I loathe uk fans.

It's been a nice rivalry going back to 2013. We are 5-7 against them going back that far, which is pretty damn good considering they've been the much better program since 2013.
i'd almost kill to have a 5-7 record against UF or Bama in football over the last 12 games.

so yeah, that's competitive....agreed.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Guys... I live and work in Kentucky. There are a few awesome Kentucky fans that win or lose we can have a great conversation about the game. But, must are arrogant, over-bearing a-holes. I grew up in Knoxville, but as soon as I moved here (in the Pitino years) I have hated Kentucky sports. I laughed at how quickly they turned on Tubby Smith and the next few years of misery. And then how Calipari went from the biggest cheater to basketball saint-hood over night!!!

I'm so very proud of my team. Yes, we got hammered for many reasons, however we have had an excellent, record breaking season and it will continue to be awesome. We had a very off night but the overrated chant oh my that sent me into a rage. I know it's a sport and all but that was just not cool. I didn't expect class from uk because they have none. I have tickets to the uk game March 2nd and I cannot wait. I'm so looking forward to it because I am very confident we will have our revenge. Go Vols!
Don’t worry our fans will be classless if we win too.

FWIW, he also said we were still the #1 team after the game. Maybe some ulterior motives there, but it also could be because he meant it. I choose the latter.

He seriously likes Barnes. And I believe he 100% knows the value of having a good SEC. Good SEC = more respect to the winner of it. I know Cal likes to have these young teams challenged.

Reactions: mrmax86
I don't know how old you are little cat, but older Kentucky fans can tell you stories of Kentucky fans throwing oranges onto the court in Memorial Gym when they would play Tennessee. Other fan bases would do this, too, especially during the Ray Mears years (Vandy's comes to mind) Yes, modern times have made for other rivals entering the picture, but there was a time when Kentucky's biggest rival in basketball was Tennessee. This rivalry intensified when Ray Mears was the coach at Tennessee (Mears had a .500 winning percentage against Adolf Rupp). The rivalry grew into a white-hot fire after Mears was replaced by Don Devoe. Bruce Pearl helped to rekindle the rivalry, but lately Rick Barnes has shown himself to be more than a match for Calipari as a game coach. I believe that the rivalry is returning to the form of old.

I recall when the first African American player in the SEC came and the TN fans HOOTED at him every time he touched the ball!

I know a bunch of them.

Trust me...they loathe you twice as much as you loathe them.

UK basketball fans much like Alabama football fans get their self worth from the team’s performance. If they win, life is great but if they lose life has lost all hope. It’s sad really. They remind me of 12 year old girls who live and die by the glances of another student

UK basketball fans much like Alabama football fans get their self worth from the team’s performance. If they win, life is great but if they lose life has lost all hope. It’s sad really. They remind me of 12 year old girls who live and die by the glances of another student

Good thing VN isn't the same way.

I hate UF and Georgia fans far more than UK fans. I use to hate Bama fans more but we've sucked so bad we actually get more pity than trash talk

I hate UF and Georgia fans far more than UK fans. I use to hate Bama fans more but we've sucked so bad we actually get more pity than trash talk

Most of the Bama fans I run into are absolutely intolerable.

I've always said that the two worst fan bases in sports are Kentucky basketball and Alabama football fans.

Look, it’s a rivalry. They want to beat the heck out of us and vice versa. A victory is sweet in a rivalry game and a loss is devastating and bitter. But when our rivals are playing the buckeyes or a media darling like Duke way down deep in my heart I secretly pull for them. That’s just me.

Look, it’s a rivalry. They want to beat the heck out of us and vice versa. A victory is sweet in a rivalry game and a loss is devastating and bitter. But when our rivals are playing the buckeyes or a media darling like Duke way down deep in my heart I secretly pull for them. That’s just me.

I somewhat get that mentality but I don’t share it. I almost always root against our rivals in every sport. When two of our rivals are playing, I generally look at who has the most to gain by winning (or who has the most to lose by losing) and root for the other team.

A perfect example example is the 2017 playoff championship game. I rooted for Bama simply because winning would’ve meant so much more to Georgia.

Sounds alot like VN

Living in Kentucky now, I can confirm that they hate us much more than we hate them. Went to a non-sports related retirement party where anti-UT jokes were told for like 15 minutes.

That Kentucky fan who said he'd like to punch Grant Williams in the face would be the only one flopping the moment he tried.

VN Store

Back