I Lost Her

Prayers of comfort and understanding for you and your family, will definitely donate. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. God bless

Reactions: dduncan4163
I couldn't finish reading. It hit to close to home. I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry. I wish I had money I'd give it to you if I did

Reactions: dduncan4163
You did all you could, Dunc. Man, I was praying and hoping she could beat this. And I know you feel buried in grief. But you know what? When you look back on all you did? You did right by her. You can look yourself in the mirror and know you gave her your all. And in her last moments, she was in your arms where she felt at peace. That won't ease your grief for awhile, but in time? You will find peace because you didn't let her down. You did right by her. God has her now. And he has your back too. Trust in him, and he will make you whole again. Once you get there? You will know a big good part of her will still be with you. And it will comfort you.
So well said

DD, please take all the time you need to get through this, but I hope you’ll come back when you’re ready and continue to post here.

You are a valuable, AND LOVED, member of VN. I know I would miss your posts and your memes, especially Explosion Budgie. Take care of yourself and your family, and God bless.

Duncan, checking back in to hear how the go fund me is doing. You gonna have the expenses covered?
And then some brother. I got more than I ever could have imagined. Thank each and every one of you. from the bottom of my. I'm going to use the left over funds to take Dennis to see the Air Force Academy this summer . That kid was as much of her caretaker as I was and all he's talked about how he's going to make her proud by earning a spot at the academy and becoming a officer.

Here are the last pics him and Laura took. He got to bring his camoes home. This was on the 11th of March.
57129662_10157332801278896_4526146534932217856_n.jpg56786152_10157332763198896_5788420634199457792_n.jpg

Last edited:
He attended in full uniform and even gave a eulogy telling her that he would not fail her. He made here a promise that he would one day graduate from the Air Force Academy with top honors. It was the most painful yet amazing speech I've ever heard. He's the most kind, driven, ambitious, mature 16 year old you'll ever meet. I'm so fortunate to call me my son.

I'm just seeing the news D..... I am truly sorry for your loss.
The grieving process is a strange animal my friend. There's not a set of directions to follow. You just have to try to do the best you can to stay positive and move forward. Eventually, you start noticing that today is a little better than yesterday was and etc......you'll need to be strong for your kids, but you can lean on your friends.... they'll be there for ya.

These were taken this last Valentines day. I had saved up and was able to score her a new tie die hoodie, shirt,glasses and that blanket. LMAO she loved her hippie stuff. I would always joke around and say "Get a Job Moonbat" or 'Keep On Trucking' Ms Nicks.

Last edited:
Being a hippie at heart, I love them.
She was through and through. She would blast Bathtub Gin and annoy the hell out of me. I'd return the favor with Hammer Smashed Face.. I once endured a Rusted Root concert for her and she suffered through a blistering Mastodon set for me.. That's true love lol

Last edited:
Volnation,

I wanted to drop a line in on this thread and let you all know how proud y'all make me to be a member of this forum. The responses, contributions to gofundme, and the support that has been given to to one of our brothers truly has been amazing. It really is a humbling knowing that the few jack legs that are here are far out numbered by amazing people. Great job Volnation. Let's all keep our brother Duncan in our thoughts and prayers to keep lifting him up in such a hard time.

/steven

She was through and through. She would blast Bathtub Gin and annoy the hell out of me. I'd return the favor with Hammer Smashed Face.. I once endured a Rusted Root concert for her and she suffered through a blistering Mastodon set for me.. That's true love lol

Haha. I love Rusted Root.

Love is a good way to experience music you wouldn’t if you had a choice.

DD, I've kept up with your story from afar. It crushed me to read this. We don't know each other, but I am praying for you every night. I pray God gives you strength and comfort during this time. She's not sick anymore. And you two will be together again some day. Reading your posts makes me hope that I can be half the husband you were to Laura to my wife. In a world full of despair, you are a great example of a husband and a father.

VN Store

Back