I need help with a painting

Alexander Dumas?

I have a couple of old Titans prints in a similar style.

If it is the same guy, he used to sell them in Cool Springs mall in Franklin. Always, had a kiosk set up for a couple of months prior to Christmas.

Pseudonym? Same name as "Count of Monte' Cristo" author.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like Alexander Dumas' prints have gone for about $20-50 + shipping in the past on ebay. Saw one posting on etsy.com for a whopping $150, which seems overpriced. I'd guess theres a number on the print - on the back or underneath the orange border. Your best bet is probably trying to sell it locally, like off craigslist. Good luck.

mail it to me and I will attempt to gather as much information as possible and I shall send it back to you with the facts that I gather... eventually :)

And there were 2 ties in that 11years it was a winless streak not a loss streak.

Not correct. From 1971 to 1981 we lost all eleven games. We ended the streak in Knoxville in 1982. The painting is of the 1983 win in Birmingham, the second of four straight wins for us.

Sounds like you are confusing this with the period of 1986 to 1994. We lost every game in this period, too, except the game in 1993 (a 17-17 tie on the field that was later made a win by the NCAA thanks to Gene Jelks).

Not correct. From 1971 to 1981 we lost all eleven games. We ended the streak in Knoxville in 1982. The painting is of the 1983 win in Birmingham, the second of four straight wins for us.

Sounds like you are confusing this with the period of 1986 to 1994. We lost every game in this period, too, except the game in 1993 (a 17-17 tie on the field that was later made a win by the NCAA thanks to Gene Jelks).

Look at those orange pants and white unis! My favorite Vol uni combo!!!

Looks like Alexander Dumas' prints have gone for about $20-50 + shipping in the past on ebay. Saw one posting on etsy.com for a whopping $150, which seems overpriced. I'd guess theres a number on the print - on the back or underneath the orange border. Your best bet is probably trying to sell it locally, like off craigslist. Good luck.
This, or if you have a friend who sells stuff in antique malls or flea markets in TN, try and entice the friend to sell it on consignment for a commission. Doesn't have anything to do with my day job, but I've been in the junk/antique business since I was a teenager because I helped my mom with her hobby business and I enjoyed it. I have bought and sold a lot of UTK stuff over the years and most of it doesn't bring much. There's just too much of it out there. Even the autographed stuff from big name players is tough to unload unless you're talking Manning but I imagine that stuff will start to crater in price once he's been out of the NFL for a few more years. Sports collectibles generally should not be viewed as a financial investment IMO.

I might be interested. How much would you take to find a happy spot for that in a Tennessee man cave?

I know this. You have to have a GF first though

Nope, just order one from Russia.

Maybe use the painting as a trade.....
russian-lesbian-couple-irina-fedotova-and-irina-shapitko-enter-a-picture-id87126578

I'm a member of the American Society of Appraisers and certified in several periods of art but I'm afraid that's not one of them

VN Store

Back