I know this will probably get merged but please stop with the Kenny Smith hate.

You might wanna show your roll on UNC. They are actually playing their best ball of the year like we are right now. Dominated their game today. They are not the same team that we beat earlier in the year.

That’s not saying a lot. They’ve been up and down all year. They could very easily lay an egg in the next round and no one would be shocked.

Barkley's position is justified. He is entertaining and knows his basketball.. Smith had a connection . He is neither sharp nor entertaining. SLUG..

Reactions: Ratvol
Tennessee should thump Michigan.
I wouldn’t sweat it to much.
They've got highly rated talent. Couple of guys will be in the NBA. They've got size down low. Of particular concern is Dickinson. If we can get him in foul trouble early and BHH/Plavi give us solid games, I like our chances....assuming we continue playing great defense and shooting it well.

Reactions: CPA
He bizarrely self bragged about getting #1 seeds 35 years ago then acted like Michigan would be a new experience for us. Michigan isn't going to be anything new to this team. It's not going to be a splash of cold water in the face. His statement was stupid. He made us sound like a mid major that just beat a low major to advance and that we are about to face a #1 seed.

Exactly. I thought it was weird that he didn't have anything complimentary to say before he immediately dumped the cold water. How about giving our team a little bit of credit first, before you go bringing us back down to Earth with your little reality check?

I did think his point about the second round mentality of a team coming off an easy first round victory was thought-provoking. It was just weird how he seemed to spring right out of the gate with the negativity.

My Black friend I was watching the games with yesterday pointed out he had an arrogant I’m going with the Black HC feel to his irrational attitude about Tennessee vs Michigan. Listening to him, his tone I guess I could see it in a way.

An 8 seed we dismantled vs a 3 seed that should have easily been a 2 seed. Yeah, that's the same thing.
I pick TN in at least one bracket every year they are in the tournament because it’s my team. Smith went to NC so that’s my point I guess…it’s his team.

I don’t think he was dissing us at all. In fact, he was saying the exact thing I was saying after we won. “Don’t get overconfident. You’re not gonna get those easy looks against Michigan.“ It was almost like he was warning us. Don’t you think Barnes is saying the exact same thing?
But he kept acting like we couldn’t play like that and wouldn’t get open shots like that against good times. But Barkley reminded him we have beaten tough teams. Yes, I know what Smith was saying. The second game level is usually much tougher and we better be ready, but he acted like Michigan was going to be like something we haven’t seen or haven’t been in big games before. We just need to keep our focus and intensity. Bring it on!!!! GBO!

I don’t think he was dissing us at all. In fact, he was saying the exact thing I was saying after we won. “Don’t get overconfident. You’re not gonna get those easy looks against Michigan.“ It was almost like he was warning us. Don’t you think Barnes is saying the exact same thing?
He’s lucky to have a fanboy of your tenacity.

He bizarrely self bragged about getting #1 seeds 35 years ago then acted like Michigan would be a new experience for us. Michigan isn't going to be anything new to this team. It's not going to be a splash of cold water in the face. His statement was stupid. He made us sound like a mid major that just beat a low major to advance and that we are about to face a #1 seed.
Well said.

He was trying to say that after you destroy a team that doesn't match up well in the first round, the second round can be a place to stumble. Hes an NBA analyst cut him some slack.
Why should I cut him slack because he is a NBA analyst? If he doesn’t know what he is talking about he should shut up. He is part of the Michigan coach redemption tour who won’t really speak honestly about him punching another coach. So in order to defend him he acts Michigan is all that and wont give UT any credit.

He was certainly downplaying our success and attributing it to having played Longwood. I was pissed on Longwood's behalf as well. Longwood wasn't a pushover. We weren't getting easy shots to begin with either. We were draining contested shots and working hard to get open.

Michigan is not that good of a defensive team. To act like we won't get as good looks or insinuate that we may be caught off guard when we go up against Michigan is laughable and as I said offensive to Longwood.

I actually think Longwood has a more athletic guard than anyone on Michigan. I expect Chandler and ZZ to blow by UMs guards all day. Michigan has some nice bigs, but even then they aren't the most nimble or athletic. I dont see anything to be concerned about with Michigan
I’m with you

Colo State got easy looks much of the game. But they were ice cold in the 2nd half.

And while Mich. definitely has some players, defensively they are not very good at all. Actually very poor defensively.

Kenny told y'all.

Rick Barnes got an extra 1MM for a tourney win, will still get free food for not going to UCLA, and VolNation will get excited next year.

Kenny was right
Ok, he called a shot. Big deal. Still doesn't mean he's a guessing idiot and you random mouthbreathers think he's anything but an insecure shell about glomming on to his glory days where he was nothing more than an insignificant role player. That even goes to his Rockets days unless you think it had nothing to do with the Olajuwon days.

VN Store

Back