I think I actually do want SC to beat Clemson this weekend

Hear me out here…

The disaster of last weekend will live in our minds forever, akin to losing to Wyoming or Georgia State… BUT… South Carolina has a legitimate chance to finish 9-4 this year, and finish well into the Top 25.

By South Carolina standards, that’s not just a good season, that’s an “upper tier of their program’s history” season. Fun fact: South Carolina has won 8 or more games 14 times in their entire program’s history. By comparison, we’ve accomplished that 58 times in our program’s history.

I guess my point is, when we look back on this game, it will be a much easier pill to swallow if at the end of the day it was a team that ranks as one the 15 best South Carolina teams of all time, who got really hot at the end of the year and beat two Top 10 teams, rather than the absolute trash football team we perceive them as right now at this very moment.

Just my $.02
I don’t want recruits getting the idea that Beamer has things trending up. Already have several players we’ve been competing with SC for. I’d say we see the real SC and they get curb stomped.

I'm done with college football this year. Maybe the bowl games. I will check the Vandy score on the internet hoping we can pull it out. There's real doubt though.

Yeah, I completely understand. It’s been years since I’ve been so invested in TN football. It was a blast going to the games, though I was exhausted on Sundays since I drove to and from Nashville on game day.

TN made huge progress with wins over ranked: FL (May not have been ranked), Bama, LSU, KY and @ Pitt. It was so much fun talking TN football and the playoff opportunity, even with the one loss vs UGA.

But to give it all away against a mess talented USCjr team who didn’t have their starting RBS? It reminded me of 1992 as all we had to do was win and we would’ve been in the SEC title game.

I just hope the players removed the tension and ready to play. We will know by the 8 min mark of second qtr Vs Vandy. If Vandy is within 10, then Vandy will make it a game with a chance to win. They will go for it on most fourth down plays, too, as they will follow FL and USCjr strategies.

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the games today with friends and family, and safe travels. Go Vols and thank you for allowing me to take part in TN conversations, even if we disagree.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: BreatheUT
Hear me out here…

The disaster of last weekend will live in our minds forever, akin to losing to Wyoming or Georgia State… BUT… South Carolina has a legitimate chance to finish 9-4 this year, and finish well into the Top 25.

By South Carolina standards, that’s not just a good season, that’s an “upper tier of their program’s history” season. Fun fact: South Carolina has won 8 or more games 14 times in their entire program’s history. By comparison, we’ve accomplished that 58 times in our program’s history.

I guess my point is, when we look back on this game, it will be a much easier pill to swallow if at the end of the day it was a team that ranks as one the 15 best South Carolina teams of all time, who got really hot at the end of the year and beat two Top 10 teams, rather than the absolute trash football team we perceive them as right now at this very moment.

Just my $.02
The game this past Saturday is certainly one of our most disgusting losses in modern times,even if SC wins out. Ideally we'll soon pay them back in kind.
I'll pull for SC against Clemson for sure though. An SC win will help our recruiting against Clemson and I always like to see Dabo lose.

Hypocrisy at its finest. Everyone on this forum was going into SC to "hang 60" on them and boat race them for "style points". You went in there with the intention of running up the score as much as possible to impress the committee just like the Missouri game. What happened was the best example of Karma this entire football season. As some SC fans have said "Tennessee is having humble pie for Thanksgiving".
We don't leave our starters in when we're up big late in a game. Can you grasp that difference?

Reactions: semovol and 24/7vol
Never! I want Clemson to soundly beat South Carolina to show that last week was a fluke for SC.

Any loss for a SEC Easy team is good for us and our recruiting.

The history doesn't matter.

Reactions: Megatron88
Hypocrisy at its finest. Everyone on this forum was going into SC to "hang 60" on them and boat race them for "style points". You went in there with the intention of running up the score as much as possible to impress the committee just like the Missouri game. What happened was the best example of Karma this entire football season. As some SC fans have said "Tennessee is having humble pie for Thanksgiving".

UT had there 2s in last 2 scores on Mizzou u need to watch the games

Reactions: semovol and 24/7vol
It happens. I'm sure SC have had plenty humble pie too. I don't talk crap much anymore to other fans, but when I have or when I do I'm always prepared to get what's coming to me. Good or bad. It ain't like any of this is important.

Reactions: GordonC
Nov 4th SEC Championship run was lost in GA

Nov 19th National Championship run was lost in SC

Nov 26th Turning Point is on the line in Nashville;
we can get back on track on a great year and building, or we can lose 3 of the last 4 and have just another typical Tennessee year

I hope Clemson boat races them will Beamer celebrates only losing by 5 touchdowns

Our season ended last Saturday.
Doesn’t really matter what this team or that team does going forward.
OK......with this logic, our season has been over before it started for the past 10-15 years...all in the scope of how/when L's happen. I prefer not to get throttled by anyone. But, if you gave me a choice of taking a bad loss early, say to UF, then we'd have never been ranked #1, and maybe not carried that momentum into Bama or LSU games, or take the SC bad loss, I'll take it when we got it. The PR we've gotten from our run and the energy for program building is massive. If we lost to UF early/bad, and beat SC, and rest of record the same, we'd probably feel alot like LSU improvements, but without ability to play in SEC CG, but not gotten the PR.

This is what you ask for being in upper tier. Most always, like w/ UGA, you don't break thru until you've failed a few times. I think we're on the right track. And, if we finish 10-2 regular season, and a top level NY6 bowl game, I think it would be hard to argue that our season ended last weekend

Reactions: semovol
Hear me out here…

Just my $.02
I tend to never pull for other SEC teams to have great success, especially teams we may be directly competing against for recruits. And, in this case, I'm pulling hard for Clemson to finish ahead of Alabama to ensure the Gumps don't sneak into the playoff.

Our season ended last Saturday.
Doesn’t really matter what this team or that team does going forward.
I agree that it no longer really matters what other teams do. But our season is not over, and how we play in our last two games is immensely important to the future of the program.

Reactions: semovol
Gotta pull for SC to beat a team ahead of us. Will make our loss seem better too. We need a lot of other upsets as well. Even if we don’t make the playoffs if joe Milton scores 60 -27 on Vanderbilt and we win a bowl game we may end the year in the top 3-5.

Reactions: wesley21

VN Store

Back