I think I have a piece of wood in my eye, how do I get it out?

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
I've splashed water in my eye, I've pulled my upper eyelid over my lower and I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions other that going to a doc?

Irrigate the heck out of it. If it doesn't come out and you can't see it, don't go mucking around blindly. Also, a corneal abrasion often feels like you still have a foreign body in your eye, but is just a scratch.
Agree, been there.

Reactions: VolNExile
Irrigate the heck out of it. If it doesn't come out and you can't see it, don't go mucking around blindly. Also, a corneal abrasion often feels like you still have a foreign body in your eye, but is just a scratch.

^ What the doc said, particularly the part in bold. I ended up with a corneal abrasion from (you guessed it) a speck of wood. That little morsel of termite food felt like a large, rough stone rolling around the periphery of my eye. 2 days in, I ended up going to urgent care to have them fish the thing out of my eye; they put some drops in to numb it beforehand, extracted the foreign object, and prescribed 7 days' worth of antibiotic eye drops.

Get a piece of gorilla glue tape and stick to your eye. Then pull. Next go to the hospital and hopefully they can save your eye.

On a serious note the Doc is correct. Major irrigation and hope it's out. Eye patch and go to bed. The eye heals itself super quick.

Scratched my cornea really badly coming down a tree in a tree stand. Eye doc said he couldnt give me numbing drops because it might not heal properly. One of the most painful things I've ever went through. Amazing how much it healed over night though.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
Use a Q-tip, those things are pretty clingy. May have to spin it but should work. I’ll need your address though, invoice will be mailed

Last edited:

VN Store

Back