I know this will probably get merged but please stop with the Kenny Smith hate.

I don’t think he was dissing us at all. In fact, he was saying the exact thing I was saying after we won. “Don’t get overconfident. You’re not gonna get those easy looks against Michigan.“ It was almost like he was warning us. Don’t you think Barnes is saying the exact same thing?
You could make him a pie.

He was certainly downplaying our success and attributing it to having played Longwood. I was pissed on Longwood's behalf as well. Longwood wasn't a pushover. We weren't getting easy shots to begin with either. We were draining contested shots and working hard to get open.

Michigan is not that good of a defensive team. To act like we won't get as good looks or insinuate that we may be caught off guard when we go up against Michigan is laughable and as I said offensive to Longwood.

I actually think Longwood has a more athletic guard than anyone on Michigan. I expect Chandler and ZZ to blow by UMs guards all day. Michigan has some nice bigs, but even then they aren't the most nimble or athletic. I dont see anything to be concerned about with Michigan

Kenny's narrative should have been "what can Michigan do to compete with this red hot Tennessee team". Instead he implied Michigan is this athletic juggernaut unlike any team we've played all season. In reality we beat two different teams that crushed Michigan this season.

He was trying to say that after you destroy a team that doesn't match up well in the first round, the second round can be a place to stumble. Hes an NBA analyst cut him some slack.

He bizarrely self bragged about getting #1 seeds 35 years ago then acted like Michigan would be a new experience for us. Michigan isn't going to be anything new to this team. It's not going to be a splash of cold water in the face. His statement was stupid. He made us sound like a mid major that just beat a low major to advance and that we are about to face a #1 seed.

Yeah. And he picked UNC to win it all? The guy is and always has been an idiot and UNC homer.

You might wanna show your roll on UNC. They are actually playing their best ball of the year like we are right now. Dominated their game today. They are not the same team that we beat earlier in the year.

Michigan is an Air Jordan school. Smith supports everything Jordan being a UNC guy. Let it run. Beat Michigan Sat & it’s over.

I don’t think he was dissing us at all. In fact, he was saying the exact thing I was saying after we won. “Don’t get overconfident. You’re not gonna get those easy looks against Michigan.“ It was almost like he was warning us. Don’t you think Barnes is saying the exact same thing?
why do you care? stupid statement, big Duh to Kenny Smith. They will get open looks maybe not as many but crap he does need to get paid as a commentor for the obvious...

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Rex Chapman is much easier to hate. The tournament desk with him on it tonight had the aura of a funeral. Have no idea why someone would pay him.

I went to school with him (I was a bit younger) folks thought his crap didn’t stink……..I guess it’s good for him he was good at BB because he’s got the personality of a piece of wood.

He was trying to say that after you destroy a team that doesn't match up well in the first round, the second round can be a place to stumble. Hes an NBA analyst cut him some slack.

Too bad he tries so hard to tell us something we already know. Michigan isn't Longwood. Duhhhhh! Tennessee has played a very tough schedule against the best in the country. Michigan isn't going to surprise us.

You might wanna show your roll on UNC. They are actually playing their best ball of the year like we are right now. Dominated their game today. They are not the same team that we beat earlier in the year.
They're playing their best ball of the year. They're not close to being the best team in the country. When they play someone with the size and power to stop Bacot- they're done.

PS- You do know that Kenny Smith went to UNC and has always shown bias toward them, right? You have professionals like Herbstreit and others who handle themselves professionally. He can't do it when it comes to UNC.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Did you pick TN to win it all?
No. I didn't do a bracket and am not tying myself to a prediction. There are a few teams who can win it if they hit a hot streak. UT is one of them along with Auburn, KU, Duke, and a few others. I don't think UNC is. Their back court is not great and their only real inside presence is Bacot. To be transparent, I do hate them. But that's not why I don't think they have the guns to win it all.

Reactions: VAVol85
With all respect yes, don’t over look anyone in the Tournament and nothing will be easy, but give credit where credit is due. Those boys , our boys, worked hard to get where they are at and nothing should be taken away from that. Be positive keep rolling. What if we did watch our boys whip Michigan the same way Saturday? What will they say then?

Reactions: 10takum

VN Store

Back