Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Nick Saban wasn't going to Alabama either.

Forde: Welcome to the Liar's Club

Freeze may not end up at SC and I definitely don't think he will end up here ( Fulmer is too proud to admit the mistake on Pruitt ) but it's all just coach speak and lies until he is on the sidelines for Liberty next season.

Like I have said, he isn’t coming here. Nor is he going to SC or Auburn.

Freeze currently 'won't entertain' S.C. opening

"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski in an interview that aired Saturday. "I'm at total peace with staying here, as long as they'll have me."

Translation: USCe did not offer me enough money to willingly move to Columbia South Carolina.

"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski in an interview that aired Saturday. "I'm at total peace with staying here, as long as they'll have me."
tenor.gif

Oh, I completely disagree OP ... words matter, and if you look at what Freeze actually said ... from the article:
"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski.
As if to say, not in mid season, but get back to me in a few weeks.

"There's always that itch. Like man, I want to prove it, I want to go do it and I want to do it in that biggest arena that I can," Freeze told Wojciechowski.

He is content to stay at Liberty, but he wants to go.
He wants to prove it in "that biggest arena that I can."

"That" biggest arena, like he has one in mind. Who in the SEC has a bigger arena, and possibly an open position in a few weeks, were Pruitt to go 2-8 for the season?

I'm not Niting this post, nor am I saying check my stats.
All I'm saying is, I don't see how you could read his own words, and put the Freeze dream to bed.

giphy.gif

200.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoot Bigson
I’m not saying he will come here, but that has more to do with my thinking that we won’t pull the trigger on a change, but I read an interview that this is his dream job and no coach is going to say that he is leaving his program before the season is over they will deny it until they leave the locker room after the last game.

Sincere request ... can you provide a link to that article? Please ... I'd love to read it.
Thanks in advance for helping a brother out.

Coach speak 101. Of course he isn’t going to say he wants to leave while he is in the middle of a great season at his current job. He would lose his team and the AD as well as hurt his offers from other opportunities. A statement like this says, I am happy so if you want me you need to bring your checkbook.

Maybe it’s because you and some others feel the only thing that matters to a HC is money. You are wrong. Now, will Freeze eventually end up at a big time school? Yes.

But by all means, offer up the proof that says Freeze is just flat out lying here without using what other coaches have say and done.

You are looking for us to provide proof that we believe you have misinterpreted the interview.

Right! LMAO! He's going somewhere, at the end of the season. Book it!

You are looking for us to provide proof that we believe you have misinterpreted the interview.

Nope. People have basically said Freeze is lying. I would just like to see the proof that he is. Not conjecture but solid evidence.

I would love it if he proves me wrong and signs with us.

Nope. People have basically said Freeze is lying. I would just like to see the proof that he is. Not conjecture but solid evidence.

I would love it if he proves me wrong and signs with us.

Meh, whatever. You are saying people say he's lying. I think most people are saying you've misinterpreted both his words as well as his intent in that interview.
There is no proof that he is lying, nor that he meant everything he said.
There is only opinion based upon interpretation of the interview.

I am not arguing with you (now or further).

Nick Saban, “I will not be the coach at Alabama.”

VN Store

Back