How would a loss this Saturday affect the program?

What getting a WIN will do...

WIN and we get some much needed positive momentum.

We get into a bowl game and that's good for everyone, especially our Seniors.

We get the very much needed 15 extra practice days.

Getting the WIN over the commode doors has always been expected but we'll get some good press for making is back to the bowl game and during the bowl game so it could help with our recruiting some of the big dogs our coaching staff is trying to bring in.

What losing could mean...

No bowl game.

No extra practices.

No good press.

No momentum for recruiting.

Big disappointment for our players, especially the Seniors.

More fan apathy.

Say what you like but a loss won't be a good thing.

Pruitt and staff will spin a loss into more time for them to recruit and spin it to recruits on how badly we really need them and a huge opportunity to start or play quite a bit as true freshmen, ect, ect.

Win or lose there will be some type of repercussions from the Candy game but we all hope we get the WIN and get to watch another game of our beloved footVol Team.

STOMP the commode doors and let the sh** fly!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: govols105
I think it will cause us fans terrible turmoil. We are already in for another 6 or 7 win season if a miracle happens next season. A loss to Vanderbilt will make Pruitt look bad.

We have already lost by 26+ points to 4 teams most in history. If we lose just hope its close are single digits. I cant take another 26+ drubbing this year. Let the recruiting begin and bama Protein shakes wink... wink.

I don’t say much here but so many things are said that don’t ring true with me , even in this thread. Vol Nation is like a roller coaster these days... I was at the Vol Walk, it wasnt the worst I’ve seen, like someone said, the fans were cheering.

Maybe it wasn’t in all areas but in mine it was. In enthusiasm , I talked to several fans who were thrilled with the progress we feel Pruitt is making. Among my friends , everyone is optimistic. How can we even be casting so much judgement and opinion on this coach , with these players ?

I’ve read how terrible the crowd was Saturday and how quite. I’ve been to dozens of games , the crowd was alive until after the first half interception, what can be expected ? It was 45 degrees and a blowout , so yes many left after the 3rd quarter. Why all this hand wringing ?

After the Kentucky win, this place was like a New Years Party , now it’s like a funeral. I for one am not being negative towards any Vols fans as you are just as entitled to comment as me, but I feel like we’ve got a good coach and a good opportunity to improve in the coming years. I just hope Coach doesn’t read Vol Nation!

Reactions: Vol524 and GRN1926
Does this surprise you? Ever since Pruitt was hired, there have been those who havent really given him a chance. There will be a portion that never give him a chance. Thats one of the biggest issues with TN fans these days. Many just dont understand the importance of stability. They think you can hire and fire your way to success.
Well using that thought, we should have given Dooley and Jones more time. No one is saying Pruitt should be fired, fans just want to see real signs of improvement. Last Saturday, at home against Missouri didn’t give anyone confidence that’s happening. Maybe next year will be better, hard to think it could be worse.

ANYONE who loses to Vandy should be looked upon with concerning eyes.
In a normal sense, yes. This isn't one of those times. Saturday will not be one of those days where UT walks into that game with a substantial edge in roster like it did in 16', regardless of whether "its Vanderbilt".

Well using that thought, we should have given Dooley and Jones more time. No one is saying Pruitt should be fired, fans just want to see real signs of improvement. Last Saturday, at home against Missouri didn’t give anyone confidence that’s happening. Maybe next year will be better, hard to think it could be worse.
That one game? No, you re not gonna breed confidence when you get it handed to you at home.
But yet Kentucky and AU did, or should have if you are willing to look at the big picture. Its a very inconsistent team with a ton of flaws that were here before Pruitt accepted the job and would have been here with any other coach hired. That will equal good and bad Saturdays. If he isn't able to find consistency with time you have a problem and similar to the 2 before him he will wont be retained.

Reactions: fwbpastor
We need to win. If we don't it is what it is. Vandy will have kept us from reaching a bowl game. That can never be a good thing.

You would be wrong. Vandy does not have better overall talent than we do.
Judging the players as they were the day they graduated high school, yeah, we are more talented. After 3-4 years of development or lack thereof, it's closer.

We’re way ahead of what I expected so I guess it’d be ok if the lose.

On the other hand it is Vandy. Not really sure we should ever expect

From what I have seen live at the games pruitt's game day management needs looks of work, he doesn't care about our traditions based on comments he has made. He needs this win Saturday to continue looking like he has a plan for our program. Recruits will only buy the early playing time for 1 or 2 classes ours ain't to good right now a top 25er if I rec as LLC and that won't get it done.
And what comments did he make to make you think he dosent care about traditions?

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
I think it will cause us fans terrible turmoil. We are already in for another 6 or 7 win season if a miracle happens next season. A loss to Vanderbilt will make Pruitt look bad.
Pruitt already has 2 wins against top 25 teams. You do know Dooley and Butch Jones lost to Vandy. Volnation is still here. Lets just calm down.

Losing would hurt in recruiting

Winning wouldn't mean much in recruiting but doesn't give our opponents more ammo to recruit against us.

Jmo

Losing would hurt in recruiting

Winning wouldn't mean much in recruiting but doesn't give our opponents more ammo to recruit against us.

Jmo
Yes, all those recruits are thinking, "if they can't beat Vandy there is no hope". Wait, didn't Ole Miss just lose to Vandy and their recruiting class is ranked pretty high. No one decommitted.

If they lose to Vandy with all of this talent :rolleyes: they should take the wrecking ball to Neyland and disband the program. Maybe put more emphasis on soccer. Start lacrosse maybe. Just put this thing out of it's misery!!!

We have already lost by 26+ points to 4 teams most in history. If we lose just hope its close are single digits. I cant take another 26+ drubbing this year. Let the recruiting begin and bama Protein shakes wink... wink.[/QUOTE look]
Actually it's 5 blowouts. 3 26 pt losses, 1 37 pt loss and 1 33 pt loss.

Record-wise we're right where I thought we'd be, but the Auburn win and all the blowouts have been the surprising events to me.

The overall program is at a major point in our history! Lose Saturday, after a decade of despair, and we are OFFICIALLY stuck in the lower tier of the SEC and will be viewed and act as such for years to come! Never thought I would think this but folks it is what it is! Our program has one foot in the coffin and, Vanderbilt of all teams, can finish us off!

I see you are blessed with the gift of melodrama.

From what I have seen live at the games pruitt's game day management needs looks of work, he doesn't care about our traditions based on comments he has made. He needs this win Saturday to continue looking like he has a plan for our program. Recruits will only buy the early playing time for 1 or 2 classes ours ain't to good right now a top 25er if I rec as LLC and that won't get it done.

I love it when English majors post.

This is the kind of thinking that has put us in the current state of a once proud Tennessee program Neyland started. The Haslams greed catered to the rich and tossed the average fan aside. Higher ticket prices, box seats for the rich, charging students for tickets are just a few reasons this program just about has hit rock bottom. Let US NOT FORGET THE CHEAP STUPID, ON THE CHEAP, coaching hires over the last decade by the money people.

... think about all those people with money next time you sit on those cramed seats in Neyland with your knees in the person in front of you while you are wishing the person to the left and right of you would lose about 20 pounds. All those people with the money and the overpaid administration say thank you for your support!

There needs to be a superlike for posts like this one!!!

Reactions: GoVols15

VN Store

Back