Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Can we please get it through our heads that Hugh Freeze is not hireable in the SEC?

Regardless of what he tried to tell people (and if Hugh’s mouth is moving it means he’s lying), he was never in play for the Auburn job. Just like he wasn’t in play at South Carolina. Or Southern Miss. or Memphis last year. Or all those OC jobs he claimed to be involved with.

With the best agent in the biz, Hugh Freeze was unable to get a single dime of a $16M buyout. Not. One. Dime. Art Briles got $15M. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have in your closet to not collect one dime of an 8-figure payday? That isn’t just about some phone numbers on a call log. Wake up.

This is not a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence going on in the SEC in recruiting. And Hugh has enemies everywhere around this league and in Memphis. Scarlet letter around his neck on the recruiting trail.

And before and simpletons tell me “oh watch Florida hire him when Mullen leaves”. Uhhhh, last I checked Scott Stricklin is Florida’s AD. Go check where he was AD before Florida and get back to me.

And stop with the “he turned down Auburn bc he wants the Tennessee job” nonsense. He’s not some VFL people. And him turning down Auburn would be like a starving man turning down a Christmas turkey. He was never contacted. It was hilarious that that report came out that he was contacted and 20 minutes later Auburn announced Harsin.

And I won’t even go into the ridiculous tweeting and Briarcrest stuff here or the fact that as a program builder and sustainer he leaves a whole lot to be desired.

If you want to tell me he gets an NCST-ish type ACC job? I can buy that. But he’s not coming back into this league for at least 2-3 more years, if ever.

#freezetothehill

Hugh has been to the cleansing waters and purified air of Lynchburg, Virginia.
He has had many healing hands laid upon him.
He has been redeemed and is once again bonafide and ready to lead a Volunteer revival.

Jerry, that you? How’s your wife and that cabana boy doing?

Reactions: vol66
Yeah. Me.
He has a much better winning percentage and overall wins at places that don't have the resources Sark has been at.
Hey man Freeze had to cheat and had 27 wins taken back so Sark is better it's why he is at Texas and Freeze was at ole piss and Liberty.

Really? I think Saban could prop up a mannequin and call it the new OC and still beat the product UT has fielded the past 10 years. Hugh Freeze being (or not being) the OC at Bama is not an issue. There's a whole host of steps and issues that need to be addressed internally, prior to worrying about what another staff is doing.

Reactions: VolEngineer
If everyone on Vol Nation will give Freeze the phone number of your wives , girlfriends , daughters and grannys maybe he will come. To UT

There was an article in the Tennessean news paper why they should hire him. They were all for it. They said if they think hiring Freeze would embarrass the university then why did they hire Pruitt who butchers the English language as badly as anyone ever employed at an institution of higher learning. The article was by John Adams.

Last edited:
Can we please get it through our heads that Hugh Freeze is not hireable in the SEC?

Regardless of what he tried to tell people (and if Hugh’s mouth is moving it means he’s lying), he was never in play for the Auburn job. Just like he wasn’t in play at South Carolina. Or Southern Miss. or Memphis last year. Or all those OC jobs he claimed to be involved with.

With the best agent in the biz, Hugh Freeze was unable to get a single dime of a $16M buyout. Not. One. Dime. Art Briles got $15M. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have in your closet to not collect one dime of an 8-figure payday? That isn’t just about some phone numbers on a call log. Wake up.

This is not a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence going on in the SEC in recruiting. And Hugh has enemies everywhere around this league and in Memphis. Scarlet letter around his neck on the recruiting trail.

And before and simpletons tell me “oh watch Florida hire him when Mullen leaves”. Uhhhh, last I checked Scott Stricklin is Florida’s AD. Go check where he was AD before Florida and get back to me.

And stop with the “he turned down Auburn bc he wants the Tennessee job” nonsense. He’s not some VFL people. And him turning down Auburn would be like a starving man turning down a Christmas turkey. He was never contacted. It was hilarious that that report came out that he was contacted and 20 minutes later Auburn announced Harsin.

And I won’t even go into the ridiculous tweeting and Briarcrest stuff here or the fact that as a program builder and sustainer he leaves a whole lot to be desired.

If you want to tell me he gets an NCST-ish type ACC job? I can buy that. But he’s not coming back into this league for at least 2-3 more years, if ever.

"Mark in Columba, Ohio" is that you..... lol

Reactions: canboy21
HIRE FREEZE NOW
Freeze liked hookers and partying...so does Bill Clinton....people wanted to put him back in the WH with Hillary.
Freeze wasn’t part of a Sandusky or Briles type scandal...I want to win. He has done his time...his wife and family are behind him....some on here need to get over themselves. If the opportunity presented itself I wish we’d take it.

Reactions: hexnut and CA_Vol
Might need to get outside more and not sweat the small stuff. Pleas to common decency is NOT a good look.

VN Store

Back