Huge fight involving Kansas [could impact our game with them Saturday]

Well they lost almost all of their post presence other than Azabuike. Obviously that's a big man, but we just have to double team him hard in the post.

Pretty weak from the Big 12. I'm not sure how two entire teams clear the benches and only 4 players get any sort of punishment. That fight didn't look like it was between just 4 players.

I agree with this take

He was jumped by a lot of players but
1. I disagree he dropped the chair, I think he lost his grip on it when it was pulled
2. The fact that he ever had an intention to use it and nearly did is embarrassing and worthy of a lengthy suspension

Reactions: orangemadam
He was jumped by a lot of players but
1. I disagree he dropped the chair, I think he lost his grip on it when it was pulled
2. The fact that he ever had an intention to use it and nearly did is embarrassing and worthy of a lengthy suspension

I agree with all you say

Just think this is an offense that is forgivable

I agree with all you say

Just think this is an offense that is forgivable

That camera angle casts a different light on the event for sure. With that being said, everyone from De Sousa to the NCAA are extremely fortunate that the chair was pulled out of his hand. Had he swung down and struck someone with it (especially a fan or bystander), the situation would be even more serious than it already is and likely would have involved a lawsuit.

On a side note, I still think that if this incident occurred between say K State and Oklahoma (or any other Big XII school not named Kansas), there would have been far more suspensions, and the length of those suspensions would be longer.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Per the actual rules, even coaches are supposed to be suspended if they weren't called into the fight area by officials. Everyone who left the bench is supposed to be suspended as well as you are considered a participant in the fight at that point. I think Kansas' entire bench was ejected. Not sure who finished on the court but they may be the only ones not suspended over this. The rules also explicitly call for the suspension the next game and say there is no wiggle room around it. Kansas may have to dress some walkons to field a team if the NCAA follows it's own rules.
Well, we are talking about the NCAA, sooooo, Kansas will suspend a couple of scrubs, Self will give some BS press conference about “this behavior not being tolerated at a great institution like Kansas” and that will be the end of it.
GBO!!

Was he jumped? Sure. Did the alternate angle present a different perspective? I guess. But let’s not forget that De Sousa started all of this by attempting to intimidate the guy who stole the ball by deliberately walking over top of him and standing over him in front of the KState bench. In no way does that excuse the KState players’ actions after the fact, but De Sousa definitely ignited the incident with his initial behavior. Just a bad look for everyone involved. As time passes, the initial shock and disgust will fade, but it still seems like KU got off way too easy to only have two players suspended.

Reactions: StarRaider

I agree with this take

He was pushed away and came charging back to fight. He could have just walked away, but decided to be a straight punk. And the coach does hold back the chair from his hands though the video doesn't show it. Don't act like he's the innocent victim here.

I expected classless Kansas fans to try to defend what happened and play he was the victim in all this. Had he just blocked the shot and walked away, none of this would have happened.

On a side note, I still think that if this incident occurred between say K State and Oklahoma (or any other Big XII school not named Kansas), there would have been far more suspensions, and the length of those suspensions would be longer.
Truth.

But then again, the Big 12 tends to be fairly soft in such matters leaving it up to the NCAA.

Well, we are talking about the NCAA, sooooo, Kansas will suspend a couple of scrubs, Self will give some BS press conference about “this behavior not being tolerated at a great institution like Kansas” and that will be the end of it.
GBO!!
I just want to see a snarky headline somewhere saying "Mock Shock Jayhawks" quoting how upset Bill Self is about it all.

Unpopular take: Maurkice Pouncey got suspended and fined for going after Myles Garrett, after Garrett took a helmet to Mason Rudolph's head. Deion Sanders said Pouncey was a hero inside NFL locker rooms, and he's not wrong. The more I see about this, the less of a problem I have with anyone from Kansas not named De Sousa. De Sousa was a punk, sure, but especially after seeing that new camera angle it makes sense that everyone else from Kansas basically just said "aw hell no". I mean rules are rules and there should be suspensions, probably more than there were, but it's a little more involved than K State good, Kansas bad.

VN Store

Back