I tried double cheeseburgers from 10 fast-food chains and the tastiest was also the best deal

I don’t think we have In and Out in Florida.

I remember when they didn't have any east of Vegas, but now they're as far east as Texas. As I understand it, their slow/limited expansion has to do with quality assurance. They don't want to freeze their meat, so that creates supply chain constraints.

I always liked Steak 'n Shake in Atlanta. Don't know if the burgers were doubles bc I'd always had too many doubles by the time we ended up there. Purple Cow in Kingsport has excellent burgers and Reubens that you'd kill for!

image604690.jpg
image604685.jpg

I remember when they didn't have any east of Vegas, but now they're as far east as Texas. As I understand it, their slow/limited expansion has to do with quality assurance. They don't want to freeze their meat, so that creates supply chain constraints.
If you’re referring to In-N-Out Burger, even the expansion to Vegas/Phoenix only occured about 15 years ago. The original readon for their lack of expansion was supposedly that they would only expand into a new area when a family member was willing to move there to run the new location. Back then, there weren’t even many locations in Northern California. It was mostly a Southern California chain. When the parents passed the business down to the next generation, they said, “Screw that! Let’s cash in!” That’s when expansion eastward began with Vegas/Phoenix.

Emmy Squared Pizza in the Gulch, Nashville. Le Big Matt. Quite possibly the best burger I have ever had. Hands down.
View attachment 449372
I’m assuming that’s not a fast food burger. If you’re opening it up to more traditional sit down, but still casual restaurants, Hoppdoddy Burger Bar is a chain (It started in Texas, but it’s AZ, CA, CO and apparently Nashville and Memphis too) that makes fantastic burgers and a great selection of high quality micro brews on tap. It’s not cheap (and prices have increased due to Biden’s record inflation too), but the quality is really good. I think their micro brews skew toward local selections (at least it does in AZ).

Last edited:
Out of that list, my top two are Shake Shack and Five Guys.

I want to try Whataburger and In-n-Out one day.

VN Store

Back