I feel a LOT better about our trip to the Swamp...

You act like our guys won't be used to the heat and humidity.

The first day of practice it was 105..........I think our guys will be ok.

The question is, if we run the ball, can your DL hold up without bringing up the safeties.
Bigger question is can you get the snap exchanged, start there. We'll work on ours but I suspect with our thin lb's DB's will be creeping.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You act like our guys won't be used to the heat and humidity.

The first day of practice it was 105..........I think our guys will be ok.

The question is, if we run the ball, can your DL hold up without bringing up the safeties.

If we bring up the safeties, can your piss poor QB make us pay??

I would just like to point out since this is a UF v UT discussion, that UT's "advantage" at WR is minimal if they have any at all, over UF's DB's. Both units are relatively young and inexperienced. If UT was coming into the swamp with Jones, Moore, and Stocker, all experienced seniors, then I would be super worried that the experienced UT WR's would take advantage of UF's youth. But now, it's youth on youth, and talent on talent, because UF does have a lot of talent in their secondary, and it should be an even battle.

This game, like most years, will come down not to who can throw the ball the best, but who can stop the run. UF's front 7 looks to be one of the stronger units in the conference, while UT's looks to be in a period of transition, and although I'm sure most UT fans think that their line will be much stronger than Florida's, that may a bit premature considering that Florida's line probably won't start a player that hasn't been in the program at least 2 years, and may start 4 players that have been there for 3+ years. The addition of Sr. Dan Wenger from ND, a guy that played in the Weis offense, cannot be understated.

It's too early still for me to make a prediction because its hard to know who will be starting for Florida, but I would say right now UF has the advantage on the ground, bringing back two explosive senior RB's and returning a much stronger defensive front 7.

Last edited:
I Would say olines are a draw at best and give an edge to UF at RB
-------------------------------------

Rainey and Demps weigh less than 400 lbs combined.

Go ahead and run em through the 2-hole 15 times a game each.

In a Pro Set, UT Freshman Marlin Lane is better than both of these guys. let alone 1000-yard TPoole.

Last edited:
On a side note, anyone notice that Weiss looks like Jabba the Hut??

jabbaWeis.jpg

In a Pro Set, UT Freshman Marlin Lane is better than both of these guys. let alone 1000-yard TPoole.

You're dreaming if you think Marlin Lane would start over for UF right now.

The whole needing a big back in the pro set is far more important in the NFL than in college, and even in the NFL, guys like Jamal Charles and Kevin Faulk can be very dangerous in the Weis offense. Check the stats.

I would say, offensively, UF and UT should be about even offensively running the ball, but the front 7 for UF is going to be better than the front 7 for UT and that should decide the game ultimately one way or the other. Just like every year.

Wow ! Guess I was wrong

You're dreaming if you think Marlin Lane would start over for UF right now.

The whole needing a big back in the pro set is far more important in the NFL than in college, and even in the NFL, guys like Jamal Charles and Kevin Faulk can be very dangerous in the Weis offense. Check the stats.

I would say, offensively, UF and UT should be about even offensively running the ball, but the front 7 for UF is going to be better than the front 7 for UT and that should decide the game ultimately one way or the other. Just like every year.

No not even close. Your line is 16 lbs lighter on average and your backs couldn't hit 200 lbs soaking wet with a 10 lb weight. We are not even in the running game and to even think so is ridiculous. Congrats you have two people total to back your weight issue. Problem is your RBs suck.

1. I get the feeling that isn't the only reason your fan base wants to beat Florida more than any other team on your schedule.

2.I don't see them getting this fired up against Georgia, South Carolina, etc and those are SEC games in the East.

3. Like I said, it does no good to beat us, and then lose to UGA, USC East and someone else.

4. Too much focus is placed on beating UF. You think our fan base places the same amount of focus on this game as Vol fans do? I highly doubt it.........but the same issues you listed above could be used by UF fans if they wanted.

1. Of course not, look at the series between us since the early 90s, you've had our number more so than any other team, we're sick of it, and we want a win. Shouldn't be too difficult to understand.
2. See above.
3. In the grand scheme of things you're right, to us though, it's progress. And it's beating a rival who you've beaten way too few times over the past two decades.
4. Of course UF doesn't. You think we place the same amount of emphasis on beating Vandy or UK or USC? Not even close. There's the UF and Bama games, then there's everyone else.

No not even close. Your line is 16 lbs lighter on average and your backs couldn't hit 200 lbs soaking wet with a 10 lb weight. We are not even in the running game and to even think so is ridiculous. Congrats you have two people total to back your weight issue. Problem is your RBs suck.

Our line is 16 pounds lighter on average? Good thing the UF DL is like 30 pounds heavier on average than the UT DL...

And you keep mentioning 200 pounds like its some magical number that separates a good RB from a bad RB...

It is not necessary to way 200 pounds to be a dangerous running back in college in any offense.

It certainly helps if you plan on running it right directly up the gut 30 times without deviation, but somehow, I doubt UF is going to be doing that on every play...

The game will be decided at the line of scrimmage. Whoever runs it better wins, just like every year. Turnovers, field position and maybe a special teams play may come into play also. Uf has been clearly better for the last 4 or 5 years this year not so much. It's still a away game, against a team that has more speed and talent. It's going to be tough to get a win in there, just not as tough as in the past.

Our piss poor QB made all the plays last year that were needed to win and UF was terrible last year passing the ball. So yeah... He can make you pay.

Our piss poor QB made all the plays last year that were needed to win and UF was terrible last year passing the ball. So yeah... He can make you pay.

UF was terrible passing the ball last year in an offense that the players were recruited for, and that they knew well. This year, they can be terrible in a scheme that they aren't manned for, and aren't familliar with? Against a UT defense that will be markedly better this year?

Help me here. How does that make you feel better?

UF never recruited Wr for the spread. Meyer just recruited speed mostly but Hines, Dunbar, Patton, Clark and even Thompson come from some of the better Pro-Style offense in HS.

UF never recruited Wr for the spread. Meyer just recruited speed mostly but Hines, Dunbar, Patton, Clark and even Thompson come from some of the better Pro-Style offense in HS.

UF is very talented at reciver. I think in UT's DB's are a lot better talent and depth wise this year. So, it should be a good battle in the swamp.

UF was terrible passing the ball last year in an offense that the players were recruited for, and that they knew well. This year, they can be terrible in a scheme that they aren't manned for, and aren't familliar with? Against a UT defense that will be markedly better this year?

Help me here. How does that make you feel better?

What about last years team leads you to believe they knew the offense well? Even when they could snap the ball right (which was rare) UF often had WR's running the wrong route, or offensive linemen blocking air while pass rushers zipped by them to kill Brantley.

How many times last year did UF fans wonder why two WR's were within 3 yards of each other during an incomplete pass?

How many times did UF fans wonder how two offensive linemen could block air and watch a Defensive end run impeded to the QB?

The offense last year was a debacle. And UF still scored 31 points on Tennessee.

At worst, the offense next year will be just as bad, but I still have confidence that they'll at least be able to snap the ball, because UF now has quality assistant coaches and a head coach that is obviously invested in the program.

Whether that translates into a win against UT, I don't know for sure, but yeah, I feel better.

VN Store

Back