I suspect UK is walking into a hornet's nest Saturday

Yes, I know they are solid on D. But I'm sure certain folks have been seething all week and will be looking for some serious redemption.

You must not have been reading the board since Sat....smart move!

In case you missed it, UT is now: Small, Slow, Weak, and Undisciplined. What a difference a week makes.

Lol you lost me at "they are solid on D"...

We are a very undisciplined defense. MSU just had an awful game plan and a terrible performance by their QB.
How do you think yall will do Saturday?

Im not talking S*it or anything just curious.

Didn't watch the game, I saw where UK had something like 6 forced TOs on D, but only 24 points. Is your O not good, was MSST playing good D, or any insights you have about UKs team? Im bored at work waiting for the next 2 days to be over so we can watch football Saturday

1. Our offense was bad against USCjr, so bad that we had 1 third down conversion. OLine played bad and QB struggled. Defense was inconsistent but showed glimpses. We won on a lucky break on the punt.
  2. Against Mizzou, we just out manned a team that has a bad-bad defense. Our defense played well.
  3. Against GA, our offense played horrible. Offensive line finally met a good defensive line and it showed how far behind we are. QB showed what he has been showing is for 4 years; inconsistency and poor decision making. I thought defense played well in first half esp with that statement stop on two downs to stop GA. However, 3 turnovers in a row flattened their morale. College kids will get frustrated when you play hard to get 3 and outs but other side keeps giving opposing team ball in red zones. I do not blame defense for deflating, even coaches looked deflated when they did not even try to win in 4th quarter by keeping JG and just killing time.
So yes, we are good on D. Against KY, JG and Oline will look better again against inferior team. Folks here will forget GA game and talk non-sense like 'TVA' , 'Best Oline' etc only to be humbled by Alabama next week.

We are a very undisciplined defense. MSU just had an awful game plan and a terrible performance by their QB.
That was my first time watching their QB. He threw a lot of floaters. How on earth did he torch LSU? Not a good arm on that guy...

You must not have been reading the board since Sat....smart move!

In case you missed it, UT is now: Small, Slow, Weak, and Undisciplined. What a difference a week makes.

Gotcha. All that criticism is in warranted. We have a Heisman Level QB with a well-developed and ready bench behind him, a well coached and prepared OL, and a powerful 3rd down back we can use to wear down defenses.

Get shifty on defense? No problem. Our 9th year Senior QB ALWAYS knows the important stuff......like who the MLB is on any particular play.

Man! It’s great times in Knoxville!!

iu

Gotcha. All that criticism is in warranted. We have a Heisman Level QB with a well-developed and ready bench behind him, a well coached and prepared OL, and a powerful 3rd down back we can use to wear down defenses.

Get shifty on defense? No problem. Our 9th year Senior QB ALWAYS knows the important stuff......like who the MLB is on any particular play.

Man! It’s great times in Knoxville!!

I get it...It seems that all we do is wash, rinse, repeat.

Reactions: VolInNW
  1. Our offense was bad against USCjr, so bad that we had 1 third down conversion. OLine played bad and QB struggled. Defense was inconsistent but showed glimpses. We won on a lucky break on the punt.
  2. Against Mizzou, we just out manned a team that has a bad-bad defense. Our defense played well.
  3. Against GA, our offense played horrible. Offensive line finally met a good defensive line and it showed how far behind we are. QB showed what he has been showing is for 4 years; inconsistency and poor decision making. I thought defense played well in first half esp with that statement stop on two downs to stop GA. However, 3 turnovers in a row flattened their morale. College kids will get frustrated when you play hard to get 3 and outs but other side keeps giving opposing team ball in red zones. I do not blame defense for deflating, even coaches looked deflated when they did not even try to win in 4th quarter by keeping JG and just killing time.
So yes, we are good on D. Against KY, JG and Oline will look better again against inferior team. Folks here will forget GA game and talk non-sense like 'TVA' , 'Best Oline' etc only to be humbled by Alabama next week.
Alabamas Defense at this moment isn't going to "WOW" anyone. Actually, statistically, the Bama Defense is 9th in the SEC in Total Defense. Obviously, the stats so far includes that game Saturday with Ole Miss and time will tell if that was a one time deal or not. Even if you take that game out, they're still giving up 384.5 yards/G which is only .2 yds/game better than UTs D has in 3 games. They definitely aren't the Alabama Defense that we've gotten used to seeing. Not saying they're slouches, but UT has already faced the toughest D they will face all year, by far. If you go by Total D, after this weekend, we will have played 3 of the top 4 defenses in the SEC at this moment.

Not saying they're slouches, but UT has already faced the toughest D they will face all year, by far. If you go by Total D, after this weekend, we will have played 3 of the top 4 defenses in the SEC at this moment.

I agree. A lot of people gave up on the season after UGA, but i'm interested to see what happens as the season goes on. I think UGAs defense is just that good. Bama and FL look porous.

Alabamas Defense at this moment isn't going to "WOW" anyone. Actually, statistically, the Bama Defense is 9th in the SEC in Total Defense. Obviously, the stats so far includes that game Saturday with Ole Miss and time will tell if that was a one time deal or not. Even if you take that game out, they're still giving up 384.5 yards/G which is only .2 yds/game better than UTs D has in 3 games. They definitely aren't the Alabama Defense that we've gotten used to seeing. Not saying they're slouches, but UT has already faced the toughest D they will face all year, by far. If you go by Total D, after this weekend, we will have played 3 of the top 4 defenses in the SEC at this moment.

I agree it is not the same 'vaunted' Alabama defense but they will stunt and pressure enough to confuse JG into forcing mistakes. They have good rushers on the end and they can bring pressure from the middle. Alabama pressured Matt Corrall fairly well, but Matt used his feet and accurate arm to make them pay every time they tried that. On contrary, Georgia was cautious in the first half to not go all out crazy with blitzes and pressure. However, during the half they probably saw how ineffective JG was against pressure so they went all crazy on us. I still think we will handle KY very well this week (2 scores atleast) and then will struggle a lot against Bama a week after, a lot of which will be due to QB play. IMO.

I am very skeptical that the game with Bama will even be played. Covid-19 taking over. Two games cancelled this week and probably 3 more the next week.

How do you think yall will do Saturday?

Im not talking S*it or anything just curious.

Didn't watch the game, I saw where UK had something like 6 forced TOs on D, but only 24 points. Is your O not good, was MSST playing good D, or any insights you have about UKs team? Im bored at work waiting for the next 2 days to be over so we can watch football Saturday

Miss St is very one dimensional and quite honestly I think their QB was bad. We had two interceptions where we made great plays. The rest of the turnovers were just terrible throws or decisions. We got lucky that they failed so many times in the red zone.

Our offense is alright. We aren't explosive downfield with Terry Wilson as QB. He looks bad this year to me. I want to see the Auburn transfer Gatewood. We are the kind of team that should be rushing for 200 yards every game with our oline. For some reason our coordinator falls in love with throwing wr screens and running the wildcat in important moments.

I think we have to hold the ball and pound the rock. Ideally we score 3 or 4 times and limit UTs chances. If we play a sloppy game and turn it over we lose bad. Our defense is capable but has to play disciplined. Can't let JG torch us. But for whatever reason JG has some of his best games against us. I don't understand it. Same with Dobbs. UT qbs elevate their play vs the blue.

Genuinely feel we should keep it close. But expect us to lose something like 24-20. It should be very competitive.

First three are relative to the opponent, but that last one...

At least according to our couch coaches and basement assistants.

You mean other fans of the same team as you, who comment on the same discussion board as you?

Tennessee is about to make an all American QB out of some KY QB*. The only question is which one will it be.

*WR, probably

If I were Kentucky I'd have two objectives for my defense. Bring extra guys into the box to stop the run and bring pressure on the qb. Make JG read the defense and beat us passing.

DANGIT YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW

Miss St is very one dimensional and quite honestly I think their QB was bad. We had two interceptions where we made great plays. The rest of the turnovers were just terrible throws or decisions. We got lucky that they failed so many times in the red zone.

Our offense is alright. We aren't explosive downfield with Terry Wilson as QB. He looks bad this year to me. I want to see the Auburn transfer Gatewood. We are the kind of team that should be rushing for 200 yards every game with our oline. For some reason our coordinator falls in love with throwing wr screens and running the wildcat in important moments.

I think we have to hold the ball and pound the rock. Ideally we score 3 or 4 times and limit UTs chances. If we play a sloppy game and turn it over we lose bad. Our defense is capable but has to play disciplined. Can't let JG torch us. But for whatever reason JG has some of his best games against us. I don't understand it. Same with Dobbs. UT qbs elevate their play vs the blue.

Genuinely feel we should keep it close. But expect us to lose something like 24-20. It should be very competitive.
We still cousins after Tennessee wins, right?😂

VN Store

Back