Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Don't say never ever. There's some big money in town that want him here. And agree he may cheat but we ain't looking for a pastor or Sunday school teacher. I don't look to my football coaches for religious means. Some big money are tired of losing money, and ready to win.
Amen!(pardon the pun) God I hope you're right!

I am sure that people can and do that everyday. But it doesnt mean that Fulmer, Haslam or Sankey will change their mind about him
So you're saying no way Fulmer would have been on board with hiring him as OC?

So you're saying no way Fulmer would have been on board with hiring him as OC?
Fulmer blocked it, and also, Ole Miss’ probation ends soon so there’s less resistance to make the move and it’s very possible favorable decisions could be made. As much as I loath the battle captain, he knows how to recruit and how to play that game. Also important to note, Ole Miss hired Kiffbag while on probation and got league approval, so what’s that tell you? (Maybe league setting OM up to punish for ‘bama’s dirt!) lol...
I’d rather have a coach get in trouble trying than one that is incompetent or sabotaging his own career and team from the inside!

Fulmer blocked it, and also, Ole Miss’ probation ends soon so there’s less resistance to make the move and it’s very possible favorable decisions could be made. As much as I loath the battle captain, he knows how to recruit and how to play that game. Also important to note, Ole Miss hired Kiffbag while on probation and got league approval, so what’s that tell you? (Maybe league setting OM up to punish for ‘bama’s dirt!) lol...
I’d rather have a coach get in trouble trying than one that is incompetent or sabotaging his own career and team from the inside!
I heard Phil was on board with hiring Freeze as OC. Also, at the time, Saban wanted him too, but Sankey blocked it due to the Ole Miss probation which ends this year...

I don't think Freeze will take another coaching job this year. I think he will wait until next year. Should be a lot more big jobs open next year. Especially in the SEC.

I heard Phil was on board with hiring Freeze as OC. Also, at the time, Saban wanted him too, but Sankey blocked it due to the Ole Miss probation which ends this year...
Perhaps I misunderstood those events and who, but now I recall, PF didn’t really push the issue too much and could have, but he was a new AD also and was learning on the job!

Reactions: m1al
Thread Title:

tenor.gif

I legit don't know anything about Hugh Freeze. Is he a good motivator, good strategist, good recruiter, etc? I know he had a good record at Ole Miss in the SEC west and is doing well at liberty. But why would he do well at Tennessee?

On that last note, are his past troubles an indicator of how well he would do? Like can he actually recruit high end talent without cheating (or getting caught lol)

I legit don't know anything about Hugh Freeze. Is he a good motivator, good strategist, good recruiter, etc? I know he had a good record at Ole Miss in the SEC west and is doing well at liberty. But why would he do well at Tennessee?

On that last note, are his past troubles an indicator of how well he would do? Like can he actually recruit high end talent without cheating (or getting caught lol)
Yes his teams typically play above their talent and he would bring a fun offense and a good defense to compliment.

VN Store

Back