I think I have a piece of wood in my eye, how do I get it out?

I had a corneal ulcer about 16 years ago. Not something to play around with. Doctor said that if you let it go more than a couple of days, it can cause permanent damage. As another poster said, it took antibiotic drops and then a steroid to fix it.

I think mine may have been from being lazy with changing out my contact solution.

Reactions: VolNExile
Have you tried putting a magnet real close to you eye? That should pull it right out of there you can find a magnet that attracts wood.

Better after I took a shower and let it douche my eye for a few minutes. I have an appointment at an ophthalmologist in a couple of weeks because it is still blurry and gets bright red if I get anything kind of soap in it.
Glad you are better. Getting foreign objects in the eye isn't any fun.

Reactions: joevol33
Better after I took a shower and let it douche my eye for a few minutes. I have an appointment at an ophthalmologist in a couple of weeks because it is still blurry and gets bright red if I get anything kind of soap in it.
You might want to get it checked ASAP if that's the case. Most primary care providers have the dye and a Wood's light, which is used to detect a corneal abrasion or ulcer. Antibiotic ointment and a patch may be needed.

Has anybody had a really bad stye in their eye? I’ve had one for going on a week now and I don’t think it has gotten any better. I went to a walk in clinic Sunday and was prescribed some ointment but it’s not helping. I’m thinking about seeing someone else. Should I see an optometrist?

Has anybody had a really bad stye in their eye? I’ve had one for going on a week now and I don’t think it has gotten any better. I went to a walk in clinic Sunday and was prescribed some ointment but it’s not helping. I’m thinking about seeing someone else. Should I see an optometrist?
Abx ointments don't help. Warm compresses, gentle washing with baby shampoo, and an ophthalmologist if it doesn't improve.

You got a pic of that stye? I've had some doozies but yours sounds pretty bad.

Stick some wood in your eye and follow all the advice given so far. But if not kiddiedoc's advice is on point.

Not unless you need new glasses.

I had a sliver of steel stuck in my eye. Blinking my eye irritated it. I was gonna tough it out until it worked itself out of my eye. After a few days, I got to where sunlight bothered my eye. Off to the eye doctor to have it removed. It was a short simple procedure and they gave me some drops for my eye. It didn't take it long to get better.

Back in my UT days, my girlfriend (now wife) rolled over in her sleep one night and poked me in the eye, got her fingernail right between my eyelids and stabbed my eyeball. I sat up going "owwww, ya poked my eye!" and she never even woke up. I just grumbled a bit and went back to sleep.

She left for an early class before I got up the next morning but when I woke up I couldn't hardly keep my eye open. I looked in the mirror and it looked like my cornea was all swollen. That afternoon I met up with her between classes and she was like "oh my god, what happened to your eye??" It doesn't speak well of me that I really enjoyed telling her that she happened to my eye, but it was pretty funny.

Anyway, after my last class I went to the little student clinic place and the doc did the dye and light thing and said it was a scratched cornea. I think he just gave me some drops. Don't really remember, it's been about thirty years. I know that's not very helpful but pointless posts are kinda my thing.

VN Store

Back