I had no idea Clemson was this terrible...

GOVOLS !!! Defense was stellar tonight. If Milton throws for 250 or more every game next year we will put up 10-11 wins again . Future looking so bright I need to wear some😎

Reactions: Volinnooga
They were pretty one dimensional after you took away Shipley. UNC has a terrible defense, way worse than ours. And that’s saying something. Our D made big plays when we needed them. Congrats to this team. They’ve earned every bit of praise.

The post-game show displayed a graphic which indicated that we pressured their prematurely-anointed-for-the-heisman freshman quarterback, who was making his first start on the collegiate level, 26 times. That was by far the most any Clemson quarterback has been pressured since 2013. On those 26 downs, he finished 7-20-2 for 82 yards and no touchdowns. In short, we did exactly what we should have done, i.e., relentlessly pressure an extremely talented but inexperienced quarterback.

I am not taking anything away from Tennessee, but my goodness, Clemson is awful. If they played as bad as they did tonight, I am not sure they would beat any team. Nonetheless, I am happy Tennessee won! It's been a great year.

They won 11 games. They're not awful. Banks and Garner had a great game plan for them. Our guys went out and executed. We are a better team. Just think if we had all of our guys. Wed beat Uga on a neutral field.

Reactions: StarRaider
I am not taking anything away from Tennessee, but my goodness, Clemson is awful. If they played as bad as they did tonight, I am not sure they would beat any team. Nonetheless, I am happy Tennessee won! It's been a great year.
Proceeds to do just that

Clemson is a very good team, but they did look average against a couple of their opponents this season, and they benefited from playing in a weak conference. They probably would’ve finished 5th in the SEC this year.

Tennessee played all-around very well tonight and comfortably defeated a good team. And it’s great to be a Tennessee Vol!

The post-game show displayed a graphic which indicated that we pressured their prematurely-anointed-for-the-heisman freshman quarterback, who was making his first start on the collegiate level, 26 times. That was by far the most any Clemson quarterback has been pressured since 2013. On those 26 downs, he finished 7-20-2 for 82 yards and no touchdowns. In short, we did exactly what we should have done, i.e., relentlessly pressure an extremely talented but inexperienced quarterback.
Coach Banks and his kids brought it tonight!

Reactions: feathersax
Coach Banks and his kids brought it tonight!

Yes, they did. It certainly was not as dominating a performance, but this game reminded me a bit of the 1986 Sugar Bowl victory over Miami, in terms of the relentless pressure and effort displayed for 60 minutes by our defense.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
This has to be a rival fan trolling us. Odd that Depressed Fan only seems to thumbs up threads like this too but both accounts were made within 15 days of each other so….. Couple of ignore list additions on deck.

Yes, but the SEC has 5 teams yet to play, and 3 of them are favored to win (Georgia, Alabama and LSU) with the other two in toss up games (Kentucky and Mississippi State).
Absolutely correct. We had two teams in bowls that aren't really bowl teams this year (Missouri and Florida) who had to play matchups against P5 teams that were higher ranked in their conference. The cream of the SEC started last night, and will show out.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I think you're selling the Vols a little short. Our defense was extremely angry and focused. For 6 weeks, they've been hearing how horrible they are and that their coordinator needs to be fired. Also, based on other bowl games, I'm not sure how much better the SEC is than the ACC. At least, the mid tier of the ACC may be about on par. Top tier, yes, the SEC is unmatched.

Clemson is a top 10 team. They rolled North Carolina in ACC title game. Tennessee beat a top 10 team tonight and played a great game. Saying Clemson is awful is taking away from Tennessee's win.

Yeah, they have some grown men on that defensive front. But their QB didn't play well and neither did their secondary.

I saw Clemson a couple times this year and they looked bad. I felt they were over rated all year. They benefited in the past by having 2 good QB's back to back ( Watson/Fabio with the long hair ) that covered up Dabo's poor coaching

They have a good DL even with the opt outs. RBs were good,

PK was great until last night. I think Dabo iced him on the fake punt

That young QB can be good if he doesn't get gun shy from all the abuse last night and has a good QB coach to develop him.

At full strength we would have hung 50+ on them.

Lol you sound like a fan of another team posing as a Vol. It almost comes across as if you’re bitter, but don’t want to be perceived as bitter - just “level headed and clear-eyed” am I right?

Well....The Clemson QB had to be all world because they showed his parent 244 times during the game. The cameraman had a love affair with the parents only rivaled by Danelson with Saban. ;)

Per the Football Forum on VolNation :
Whenever Tennessee wins a game, it's always just because the other team sucks.
This place kills me.

Welcome to VN, bub. The place where if everything goes right, it's still worng, wnoerg, wrnog, wrong.

Clemson's Dline was the best unit of the night for the tigers. Time and time again they were blowing up plays in the backfield. We had a great defensive gameplan. Knowing the young man is a freshman we hit him early and often and got in his head. It was a wrap from there. Great performance by our Team. Aaron Beasley should have been MVP. That young man was everywhere last night.

VN Store

Back