I suspect UK is walking into a hornet's nest Saturday

Gotcha. All that criticism is in warranted. We have a Heisman Level QB with a well-developed and ready bench behind him, a well coached and prepared OL, and a powerful 3rd down back we can use to wear down defenses.

Get shifty on defense? No problem. Our 9th year Senior QB ALWAYS knows the important stuff......like who the MLB is on any particular play.

Man! It’s great times in Knoxville!!
was this supposed to be BLUE or ORANGE font ? LOL

Gosh I've been waiting on a Kentucky thread.

I think we should win. Their secondary isn't great, despite the 6 interceptions they got last week. That was just an implosion by MSU. They've given up yards all year long. We'll have to stay balanced though. D-Line is pretty good, but our O-Line should (in theory), be able to have some success against them, assuming they play better than they did against Georgia. Rushing defense is certainly the strength of that defense.

When we're on defense, we just have to watch out for Terry Wilson running the ball. He can't really throw, but he's probably they're best runner. Pruitt has had success against more one dimensional offenses like Kentucky from 2018 and 2019, Auburn 2018, etc. I firmly expect us to stack the box and make them throw, as they don't really have that much talent at the receiver position, nor a QB that can get it to them. If we hold then to less than 200 yards rushing, we won by 14 points or more.

Last edited:
Miss St is very one dimensional and quite honestly I think their QB was bad. We had two interceptions where we made great plays. The rest of the turnovers were just terrible throws or decisions. We got lucky that they failed so many times in the red zone.

Our offense is alright. We aren't explosive downfield with Terry Wilson as QB. He looks bad this year to me. I want to see the Auburn transfer Gatewood. We are the kind of team that should be rushing for 200 yards every game with our oline. For some reason our coordinator falls in love with throwing wr screens and running the wildcat in important moments.

I think we have to hold the ball and pound the rock. Ideally we score 3 or 4 times and limit UTs chances. If we play a sloppy game and turn it over we lose bad. Our defense is capable but has to play disciplined. Can't let JG torch us. But for whatever reason JG has some of his best games against us. I don't understand it. Same with Dobbs. UT qbs elevate their play vs the blue.

Genuinely feel we should keep it close. But expect us to lose something like 24-20. It should be very competitive.

Terry Wilson is JG, if JG were actually a DT QB. They both suffer similar issues in the passing game, Terry's got some actual speed, and a half-decent sense of "when" to take off running.

The problem is that our secondary is bad at coverage, and while Wilson's passing game is mediocre at best, he'll still find some success if we leave your receivers as open as we have been so far this season, and I fully expect him to burn us once with his legs.

Last edited:
You must not have been reading the board since Sat....smart move!

In case you missed it, UT is now: Small, Slow, Weak, and Undisciplined. What a difference a week makes.
Nah, Tennessee just needs a competent quarterback and they will be able to play with anyone in the league.

Miss St is very one dimensional and quite honestly I think their QB was bad. We had two interceptions where we made great plays. The rest of the turnovers were just terrible throws or decisions. We got lucky that they failed so many times in the red zone.

Our offense is alright. We aren't explosive downfield with Terry Wilson as QB. He looks bad this year to me. I want to see the Auburn transfer Gatewood. We are the kind of team that should be rushing for 200 yards every game with our oline. For some reason our coordinator falls in love with throwing wr screens and running the wildcat in important moments.

I think we have to hold the ball and pound the rock. Ideally we score 3 or 4 times and limit UTs chances. If we play a sloppy game and turn it over we lose bad. Our defense is capable but has to play disciplined. Can't let JG torch us. But for whatever reason JG has some of his best games against us. I don't understand it. Same with Dobbs. UT qbs elevate their play vs the blue.

Genuinely feel we should keep it close. But expect us to lose something like 24-20. It should be very competitive.

Well, you have the correct Tennessee score. Aside form a couple of aberrations caused by defensive points, under Tennessee law we are limited to 24 points offensively if JG starts.

Basilio had a great point this morning. It would be COMPLETELY Tennessee if Joey Gatewood comes in to play and we create another Heisman candidate from a backup QB, as is our history. The 'Tennessee' part is that Gatewood was cleared under the same deal as Cade Mays.

If you are a Tennessee fan and don't have an ironic sense of humor, life will suck during the fall.

Yes, I know they are solid on D. But I'm sure certain folks have been seething all week and will be looking for some serious redemption.

The loss to Georgia will (hopefully) prevent this from being a “sandwich” game with Bama on the horizon. Hope Vols come out with hair on fire and EVERYONE does their job Saturday.

"Lol you lost me at "they are solid on D"...

Well they did hold Ole MS to less points than Alabama did

No way man! We smashed them in the face with -1 rushing yards. We totally stopped their line by allowing only 5 sacks and we clearly had an iron grip on the football with only 3 fumbles. We blew them away with sheer speed and precision passing at 215 yards too! We would have been even better, but we were the only team to have to deal with COVID. If Georgia had to deal with COVID, we would have skunked them and put up 60+ points on those dawgs just like Bama over Ole Miss. Whoever had any concern from the last game must be from outer space.
tenor.gif

Gotcha. All that criticism is in warranted. We have a Heisman Level QB with a well-developed and ready bench behind him, a well coached and prepared OL, and a powerful 3rd down back we can use to wear down defenses.

Get shifty on defense? No problem. Our 9th year Senior QB ALWAYS knows the important stuff......like who the MLB is on any particular play.

Man! It’s great times in Knoxville!!

Where in NW are you? I'm just outside PDX. Can't DM for some reason....

Thanks for your input. Oviously as a Vols fan, I hope we win with little stress lol. I don't think I can take a repeat of 2019....And im only 29:D

Gosh I've been waiting on a Kentucky thread.

I think we should win. Their secondary isn't great, despite the 6 interceptions they got last week. That was just an implosion by MSU. They've given up yards all year long. We'll have to stay balanced though. D-Line is pretty good, but our O-Line should (in theory), be able to have some success against them, assuming they play better than they did against Georgia. Rushing defense is certainly the strength of that defense.

When we're on defense, we just have to watch out for Terry Wilson running the ball. He can't really throw, but he's probably they're best runner. Pruitt has had success against more one dimensional offenses like Kentucky from 2018 and 2019, Auburn 2018, etc. I firmly expect us to stack the box and make them throw, as they don't really have that much talent at the receiver position, nor a QB that can get it to them. If we hold then to less than 200 yards rushing, we won by 14 points or more.

If you haven't visited this thread, It has some good content.

What Other Message Boards are Saying- UK

Reactions: rdk4121
You must not have been reading the board since Sat....smart move!

In case you missed it, UT is now: Small, Slow, Weak, and Undisciplined. What a difference a week makes.
Well to be fair... they were in the second half against ga. the talent gap is still pretty wide it seems. But we are better than ky on paper and should handle them easily. My only complaint has been jg and I haven't liked him since his first season.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
  1. Our offense was bad against USCjr, so bad that we had 1 third down conversion. OLine played bad and QB struggled. Defense was inconsistent but showed glimpses. We won on a lucky break on the punt.
  2. Against Mizzou, we just out manned a team that has a bad-bad defense. Our defense played well.
  3. Against GA, our offense played horrible. Offensive line finally met a good defensive line and it showed how far behind we are. QB showed what he has been showing is for 4 years; inconsistency and poor decision making. I thought defense played well in first half esp with that statement stop on two downs to stop GA. However, 3 turnovers in a row flattened their morale. College kids will get frustrated when you play hard to get 3 and outs but other side keeps giving opposing team ball in red zones. I do not blame defense for deflating, even coaches looked deflated when they did not even try to win in 4th quarter by keeping JG and just killing time.
So yes, we are good on D. Against KY, JG and Oline will look better again against inferior team. Folks here will forget GA game and talk non-sense like 'TVA' , 'Best Oline' etc only to be humbled by Alabama next week.
I’m really not sure how good Bamas defense is. Don’t think it’s nearly as good as Georgia’s. Still think we lose but imo it’ll be closer than it was against Georgia.

Reactions: volmandu

HAHA! We’re gonna stomp a mud hole in y’all and walk it dry! You been in a coma the last 35 years? How many games in Neyland have actually been competitive?

Reactions: preacherwebb
You, and your hopefully soon to be found therapist, should explore your bitterness and your inability (as a grown man, I presume) to let go of a loss of a game by a team you strongly identify with. Say it with me...'I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me'. Signed, Sigmund Fraud.

I agree it is not the same 'vaunted' Alabama defense but they will stunt and pressure enough to confuse JG into forcing mistakes. They have good rushers on the end and they can bring pressure from the middle. Alabama pressured Matt Corrall fairly well, but Matt used his feet and accurate arm to make them pay every time they tried that. On contrary, Georgia was cautious in the first half to not go all out crazy with blitzes and pressure. However, during the half they probably saw how ineffective JG was against pressure so they went all crazy on us. I still think we will handle KY very well this week (2 scores atleast) and then will struggle a lot against Bama a week after, a lot of which will be due to QB play. IMO.
And if ole piss had half a defense bummer would have lost.

VN Store

Back