I think I actually do want SC to beat Clemson this weekend

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Hear me out here…

The disaster of last weekend will live in our minds forever, akin to losing to Wyoming or Georgia State… BUT… South Carolina has a legitimate chance to finish 9-4 this year, and finish well into the Top 25.

By South Carolina standards, that’s not just a good season, that’s an “upper tier of their program’s history” season. Fun fact: South Carolina has won 8 or more games 14 times in their entire program’s history. By comparison, we’ve accomplished that 58 times in our program’s history.

I guess my point is, when we look back on this game, it will be a much easier pill to swallow if at the end of the day it was a team that ranks as one the 15 best South Carolina teams of all time, who got really hot at the end of the year and beat two Top 10 teams, rather than the absolute trash football team we perceive them as right now at this very moment.

Just my $.02

Hear me out here…

I guess my point is, when we look back on this game, it will be a much easier pill to swallow if at the end of the day it was a team that ranks as one the 15 best South Carolina teams of all time, who got really hot at the end of the year and beat two Top 10 teams, rather than the absolute trash football team we perceive them as right now at this very moment.

I get where you are going with that and I understand it but my answer to the above is "Nah, not really. That loss will forever just suck as a game we had no business losing"

Our season ended last Saturday.
Doesn’t really matter what this team or that team does going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
With all due respect I want south carolina to sink back down where they belong this weekend. I don't want them gaining confidence going into next season.

We’re going to better than them, and beat them on a yearly basis, for the rest of all of our lives. Confidence with them doesn’t matter. But for this year, we can potentially have confidence in knowing our loss wasn’t as bad as it initially seemed, although still a really bad loss.

Very far from true. The Vandy game is big for bowl selection and the perception of this program through signing day and into the 2023 season. We had a lot of momentum entering the SC game and are at risk of losing almost all of it, which would be a shame considering all that this team has accomplished. They’ve earned the right to end on a high note and I’m pulling hard for them to do so.

We’re going to better than them, and beat them on a yearly basis, for the rest of all of our lives. Confidence with them doesn’t matter. But for this year, we can potentially have confidence in knowing our loss wasn’t as bad as it initially seemed, although still a really bad loss.
I just wanna forget about it. Beat vandy get to 10-2 regroup and get ready for bowl. Can't wait to get them back in Neyland next year!

Clemson needs to return to the cellar. Their rise coincided with our fall. How many of their recent super stars said they grew up TN fans but didn’t want to come play at the dumpster fire coaching carousel here.

I’m indifferent to SCAR beating them but they need to go back to 7-5 seasons.

Hear me out here…

The disaster of last weekend will live in our minds forever, akin to losing to Wyoming or Georgia State… BUT… South Carolina has a legitimate chance to finish 9-4 this year, and finish well into the Top 25.

By South Carolina standards, that’s not just a good season, that’s an “upper tier of their program’s history” season. Fun fact: South Carolina has won 8 or more games 14 times in their entire program’s history. By comparison, we’ve accomplished that 58 times in our program’s history.

Just my $.02
You are spot on. The others in this thread are being emotional.

If Florida beats FSU and SC beats Clemson, we are back at equal footing with LSU (who will likely pick up their third loss against UGA). Clemson falls behind us in the playoff rankings. LSU possibly falls behind us and we rightfully get the better bowl game.

SC badly beat us and ruined our magic season... But them winning this weekend is very good for us.

With Clemson gone, a Vol rematch with Bama or LSU in The Orange Bowl...Things that make you go HMMMMM?

You are spot on. The others in this thread are being emotional.

If Florida beats FSU and SC beats Clemson, we are back at equal footing with LSU (who will likely pick up their third loss against UGA). Clemson falls behind us in the playoff rankings. LSU possibly falls behind us and we rightfully get the better bowl game.

SC badly beat us and ruined our magic season... But them winning this weekend is very good for us.
Good lord.

We were better than them this year and we didn't beat them.

We were favored by 21 and lost by 25.

Time nor them losing or winning against anyone else won't make our performance against South Carolina "less bad."

We actually lost a chance at the CFP and that won't change if they win out or lose out.

Last edited:
I'm done with college football this year. Maybe the bowl games. I will check the Vandy score on the internet hoping we can pull it out. There's real doubt though.

The only real good that comes from this season is hopefully, the newest espn/SEC darling learns some real hate for georgia

I bet you're a fun guy to be around at a party.

Attachments

• folksitellvou-that-chicken-little-was-right-when-he-said-the-15633460.png
    folksitellvou-that-chicken-little-was-right-when-he-said-the-15633460.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 3
Hear me out here…

Just my $.02
are you really somehow praising south carolina by comparing 8 win seasons? south carolina sucks and the vols got worked, try to soothe it way but the a huge opportunity was lost.

VN Store

Back