Huge news!

I've been pleasantly surprised with D1 Baseball this year. Whoever backed the site and hired Fitt, Rogers and the others did a great job. I give them an A+ this year and expect it will only get better in the years to come. NCAA baseball needed this for a long time........

Agree. Might subscribe next year.

is it legal in VolNation to copy and paste from other sites? Better question would D1 Baseball have a problem if I copied and pasted from their paid section.........

contact Freak and have him give you my emil address, I'll pay for your subscription ASAP for all the stuff you do on the baseball forum.......

Freak, I give you permission to send Vol66 my email address. OT

is it legal in VolNation to copy and paste from other sites? Better question would D1 Baseball have a problem if I copied and pasted from their paid section.........

I think you can paste portions as long as you link it back...

contact Freak and have him give you my emil address, I'll pay for your subscription ASAP for all the stuff you do on the baseball forum.......

Freak, I give you permission to send Vol66 my email address. OT

LOL, that's really nice, but not necessary...I used to be a paying member of a scouting service for football, but the info always made it here, if not before, right after...The D1 thing is different, the fact that you guys like it so much makes me interested...when Rodgers and Fitt went there, I was interested, but I thought, let's see what they do, you know?

I doubt they have the resources to find every instance of copy paste going on anyways, but I used to copy paste from Aaron's paid stuff on BA and I would always try to just paste as little as possible to get the point across.

I'm not currently a subscriber to D1, so I'd be interested in the meat of that article if you wanted to post.

if I end up in jail will you guys bring me beer?

Here goes:

• Tennessee has hired long-time former Vols assistant Larry Simcox as its replacement for departed assistant Greg Bergeron, with whom the Vols parted ways last week. Simcox, of course, was an assistant for Rod Delmonico during some of the most successful times in program history, and he joins Serrano’s staff with an excellent reputation and strong knowledge of what it takes to win at a high level. The other question here pertains to his son, shortstop A.J. Simcox. With Larry coming back to Knoxville as an assistant, it makes you strongly ponder the thought that Simcox, the shortstop, could return for his senior season. Should that happen, it would be a significant boost for the Volunteers moving forward. Sources inside the Tennessee program are excited about Larry Simcox’s addition and what he potentially brings to the table. Tennessee’s hire will be official next week.

Reactions: 7 people

Here goes:

• Tennessee has hired long-time former Vols assistant Larry Simcox as its replacement for departed assistant Greg Bergeron, with whom the Vols parted ways last week. Simcox, of course, was an assistant for Rod Delmonico during some of the most successful times in program history, and he joins Serrano’s staff with an excellent reputation and strong knowledge of what it takes to win at a high level. The other question here pertains to his son, shortstop A.J. Simcox. With Larry coming back to Knoxville as an assistant, it makes you strongly ponder the thought that Simcox, the shortstop, could return for his senior season. Should that happen, it would be a significant boost for the Volunteers moving forward. Sources inside the Tennessee program are excited about Larry Simcox’s addition and what he potentially brings to the table. Tennessee’s hire will be official next week.

Of course!

Awesome. Thanks! I'll buy you a beer, but I'm not sure how jail works. I assume you can't pass beers through.

Also, I have wondered the entire second half about AJ coming back. I see a big upside for it. He has that "thing" where scouts loved him in high school, so he just has to give them an excuse to pick him early. I don't quite think he did that this year and I think at worst it costs him 10-20K in signing bonus, though I doubt that happens. His path to the bigs stays the same and maybe he even accelerates himself by playing SEC (basically AA) baseball for a year instead of low or high A where he would go next year for whoever picked him. He could potentially be the best SS in the league next year. Wait a year and let Swanson and Bregman get out of the way.

I would be surprised to see him stay but to me, it makes sense. Even more so now with his father coaching.

Serrano's only mistake about hiring Simcox now is ........HE SHOULD HAVE HIRED HIM WHEN HE FIRST GOT THE JOB!!

If true, great move by UT hiring Larry Simcox. Good coach and good man. Much more agressive hitting approach and let the kids play baseball. With the new baseballs and the return of some home runs to college baseball it is important to let the guys swing away. As far as AJ, he may come back and that is great, but it will probably cost him significant money. Unless he has a monster senior year, the signing bonus for seniors outside the first couple of rounds is much less. UT needs to get to the point where they celebrate the success of the players getting drafted instead of hoping they all come back. UT recruits like most SEC schools with the promsie to make you a better player and get you ready for the draft. Guys getting drafting, and getting solid signing bonuses, is a positive. Vandy (with a 21 run lead) took out it 3 juniors that will be probable 1st round picks in the 7 th inning of the regional final so the home crowd could acknowledge their appreciation.

Reactions: 1 person

Here goes:

Where would he go?

He's draft eligible, and he's going to get drafted, just a question of where in the draft he goes.

Really? He's never batted over .300 and is a career .282 batter with only 17 extra base hits as a 3 year starter with close to 600 at bats.

I don't follow college baseball (or MLB really although I used to be a huge baseball fan) closely so this just surprised me.

More power to him if he gets drafted.

Hiring Simcox gives me hope about some of the guys returning. I hope this would make Cabbage want to come even more know with a hitting coach that fits his style!

Really? He's never batted over .300 and is a career .282 batter with only 17 extra base hits as a 3 year starter with close to 600 at bats.

I don't follow college baseball (or MLB really although I used to be a huge baseball fan) closely so this just surprised me.

More power to him if he gets drafted.

He is the career sac hit leader in UT history and he did it in two seasons and the first month of his third...that shows how they used him. The last third of the season, they moved him to the 4 spot and he showed what he could do, hitting around .290 over that stretch...he was asked to sacrifice a hell of a lot over his career...

OTOH...as others have mentioned, there's a lot of talented SS's coming out of the SEC this season...should he return he'd be one of, if not the best in the SEC next year, leverage set aside of course.

He is the career sac hit leader in UT history and he did it in two seasons and the first month of his third...that shows how they used him. The last third of the season, they moved him to the 4 spot and he showed what he could do, hitting around .290 over that stretch...he was asked to sacrifice a hell of a lot over his career...

OTOH...as others have mentioned, there's a lot of talented SS's coming out of the SEC this season...should he return he'd be one of, if not the best in the SEC next year, leverage set aside of course.

exactly, I think we all realized how big a team guy he was when he lit it up at the end of the season. He sacrificed a ton. If he comes back, he will be a big bat in the middle of the lineup. I think we know we will see more "Moneyball" next season with fewer sacs and stolen bases.

Reactions: 1 person
exactly, I think we all realized how big a team guy he was when he lit it up at the end of the season. He sacrificed a ton. If he comes back, he will be a big bat in the middle of the lineup. I think we know we will see more "Moneyball" next season with fewer sacs and stolen bases.

I think so too. If this is the case I would love to see Cabbage, Senzel, Lee, and Simcox in the middle of the order with Leftridge leading off. That would be exciting!

So now, Serrano says he is still interviewing and the Simcox hire is just speculation. With that possibility getting out, now if Serrano hires some unknown or unproven coach, it will be another local PR nightmare for him.

So now, Serrano says he is still interviewing and the Simcox hire is just speculation. With that possibility getting out, now if Serrano hires some unknown or unproven coach, it will be another local PR nightmare for him.

Where did you see that?

VN Store

Back