I missed the O&W game, had a good excuse

The two in orange on the left?

I can appreciate you guys that like golf, but Id just as soon do almost anything than to stand around and watch it.

Edit: That is a cool picture!
Yes.. I called my buddy and said, lets just be "that guy" that is decked out in all that gear. I normally don't go whole hog orange. Two good things about it: 1) since no cell phones or cameras allowed, you can lose your party easy. Easy to look for someone in orange 2) Also easy to find on the tv shots ..

I had a great time. Bucket list thing.

Yes.. I called my buddy and said, lets just be "that guy" that is decked out in all that gear. I normally don't go whole hog orange. Two good things about it: 1) since no cell phones or cameras allowed, you can lose your party easy. Easy to look for someone in orange 2) Also easy to find on the tv shots ..

I had a great time. Bucket list thing.

Great stuff...I'm starting to think about that bucket list thing as well. Never tried to get tickets for the Masters. Do you have to have serious connections or just serious deep pockets? Probably both.

how long did you have to camp out on the 6th to get front row? glad tiger got his victory

You most definitely get a pass!

I was fortunate enough to go the par 3 in 2014. It was awesome!

Probably the most spectacular and beautiful man made place on God’s green earth 🌎

Neyland stadium 🏟is a close second of course. 👍

Reactions: MocVol
A couple of takeaways from my first Masters-
  1. Didn't get gouged. A fellow that was on my high school wrestling team had his name picked in 1999 from a waiting list lottery. He gets them every year. 4 days worth of tickets. Years ago, I said if you ever don't want to go, let me know. This year ( and it was really out of the blue it seemed) offered me the Sat/Sun rounds for double what he paid for them. Someone else got the Thurs/Friday rounds. My deep pockets were $187.50 per day for me.
  2. Cell phones and cameras banned during the main rounds. You won't make it through security so don't try. Thoughts.. Wow, people didn't have their head in there screens all day. Pretty dang refreshing. You could actually carry on a conversation, AND.. there is a bank of "land lines" you can call anyone free, if you needed to call. Tough if you get separated from your group though. Like when I was a kid at 6 flags "If we get separated, meet at the waterfountain". Pre cellphone people don't even know that trick. It really dawned on me how wonderful it is to, just for a day, get away from the cell phones.
  3. No real pecking order or class envy in the crowd.. Nobody has skyboxes, or expensive seats.. Makes everyone equal. You bring a chair (no arms) and when you get there in the morning, put your chair at your favorite location (many to choose from). The beauty of it is this - you can just leave it. Walk around all day. If you see an empty chair, you can sit in it, until the other person comes back. During that time, someone may be sitting in your chair. Same with the grandstands.. People coming and going all day there. Sit an hour or so in Amen corner and move on.
  4. Food and concessions amazingly efficient and reasonable price. Two beers and a couple of sandwiches and a moonpie came to about $12. Line moves fast.
  5. Free parking, and good traffic flow in and out.
  6. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff and many people working the venue. Everyone I talked to or asked questions was so dang friendly.
  7. Like the no cell phone thing, the Leader board (and there are many of them) is old school. A guy behind it updating the numbers almost in real time. Kind of nice to NOT have any electronics. I was on the 14th tee box Sunday and could watch the leader board and see how the last group with Tiger in it was making the rounds.
  8. It was like being in a botanical garden with people hitting golf balls around.
So much for all that. It was my first time. Got to say, it exceeded my expectations, and trust me, that rarely happens. The guy I got the tickets from didn't think Tiger would even make the cut. This one ended up being an epic masters due to Tiger, plus the compressed Sunday due to the weather. Now I just need to watch the O&W replay and get my head back around UT football!

I can appreciate you guys that like golf, but Id just as soon do almost anything than to stand around and watch it.

Have you ever attended? I said the same thing until I actually went to a PGA Tour event

I quit playing in August of 2005 on the 9th green at Deadhorse with sweat literally running off the brim of my hat and hitting the ball. It just wasn't worth it anymore. I absolutely love watching it. This Masters was awesome. Would love to go one day!

Reactions: Behr
I loved seeing Tiger win. He’s paid the price publicly and personally for his sins and never gave up on his dream to return to greatness. Glad he showed the haters where they can cram it
Post again so I can like again. My dad spouted off something about not liking him and my reply was "if we don't watch every sports figure that is a crappy person in real life, we won't watch sports." I hope Tiger has his life under control or at least out of the camera's eye.

Reactions: MocVol

By the way, I quit playing golf. Such a frustrating game. I never could time it so that my ball could get past the windmill blade. :(

VN Store

Back