I am a “Pull for your conference” SEC homer, but I’m cheering for Miami today

It took you this long?

tenor.gif

Reactions: AM64
**** SEC. Literally every team in the conference would have to become a train wreck for it to stop being power five, and if that happens somebody will win the conference. I cheer for Tennessee.

I don't follow this logic. A Florida loss to a non-conference foe makes a UT loss to the gators look even worse. On the other hand, a Vols win over the gators unbeaten in non-conference looks even better.
If we were legit contenders for a playoff spot I'd agree. But right now we need to look more appealing than Florida to recruits so we can build a program that can compete for the playoffs. If that means they go 6-6 and we go 8-4 so be it.

Because they are SEC fans, like me.

And before we start down this path, there is validity to either side of the argument. The optimal situation lies somewhere in between.

-No you should not “Hope every SEC team besides Tennessee loses every game and goes to hell! Yeeee Haw!!” That’s dumb. You don’t want to be UCF.

-You should also NOT want the entire SEC to be Top 25, that makes for too difficult of a schedule.

-You SHOULD want to be about where Ohio State is. Your conference is weak, but relevant enough that blazing through the conference will still get you in the playoffs.
There is only one team in the sec that I like and thats Tennessee. I hate the rest equally, and then there is my hatred of Alabama. Go Canes!

Who cares about Conference loyalty? The hell with the anyone besides Tennessee. Especially Florida, Alabama, and Georgia
What this guy said. It's weird folks still believe this conference bs. Sec has dominated college football over a decade and tennessee has sucked every single one of them.

Reactions: Behr
The effect of the UF- Miami game tonight on Tennessee's success a few years from now is zero. Less than that, maybe. You should be rooting for the SEC.
I never root for Florida unless it benefits the Vols, like in 97 we needed you guys to knock off FSU so we could get our shot at the Orange Bowl, but I held my nose the whole game.

As an SEC homer, it goes:

-What’s good for Tennessee comes first.

-What’s good for the SEC in general comes second.

We need Miami to win this one. Florida does NOT need to see long term success under Mullen if we want to compete for the East in the near future. There is dissension right now at Florida, kicking off their season with a loss to Miami could send them into a downward spiral.

So even if you’re an SEC homer like me, cheer for Miami today. It’s better for Tennessee in the long run.

ME2!!

I graduated from the University of Tennessee and not from the SEC. I am a Vol fan in every sport. If colleges had checker teams, I would be a Vols fan. I hope Florida loses every game they play. Same for Bama, and every team in the East. Go Vols!!!!!

Reactions: LexVol71
It could go both ways.

Would look much better if we beat an 8th ranked Florida than a 15th ranked Florida with 1 loss.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back