I did some extra credit in high school...

Bledsoe's pro career wasn't riding on that grade. He could have played overseas.
Brilliant idea. Bledsoe should have to leave the country because some dipshat in Indy pulled arbitrary numbers out of the air to say who universities should and should not allow to play on their teams. Awesome.

There's not a chance in you know where that a kid could do enough extra credit to go an A.

However, you'd be amazed how much a grade can change if the kid will come in and just do the work he never turned in. If they do the work, they get the grade. Don't do the work, you're not getting extra credit.

Brilliant idea. Bledsoe should have to leave the country because some dipshat in Indy pulled arbitrary numbers out of the air to say who universities should and should not allow to play on their teams. Awesome.

You make it sound like going abroad and making good money is a negative thing.

If basketball is your only practical skill, and it is a legitimate skill, college is not necessary.

If you cannot qualify for college admittance then so be it. I'm sure there were many students in Bledsoe's summer class that couldn't make the grade. There's no reason Bledsoe should have any advantage over those students if he didn't actually make the grade.

After all, he had another viable option for success.

What happened to the virtue of honesty that you hold Pearl to? So you essentially lie to get a kid an A in a class he didn't deserve?

Obviously, you've been missing the point. No one is holding Pearl to being the most honest person on the planet; they are calling him what he is, a huge hypocrite. Pearl holds himself out as being the most honest man in the world; he brought it on himself. Period.

Obviously, you've been missing the point. No one is holding Pearl to being the most honest person on the planet; they are calling him what he is, a huge hypocrite. Pearl holds himself out as being the most honest man in the world; he brought it on himself. Period.

That's where there is a quote taken out of context. Pearl has always said he had to be more careful not to break rules because there are people that would love to turn him in.I have never heard Pearl refer to himself as a saint or anything.

Talking about hypocritical, how can you bash a man for saying he is a cheat like hatvol has since he has been here and then act like it's ok to change a grade to an A when a player didn't deserve it because it settles his future. That one class didn't settle his future, his 4 year high school career settled his future and he stunk it up in the classroom those 4 years.

Again, how is that any different than being academically hypocritical?

Again, how is that any different than being academically hypocritical?
On a board filled with exceptionally dense people, you take the cake. Where have any of us who have no problem with how Bledoe received his grade extolled the need to protect the integrity of the 'AA's initial eligibility standards?

That's where there is a quote taken out of context. Pearl has always said he had to be more careful not to break rules because there are people that would love to turn him in.I have never heard Pearl refer to himself as a saint or anything.

Talking about hypocritical, how can you bash a man for saying he is a cheat like hatvol has since he has been here and then act like it's ok to change a grade to an A when a player didn't deserve it because it settles his future. That one class didn't settle his future, his 4 year high school career settled his future and he stunk it up in the classroom those 4 years.
What do the actions of a Birmingham school teacher remotely have to do with a weepy piece of garbage basketball coach being a sanctimonious fraud?

There's not a chance in you know where that a kid could do enough extra credit to go an A.
Sure there is. The teacher simply announces that anyone who comes in for an extra hour of class twice a week and completes the assignments for those extra sessions will receive an A. How hard is that?

What do the actions of a Birmingham school teacher remotely have to do with a weepy piece of garbage basketball coach being a sanctimonious fraud?

Because you advocate giving the grade even though he didn't deserve it, which is lying yet you have a problem with lying from someone else. Hypocritical?

BTW if this was a Pearl scenario, your take would be "PEARL FIXED THE GRADES, HE PAID THE TEACHER, HE'S SUCH A SNAKE." Yet, your tone changes on a player that is not Pearl's. Once again, hypocritical?

i don't know why ya'll have spent 5 pages fussing about a moot point. 'aa investigated and cleared it back in the winter.

BTW if this was a Pearl scenario, your take would be "PEARL FIXED THE GRADES, HE PAID THE TEACHER, HE'S SUCH A SNAKE." Yet, your tone changes on a player that is not Pearl's. Once again, hypocritical?

Not a shred of evidence that there were any outside influences.

Not a shred of evidence that there were any outside influences.

Who needs evidence because HatVol disregards it? He bashes Pearl for Ramar's grades even though nothing has ever been brought up with the NCAA about it.

Who needs evidence because HatVol disregards it? He bashes Pearl for Ramar's grades even though nothing has ever been brought up with the NCAA about it.

I'd say grades are the tip of the iceburg when it comes to Ramar. If you don't understand that, I feel sorry for you.

A clear indication to me that Hat tells about 10% of what he knows on this board.

I'm sure and that 10 percent is always anti-Pearl. But when a situation happens with another transcript that has serious questions and that actually gets thoroughly investigated, then it's ok because teachers shouldn't ruin a person's career by not changing a grade. But in Ramar's case, Pearl somehow cheated to get him in school.

If you cannot see the hypocrisy in that, then you are blind.

I'm sure and that 10 percent is always anti-Pearl. But when a situation happens with another transcript that has serious questions and that actually gets thoroughly investigated, then it's ok because teachers shouldn't ruin a person's career by not changing a grade. But in Ramar's case, Pearl somehow cheated to get him in school.

If you cannot see the hypocrisy in that, then you are blind.

Context can be your friend...if you can understand it.

VN Store

Back