Hypothetically, would you take Freeze over Heupel...

I have a great accountant. He stole from some clients a few years back, but I think he won't do that again. Is that wise?

I believe in forgiveness, but you can forgive someone and still consider past behaviors when deciding on a position of trust. Someone who violated your trust in the past is more likely to do it in the future than someone who has never violated your trust.

Given the circumstances, I think UT made a great hire for what we need. Heupel's experience at Mizzou and Oklahoma tells me he is big league.
Would it be easier to forgive if instead of stealing FROM clients, he had done some shady dealing to double or triple their portfolio? Better analogy.

I don't know of a single instance where Coach Heupel paid a prostitute either for himself or for any recruit or athletes. Yet..

So on the OP question, i'm gonna say a solid HELL NO to the hyprocite holy roller Freeze..

I’m not sold on Harsin. Peterson had a relatively easy transition to a larger school in the same region when he took the UDub job out of Boise. Harsin has had success within the G5, but not so much against the P5 like Peterson did.

I’m not sold on Sark, though that Bama offense was sick this year, and he’s got big school experience for years. My hunch is the Horns’ eyes were bigger than their stomachs... again.

I’m not sold on Heup, but I’m looking forward to seeing a more entertaining scheme and better effort from the players. I think he gives decent cause for hope in those regards, at least. Not where I expected us to be at this point if you’d asked me on New Year’s Eve, of course.

Man, I agree on all three. I'm surprised the national reporters aren't busting more on Texas and Auburn, maybe they are and I'm not seeing it?
Sark at Texas is just kinda laying on the ground out here (I live in Austin). None of the hires are really impressive.

If we could just play consistent, I would be ok.
Either way, I'm gonna wear my orange and white out here every week, regardless! (the real orange btw...I'm surrounded by the barf, burnt orange of the Longhorns! :) )

Reactions: kcvols1
Man, I agree on all three. I'm surprised the national reporters aren't busting more on Texas and Auburn, maybe they are and I'm not seeing it?
Sark at Texas is just kinda laying on the ground out here (I live in Austin). None of the hires are really impressive.

If we could just play consistent, I would be ok.
Either way, I'm gonna wear my orange and white out here every week, regardless! (the real orange btw...I'm surrounded by the barf, burnt orange of the Longhorns! :) )

My A&M rice farming grandpa called it “Chicken Sh*t Tan!”

Love Austin. Hope Ben Crenshaw can save Lions Muny.

Reactions: SmashMouth
My A&M rice farming grandpa called it “Chicken Sh*t Tan!”

Love Austin. Hope Ben Crenshaw can save Lions Muny.

yep, and my oldest son, who is an Aggie, would agree with your grandpa!

Went to a Texas baseball game a few years ago when they were playing Tennessee Tech in the college world series. Tech is my wife's alma mater.
Wow...what a bag of dorks! Should have stayed in the Tennessee Tech fan appreciate tent drinking beer and eating BBQ!

Never and I do not particularly like Heupel. I would take Freeze over Pruitt because they both are cheats and freeze does not have a cone head and his eyebrows are aligned on his face.

Never and I do not particularly like Heupel. I would take Freeze over Pruitt because they both are cheats and freeze does not have a cone head and his eyebrows are aligned on his face.
Ah, the Classic Measures of Beauty method of rating coaches.

Yes, that is key.

I'm interested to see how Heup recruits. If he recruits well, he may turn out to be a better HC than Freeze, period. I definitely think he has a better offense and is a better QB developer. Can he put a good defense on the field and can he recruit well enough to compete? Those are the 2 questions.

If the NCAA lowered a sledge hammer, I don’t think Freeze would be successful. If the NCAA wasn’t in the picture and it was Heupel at 4mill vs Freeze at 6mill / 4 year contract, I’d take Freeze.

VN Store

Back