Huge fight involving Kansas [could impact our game with them Saturday]

He certainly dropped the chair. The guy "pulling the chair away" barely touches it at best so unless he just wasn't holding on to it, he dropped it.

One thing's for sure, Tennessee needs to go in there and be as physical as possible. My guess is Kansas is going be a little cautious about how they play this next one. Hopefully get them in foul trouble and have a shot at the end. I hope we don't settle for 40 3's.

He was pushed away and came charging back to fight. He could have just walked away, but decided to be a straight punk. And the coach does hold back the chair from his hands though the video doesn't show it. Don't act like he's the innocent victim here.

I expected classless Kansas fans to try to defend what happened and play he was the victim in all this. Had he just blocked the shot and walked away, none of this would have happened.
How was he gonna walk away? he was trapped in that section. Im not saying the kid handled it right but folks are blowing things out of proportion and ignoring facts that are clear on video. The second angle makes it clear he dropped the chair it was not pulled from his hands.the coach's hand looks like it brushes against it but the fact his arms never moved back as they would have if hed had a grip on the chair wanting to swing it. I mean if he's gonna swing a chair and someone grabbed it you would have pulled him back. This ain't a small kid it's clear he just let go of it.

I think the suspension he got was fair. I also think the way folks overreact when fights happen are silly. It's a lot of people who have never played sports at a high level against hated rivals. it shouldn't happen but it does all the time and its not a big deal. No one got hurt, suspend the players move on. Stop trying to use it as an excuse to assassinate some kid's character. I don't give a darn what preceded it if I was backed in a corner by that many people I woulda came out swinging a chair also and it would have connected. Then again I would have just let the guy get the garbage basket and wouldn't have stood over him after a hard foul but that's me. It's easy to judge folks a lot different being in their shoes. We have no idea what banter was happening on the floor during the game the talk that went on preceding it and so on. There are rules in place for this they got enforced done

How was he gonna walk away? he was trapped in that section. Im not saying the kid handled it right but folks are blowing things out of proportion and ignoring facts that are clear on video. The second angle makes it clear he dropped the chair it was not pulled from his hands.the coach's hand looks like it brushes against it but the fact his arms never moved back as they would have if hed had a grip on the chair wanting to swing it. I mean if he's gonna swing a chair and someone grabbed it you would have pulled him back. This ain't a small kid it's clear he just let go of it.

I think the suspension he got was fair. I also think the way folks overreact when fights happen are silly. It's a lot of people who have never played sports at a high level against hated rivals. it shouldn't happen but it does all the time and its not a big deal. No one got hurt, suspend the players move on. Stop trying to use it as an excuse to assassinate some kid's character. I don't give a darn what preceded it if I was backed in a corner by that many people I woulda came out swinging a chair also and it would have connected. Then again I would have just let the guy get the garbage basket and wouldn't have stood over him after a hard foul but that's me. It's easy to judge folks a lot different being in their shoes. We have no idea what banter was happening on the floor during the game the talk that went on preceding it and so on. There are rules in place for this they got enforced done
Lot of stuff I’d like to respond to in this post but I’ll just go with the bolded otherwise my reply would be TL for me to even proof read. lol
1. He didn’t have to walk away just don’t pick up a chair. Keep throwing hands or better yet stand there and ACT like he was “trapped” or being held back. Guys do it all the time nowadays.
2. Come on guy he wasn’t backed in a corner. Guys his size don’t get backed in a corner, especially by media and the handicapped section. He lost his cool and tried to keep it real.
3. It doesn’t matter what the banter was during the game. We all have control of our actions and he wasn’t in any sort of danger that would require him pick up a chair.

I respect your opinion, just disagree wholeheartedly

I have certainly gotten into arguments and been upset when playing sports. Only thing physical was some pushing and shoving. Immature things as a kid. I have never thrown a punch in any situation much less on the court. The only reason I think you need to is if someone else is trying to throw one too or is about to take you down. No reason for de Sousa to pick up a chair.

Yes, he could have "walked away." I heard some former players talk about it, and they said that any basketball players know that other uniformed players aren't going to cold cock you because they know the ramifications. The thing that made this fight a little different was that there was a redshirt freshman on KSU's bench who was in street clothes and started fighting. That makes you throw your guard up.

Fights in hockey and baseball just as bad or worse all the time. Suspend them and move on. No big deal.
I agree, if not at times much worse with weapons in their hands (bats, hockey sticks) However, they are confined inside an arena not accessible by the fans. This went into the stands where anyone, even a kid, could have been seriously hurt, if not by flying fist, but tromped on by fleeing fans.

VN Store

Back