I did some extra credit in high school...

What? You mean it should be obvious to anyone with average intelligence that they are two totally distinct issues?

Yes these are two totally distinct issues.

Ramar was never under the investigation Bledsoe was, but we are supposed to take your word for it that he was admitted illegally.

And Bledsoe, Cousin, or Wall didn't worry any coaches, right?

Once again, Ramar never got investigated for grades. Bledsoe did. So you are arguing over supposed people you talked to.

if a kid can get into school and you want him, you take him. leave it up the the 'aa to decide if he can play or not. sometimes they say yes. sometimes they say no. sometmies they say yes, then no after the season.

it's like enes kanter. he liked uk, uk liked him. he could get into school so he was admitted, if he's cleared, great, if not then he's not, but you can't take the chance that he gets cleared to play for someone else.

There is no issue to address. It is a flawed, ridiculous argument.

On my part or your buddy hat's?

Let's see hat's argument

1. Bledsoe's career should not be prevented for one class. So essentially he felt it was ok to give Bledsoe an A, even though all of us know it was not deserved and that no teacher in their right mind would offer extra credit that could raise a kid's overall grade by two letters.

2. Bruce cheated because the coaches I talked to said there was no way he could get admitted to school.

Flaws:

1. Ramar has not underwent the investigation Bledsoe did because it didn't raise a red flag to the NCAA.

2. Let's say Ramar's transcript was flawed. It's ok to alter a transcript of Bledsoe, but it wouldn't be in Ramar's case.

3. Bruce is a cheat even though no evidence or investigation has taken place into Ramar. But you want facts for outside involvement for Bledsoe.

But yes you're right, I'm the one with the flawed argument. Another case of the blind following the blind due to hatred for someone.

On my part or your buddy hat's?

Let's see hat's argument

1. Bledsoe's career should not be prevented for one class. So essentially he felt it was ok to give Bledsoe an A, even though all of us know it was not deserved and that no teacher in their right mind would offer extra credit that could raise a kid's overall grade by two letters.

2. Bruce cheated because the coaches I talked to said there was no way he could get admitted to school.

Flaws:

1. Ramar has not underwent the investigation Bledsoe did because it didn't raise a red flag to the NCAA.

2. Let's say Ramar's transcript was flawed. It's ok to alter a transcript of Bledsoe, but it wouldn't be in Ramar's case.

3. Bruce is a cheat even though no evidence or investigation has taken place into Ramar. But you want facts for outside involvement for Bledsoe.

But yes you're right, I'm the one with the flawed argument. Another case of the blind following the blind due to hatred for someone.

I didn't bring Bruce into the argument, but the facts show that he is both a RAT and a CHEAT.

I didn't bring Bruce into the argument, but the facts show that he is both a RAT and a CHEAT.

Once again you cannot address that hypocrisy. You run from it even though you called my argument flawed. If you and your buddy hat are going to bash Pearl over Ramar at least stay consistent on Bledsoe's situation. Because if Bledsoe came here, you and your buddy hat would be the first ones calling Bruce the biggest cheater in the world because he helped Bledsoe get into school.

Once again you cannot address that hypocrisy. You run from it even though you called my argument flawed. If you and your buddy hat are going to bash Pearl over Ramar at least stay consistent on Bledsoe's situation. Because if Bledsoe came here, you and your buddy hat would be the first ones calling Bruce the biggest cheater in the world because he helped Bledsoe get into school.

I'm not running from anything. Your argument shows two unrelated issues. There is no hypocrisy to address.

Ramar was/is a dangerous man. There is absolutely nothing to compare between the two players/situations.

I'm not running from anything. Your argument shows two unrelated issues. There is no hypocrisy to address.

How are they two unrelated issues? They are both dealing with transcripts.

1. People want to bash Pearl over Ramar even though nothing was investigated.

2. Those same people want to say it's ok for Bledsoe's grade to have changed two letter grades because a class shouldn't hinder a person's career.

Tell me how these two are different, again?

Ramar was/is a dangerous man. There is absolutely nothing to compare between the two players/situations.

What does that have to do with his admittance into school for grades? The question is not if Ramar is a dangerous man. Stay on topic!

Sure there is. The teacher simply announces that anyone who comes in for an extra hour of class twice a week and completes the assignments for those extra sessions will receive an A. How hard is that?

I have a problem with actual extra credit. I don't see the point in giving a kid that can't try for 90 days a get out of jail free card once he realizes he's going to fail.

I have a problem with actual extra credit. I don't see the point in giving a kid that can't try for 90 days a get out of jail free card once he realizes he's going to fail.
That's a legitimate position. However, at the end of the day, it's the teacher's call. If the school system doesn't like it, find a different teacher.

Hatvol is the only hypocrite in this thread. All of you calling Pearl a hypocrite for something he did/believed 20 years ago, look in the mirror.

Also, it's hilarious watching people trying to rationalize academic fraud. Classic :eek:lol:

That's a legitimate position. However, at the end of the day, it's the teacher's call. If the school system doesn't like it, find a different teacher.

Probably only for a while longer. There's always stuff a teacher can do I guess, but the stakes are a bit higher here with both testing and evaluation. I think you'll find teachers less and less apt to help out a kid that has hurt them by not studying and doing well on tests that count 35-50% of their evaluation.

WOW! 10 out of 14 scores altered. Sounds like a little more than extra credit.

I am a teacher. I do not do this but some of my colleagues will give a student an opportunity to re-work missed problems and will give them 10 points to do so, or so many points per problem missed. I do not know the extra credit policies in the school district he attended nor the grading scale; but, if that was the case, and it was a high c, raising it to a low a is completely feasible. That being on the standard grading scale.

I am a teacher. I do not do this but some of my colleagues will give a student an opportunity to re-work missed problems and will give them 10 points to do so, or so many points per problem missed. I do not know the extra credit policies in the school district he attended nor the grading scale; but, if that was the case, and it was a high c, raising it to a low a is completely feasible. That being on the standard grading scale.

Exactly. As long as it was available to every student, I'm fine with it. My grading scale, your highest C is an 84, and your lowest A is a 93. I mean, that's only an 9 point difference. Not that much.

Last edited:
100% agreed. If you ruin the future of a kid because he can't do trigonometry or doesn't know the steps of meiosis, you're a sadistic piece of trash. I'm sure LeBron and Amare are crestfallen over the presumption that they have no idea what Michio Kaku or Brian Greene are talking about.

Obviously, I hope Kentucky has some type of intellectual requirements for admission, but I could be totally wrong.

If you can pass a course in underwater fire prevention then you can get on one of cals teams (provided you can excel in basketball):whistling::whistling:

Exactly. As long as it was available to every student, I'm fine with it. My grading scale, your highest C is an 84, and your lowest A is a 93. I mean, that's only an 11 point difference. Not that much.

93 - 84 = 9

Sorry to be that guy, but I couldn't help myself.

Some of you guys are reading way too much into the letter grade instead of the percentage system that's used.

It's not crazy to make up 10-15 points in your overall grade with some teachers.

VN Store

Back