I tried double cheeseburgers from 10 fast-food chains and the tastiest was also the best deal

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I don’t think we have In and Out in Florida.
I remember when they didn't have any east of Vegas, but now they're as far east as Texas. As I understand it, their slow/limited expansion has to do with quality assurance. They don't want to freeze their meat, so that creates supply chain constraints.

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions

Vol423

I remember when they didn't have any east of Vegas, but now they're as far east as Texas. As I understand it, their slow/limited expansion has to do with quality assurance. They don't want to freeze their meat, so that creates supply chain constraints.
If you’re referring to In-N-Out Burger, even the expansion to Vegas/Phoenix only occured about 15 years ago. The original readon for their lack of expansion was supposedly that they would only expand into a new area when a family member was willing to move there to run the new location. Back then, there weren’t even many locations in Northern California. It was mostly a Southern California chain. When the parents passed the business down to the next generation, they said, “Screw that! Let’s cash in!” That’s when expansion eastward began with Vegas/Phoenix.

Vol423

Vol423

Emmy Squared Pizza in the Gulch, Nashville. Le Big Matt. Quite possibly the best burger I have ever had. Hands down.
View attachment 449372
I’m assuming that’s not a fast food burger. If you’re opening it up to more traditional sit down, but still casual restaurants, Hoppdoddy Burger Bar is a chain (It started in Texas, but it’s AZ, CA, CO and apparently Nashville and Memphis too) that makes fantastic burgers and a great selection of high quality micro brews on tap. It’s not cheap (and prices have increased due to Biden’s record inflation too), but the quality is really good. I think their micro brews skew toward local selections (at least it does in AZ).

Last edited:

VN Store