I ESCAPED....

Copied from Google:

"How big do writing spiders get?

1.1 inches

The female can grow as big as 1.1 inches, up to 3 times the size of a male spider. They can prove to be beneficial, as they consume most types of crawling or flying pests."

Whoever answered this clearly has never seent the East Tennessee version. Lol

There are pix out there of people letting them crawl on their bare arm. WTF!
The thought of this literally makes my skin crawl.

Reactions: rocytop2624
There are pix out there of people letting them crawl on their bare arm. WTF!
The thought of this literally makes my skin crawl.
Writing spiders are almost essentially harmless to humans. Never let one crawl on me. But I would do it. Tarantulas? Nope

Reactions: malinoisvol
I've been bit a couple of times by spiders, but have no fear of them. Bears, that's what you need to worry about! I got but once by one, and it made a nasty spot. Looked like a bruise, but got hard, and the Dr gave me antibiotics and was going to lance it in about 3 days. Old guy back in Georgia told me to peel a potato thin, and tape it over the bite. Sure enough, couple of days and it looked better, didn't need to have it cut, and didn't take antibiotics. He said the starch would pull out the poison. Idk if that's what actually happened, but it got better.

I've been bit a couple of times by spiders, but have no fear of them. Bears, that's what you need to worry about! I got but once by one, and it made a nasty spot. Looked like a bruise, but got hard, and the Dr gave me antibiotics and was going to lance it in about 3 days. Old guy back in Georgia told me to peel a potato thin, and tape it over the bite. Sure enough, couple of days and it looked better, didn't need to have it cut, and didn't take antibiotics. He said the starch would pull out the poison. Idk if that's what actually happened, but it got better.
You got bit by a bear and you’re still here? You lucky.

They are the only spider I won't kill on sight. Right now we have 4 of them taking up residence in my backyard.
I had a huge one make a web right next to my front door right around Halloween. Kids thought it was a decoration and when I told them it was alive they usually ran like hell was chasing them. 😂

Argiope aurantia - Wikipedia

Argiope spiders are not aggressive. They might bite if grabbed, but other than for defense they do not attack large animals. Their venom often contains a library of polyamine toxins with potential as therapeutic medicinal agents. Notable among these is the argiotoxin ArgTX-636.[12]

A bite by Argiope aurantia is comparable to a bee sting with redness and swelling. For a healthy adult, a bite is not considered an issue. Though these spiders are not aggressive, people who are very young, elderly, or who have compromised immune systems should exercise caution, just as they would around a beehive or a hornet nes

Reactions: VolNExile
I had this same type of discussion with a friend of mine thats a pest removal technician and if it's all the same to everyone I'd just soon NOT be bitten by a spider, stung by a bee or bitten by a black snake. If you want to go right ahead. I don't.

I had this same type of discussion with a friend of mine thats a pest removal technician and if it's all the same to everyone I'd just soon NOT be bitten by a spider, stung by a bee or bitten by a black snake. If you want to go right ahead. I don't.
Yep, generally if you leave them critters alone you won’t get bit. Of course there’s always morons that have to touch errrhang.

Yeah I will let it hang out and eat bugs but I ain't gonna pet it or hold it.
"It's just a black snake it ain't poisonous, it can't hurt you".

I wanted to hit him in the face with a rake. I don't like getting bit by no seeums, mosquitoes or chiggers. Forget the fact there ain't no telling what the nasty little devil has had in his mouth, I just don't want to be bit by it.

He just thought that was funny. He never did catch it and let it bite him.

VN Store

Back