I bet if you ask Arizona and Virginia…

Can’t take tourney wins for granted. That being said, having an 18 point lead turn into a one possession game was disappointing.

Yea, should have put them away. That was a good matchup for us, bigger and more athletic across the board.

I think Duke will roll us unless we are exceptional from 3 point land. Hard to be too upset, losing your point guard is a huge deal.

I’m happy that we won and again, it’s survive and advance in March. My hope was that we would figure some things out before this game and:
1. limit the turnovers
2. a better offensive scheme to limit droughts
3. improve foul shooting
4. Santi staying out of foul trouble

We had a couple of nice runs but overall, the team didn’t improve; so it is what it is this time of yr. Hopefully we will find a way to play our best game of the yr Saturday Vs Duke.

Either team would’ve been tickled pink with a 3 point win today. We did enough to move on. Vols Forever, GO BIG ORANGE!!! 🏀
Yeah and part of me feels when they went up 18 the players were already thinking about Duke. Not saying thats right but its incredibly hard to hold focus when you are up 15+ in the second half.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We're dead. I'm glad we won our first game of the tourney, but I'm not sure I've ever seen such an incomplete Tennessee team going into the second round. My G_d, who can this team count on to score or step up to will a win?

Either team would’ve been tickled pink with a 3 point win today. We did enough to move on. Vols Forever, GO BIG ORANGE!!! 🏀

Glad we won. Not glad that against a team ranked in the 80s we blew an 18 point second half lead, shot 57% from the line, and turned it over 18 times just to barely squeak out a win.

As the last several weeks have shown us, we can't do that against any team with a pulse and expect to win.

Yeah and part of me feels when they went up 18 the players were already thinking about Duke. Not saying thats right but its incredibly hard to hold focus when you are up 15+ in the second half.

If only there was some person at the top who's job it was to keep the players focused and dialed in...

Reactions: jsm
We got on a bad stretch of throwing up 3’s when we were struggling to score instead of going inside. Uros is good if he can get the ball on the block. We have to penetrate to be able to kick out. Mashack needs to run point the majority of the time unless he is out. We need Keys and Vescovi being able to work for shots. Mashack has the quickness as long as he plays under control. He is fast and has length and he is improving and gaining confidence. Vescovi absolutely needs to stay out of foul trouble early. And no the refs aren’t beating us but Vescovi got mugged tonight and they called a few tick tack fouls on Vescovi. This has been going on awhile now. I do think Barnes needs to bring that to the refs attention. The crew that called the game tonight did not do a very good job overall. But we have to do better of working ball inside out and hitting free throws and limiting the silly senseless turnovers. Them things will get you sent home quick. Time for some of our players step up and start knocking down some shots. GBO!

Hey guys. Good game. Sucks that the Cajuns couldn’t show you what kinda team we really are. You only saw flashes of it in the second half. Our second leading scorer Greg Williams Jr. disappeared in this game and the Sun Belt Champ game. Apparently he’s dealing with turf toe but who doesn’t have injuries this time of year, no excuses.

Simply put, just as frustrated as y’all are with your turnovers, we are equally frustrated with our complete offensive ineptitude in the first half! I’m glad we at least fought back and showed some grit to make it a close game. But, we are much better than we showed tonight on offense.

Go beat Duke. Y’all got that.

VN Store

Back