance to win. Something very fishy here, Jg knows something and will spill the beans if he is benched for good.

I believe if the big money boosters thought this hire was truly the one to make Tennessee a Top 10 program again they would make it happen. The previous hires Dooley Jones and Pruitt there was no need to come off the money. One firing had to happen. Two no big time coach wanted the job. In CHRIST Alone.

Any big time coach that is available would take the UT job for the right money. Or any other school for that matter. Money talks

VN Store

Back