How Quinten Dormady's 'rocky road' helped resurrect Central Michigan football

You're right in that he did have a really good game Missouri. Still did some of the same garbage in that game he always has, but still good statistically... But, he again was only responsible for a laughable 28 points. Right at his previous career high of 24 points in SEC play.

THEN after that game he AGAIN brings attention on himself by bringing up death threats. Only someone like him RUINS a situation, like that, by bringing attention to himself by pointing out something about the fanbase that should've been kept "in house". That type of thing went real well for Jim McElwain didn't it?? Very poor moment for a supposed "leader". Way to take the high road.

Then, what does he do the next week? Follows up his career game with LITERALLY a candidate for a career LOW game. Everyone deals with grief differently, so I'm not going to go there, but he was obviously not ready to play. For whatever reason. Despite his personal family deal, you still had #2 apologists (like the Priceless one on Volquest) PREDICTING that #2 could go out motivated for his grandmother and Vandy would have no chance as a result. Then after he plays all-time AWEFUL game some of the same people used the grandmother death as an excuse. Can't make it up.

The LIKELY truth is that the guy is what he is and the Missouri and Auburn games are extreme outliers. He'll give you a good game, or two, STATISTICALLY a year. Give you a high of about 25 points, IN CONFERENCE, but more times than not is just as likely to get you beat. All of this is four years after he completed high school and PLENTY of sample size to know what you're going to get....
We scored 41 vs USC. Every team's scoring average includes defensive and special teams scores. If the qb doesn't put the defense and special teams in good position, they don't score those points. Just stop with the 24 points or 28 points high score crap. Its a lie.

We scored 41 vs USC. Every team's scoring average includes defensive and special teams scores. If the qb doesn't put the defense and special teams in good position, they don't score those points. Just stop with the 24 points or 28 points high score crap. Its a lie.

That's not what I said though. Not only were there defensive points in that game he didn't even score all of the offensive points! Remember, in that game Shrout was responsible for likely the most impressive deep throw, (Outside of Maurer's throw against Georgia.) since 2012 when Bray played...

Again, 24-28 points (Yes, even RESPONSIBLE FOR.) as a career high in conference is COMICAL. All that in OVER two year's worth of starts...

Last edited:
That's not what I said though. Not only were their defensive points in that game he didn't even score all of the offensive points!

Again, 24-28 points (Yes, even RESPONSIBLE FOR.) as a career high in conference is COMICAL. All that in OVER two year's worth of starts...
30 vs Au last year. What you said is still factually incorrect.

Sure guy. If that was the case, when he was better he would have came back as the starter. Not transferred.

JG was not beat out by anyone for half the season. He didn't start three games and still played the majority of two of them. You love making stuff up.

You have said some dumb things but this may take the cake. What are these dots that you have made up?
HAhah. He had season ending shoulder surgery. Keep posting, I love seeing your ignorance.

30 vs Au last year. What you said is still factually incorrect.

Actually, you're the one that is incorrect. Again, I ALWAYS said RESPONSIBLE FOR. He was RESPONSIBLE for 23 points against Auburn last year as Alonte Taylor had a fumble recovery for a TD on defense. What I said about 24 points, prior to the 28 at Missouri, is 100 percent correct and been published before...

I wouldn't exactly call being a partial season starter for CMU... being a star.

McElwain isn't a terrible coach. UF isn't an easy place to satisfy the fans. Ole Miss maybe... I'm not sure why anyone would go to Arkansas. Impatient fanbase plus just about every disadvantage you can name.

Mizzou would be an ideal place for McElwain.
Not many sharks in Missouri. Maybe he could switch the buffalo.

Reactions: Steven5198
A lot of it does have to do with the chances you’re given. Look at how many opportunities Jg has been gifted. It’s almost bizarre. So many good players have had to wait their turn and for many the turn never even come. Bj Coleman is a good example of that. But I will say that both bj and dormady would’ve had more options if they’d have stuck it out. Guys get hurt and the level of plays come and goes. If dormady has stayed here he’d have ended up getting to play some more I’m sure.
I don't think being stuck under Butch Jones as a coach is a healthy situation for anyone. I always thought Dormady was a promising quarterback, but neither Butch nor his OC's knew anything about running an effective offense.

Actually, you're the one that is incorrect. Again, I ALWAYS said RESPONSIBLE FOR. He was RESPONSIBLE for 23 points against Auburn last year as Alonte Taylor had a fumble recovery for a TD on defense. What I said about 24 points, prior to the 28 at Missouri, is 100 percent correct and been published before...
Trying rationalize with D4H, err...I mean Ktownking, is like trying to take a dump with your a** sewn shut.

You're right in that he did have a really good game Missouri. Still did some of the same garbage in that game he always has, but still good statistically... But, he again was only responsible for a laughable 28 points. Right at his previous career high of 24 points in SEC play.

THEN after that game he AGAIN brings attention on himself by bringing up death threats. Only someone like him RUINS a situation, like that, by bringing attention to himself by pointing out something about the fanbase that should've been kept "in house". That type of thing went real well for Jim McElwain didn't it?? Very poor moment for a supposed "leader". Way to take the high road.

Then, what does he do the next week? Follows up his career game with LITERALLY a candidate for a career LOW game. Everyone deals with grief differently, so I'm not going to go there, but he was obviously not ready to play. For whatever reason. Despite his personal family deal, you still had #2 apologists (like the Priceless one on Volquest) PREDICTING that #2 could go out motivated for his grandmother and Vandy would have no chance as a result. Then after he plays all-time AWEFUL game some of the same people used the grandmother death as an excuse. Can't make it up.

The LIKELY truth is that the guy is what he is and the Missouri and Auburn games are extreme outliers. He'll give you a good game, or two, STATISTICALLY a year. Give you a high of about 25 points, IN CONFERENCE, but more times than not is just as likely to get you beat. All of this is four years after he completed high school and PLENTY of sample size to know what you're going to get....
He's top half in the league at nearly every positive QB stat ranking out there. Folks can poo poo stats all they want but when it's all said and done the best QBs in the league this year were Burrow, Tua, Fromm, Trask, JG and Monde. I'll take top half in the 2nd hardest football league in America any day and will continue to believe that he's good enough to win football games as the QB at Tennessee. All he lacks, as does Pruitt, is a couple more big game wins next year, he already has one vs Auburn, and should it happen the neverJG crowd will say they love to eat crow and Chaney is a QB whisperer when in reality all it will show is how much our ENTIRE football program has improved.

Reactions: k-town_king
That's not what I said though. Not only were their defensive points in that game he didn't even score all of the offensive points! Remember, in that game Shrout was responsible for likely the most impressive deep throw, (Outside of Maurer's throw against Georgia.) since 2012 when Bray played...

Has JG ever thrown for more than 2 TD's versus an SEC team?

He's top half in the league at nearly every positive QB stat ranking out there. Folks can poo poo stats all they want but when it's all said and done the best QBs in the league this year were Burrow, Tua, Fromm, Trask, JG and Monde. I'll take top half in the 2nd hardest football league in America any day and will continue to believe that he's good enough to win football games as the QB at Tennessee. All he lacks, as does Pruitt, is a couple more big game wins next year, he already has one vs Auburn, and should it happen the neverJG crowd will say they love to eat crow and Chaney is a QB whisperer when in reality all it will show is how much our ENTIRE football program has improved.

If you'd put #2 BEFORE the TRULY dual threat, dynamic Plulmee and Bo Nix then I don't know what to say. Not only did those guys show more explosiveness and ability to lead an offense to POINTS, they are FRESHMEN!

#2 has almost a year's worth of experience over Fromm and ATLEAST TWO year's experience over everyone else in the league and is still considered, at best, middle of the pack in the league. That is all anyone needs to know...

Reactions: tnvols72
HAhah. He had season ending shoulder surgery. Keep posting, I love seeing your ignorance.
He left because he got his job taken. If he was sidelined due to injury only he would have returned. It was discussed when the move was made.

415 yards, 2 TDS. Thats speaks volumes.

Oh..and Auburn..he scored 14 points. Thats it.

Yes 415 yards speaks volumes. He played well. Good point.
41 USC and 30 AU

Wrong.

Once again. It is a team effort. The defense and special teams don't score without the o putting them in the position to be successful and vice versa.

If you'd put #2 BEFORE the TRULY dual threat, dynamic Plulmee and Bo Nix then I don't know what to say. Not only did those guys show more explosiveness and ability to lead an offense to POINTS, they are FRESHMEN!

#2 has almost a year's worth of experience over Fromm and ATLEAST TWO year's experience over everyone else in the league and is still considered, at best, middle of the pack in the league. That is all anyone needs to know...
Plumlee is a good rb. JG is a much better qb. 52.7 passing with 4 tds and 3 ints
JG is better in literally every passing stat than Nix except for yards by 3 something and way less attempts. JG has been better this year.

JG has been the third or fourth best qb in the SEC this year.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He left because he got his job taken. If he was sidelined due to injury only he would have returned. It was discussed when the move was made.

Yes 415 yards speaks volumes. He played well. Good point.
41 USC and 30 AU

Wrong.

Once again. It is a team effort. The defense and special teams don't score without the o putting them in the position to be successful and vice versa.

Plumlee is a good rb. JG is a much better qb. 52.7 passing with 4 tds and 3 ints
JG is better in literally every passing stat than Nix except for yards by 3 something and way less attempts. JG has been better this year.

JG has been the third or fourth best qb in the SEC this year.

I LITERALLY glazed over your gibberish and didn't even TRY to read more than a sentence. Took more time to type these three sentences than put time into your agenda. Congrats...

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL_79

Both are promising Fr and their stats prove exactly what they are, Fr, I assume a big reason why they are not ranked in the upper half stat wise in the league THIS year even though they showed glimpses of being really good. Jake Bentley had good Fr stats too 3 years ago, how did that one work out. JG is good enough to win and if you were to replace him then it would have to be with someone the likes of Burrow, Tua, Fromm type else you risk going backwards to a much lower rated backup. You guys can't stand the fact that JG puts up quality stats in a tough league, especially when the backups stats are lower level in nearly every category.

You're both ignorant in different ways.

Fact is that Tennessee has scored more than 24 points against P5/SEC teams (Counting BYU in this) just 4 times in JG's 3 years of starting.

26 vs Kentucky in 2017
30 vs Auburn in 2018
26 vs BYU in 2019
28 vs Vanderbilt in 2019

This is not a good stat at all. JG has played well against crap teams down the stretch of this 5 game winning streak but there are still issues such as throwing for 400 yards while having 3 receivers with 100+ yards each and only putting up 24 points.

Capping out at 24 points on average is not going to win games that matter in the SEC. It simply isn't. And to expect he is going to take a giant leap over the spring and summer when losing his top 3 targets going into next year is a big ask..... We have 3 years worth of tape and FACTS/STATS that tell us what to expect.

He is who he has always been and that is a low risk / low reward QB......

Fact is that Tennessee has scored more than 24 points against P5/SEC teams (Counting BYU in this) just 4 times in JG's 3 years of starting.

26 vs Kentucky in 2017
30 vs Auburn in 2018
26 vs BYU in 2019
28 vs Vanderbilt in 2019

This is not a good stat at all. JG has played well against crap teams down the stretch of this 5 game winning streak but there are still issues such as throwing for 400 yards while having 3 receivers with 100+ yards each and only putting up 24 points.

Capping out at 24 points on average is not going to win games that matter in the SEC. It simply isn't. And to expect he is going to take a giant leap over the spring and summer when losing his top 3 targets going into next year is a big ask..... We have 3 years worth of tape and FACTS/STATS that tell us what to expect.
This is one of those stats that is pretty impressive and sad at the same time. It tells me there were lots of points left on the field by JG.

Nope! He has had more than TWO TD passes ONCE in his phenomenal career... This season he had three TD's against.... Chattanooga. Can't make this stuff up...

Yea because he calls the redzone plays and fails to get first downs in the redzone on third and fourth and short runs.
Its almost like there are many factors and other players involved.

26 vs Kentucky in 2017
30 vs Auburn in 2018
26 vs BYU in 2019
28 vs Vanderbilt in 2019

He is who he has always been and that is a low risk / low reward QB......
Team game.

He has been efficient which is all that can be asked. If the team fails to score a ton of points and he is efficient its obviously bigger than just him.

Also that number is a lie like most of yours .

24 or more
17-UK, Vandy
18- Au, USC, UK
19-BYU, USC, Vandy, Mizzou

Yea because he calls the redzone plays and fails to get first downs in the redzone on third and fourth and short runs.
Its almost like there are many factors and other players involved.

Team game.

He has been efficient which is all that can be asked. If the team fails to score a ton of points and he is efficient its obviously bigger than just him.

Also that number is a lie like most of yours .

24 or more
17-UK, Vandy
18- Au, USC, UK
19-BYU, USC, Vandy, Mizzou

Once again, more than 24 points vs P5/SEC teams with JG as the starter has happened just 4 times. You can not dispute this or claim that is a lie or made up stat.....

Well the MAC Championship game from Detroit is now over and Dormady and CMU did not play well. McElwain was outcoached and Miami (Ohio) won even though IMO they were the less talented team on the field. The stud QB for CMU wasn't Dormady but his backup who came in for wildcat plays. That guy was very athletic and exciting. Dormady was not terribly accurate and had a key INT when he threw into traffic. I think the game got too big for him which is not a good trait for QBs who play at Neyland Stadium.

McElwain did a stupid fake punt deep in his own end resulting in an easy 3 pts for Miami. CMU also had numerous penalties illuminating that they were the inferiorly coached team.

VN Store

Back