How much would we hate DK if he had gone to Kentucky?

I didn't follow his recruitment, but from reading Kentucky's board they are mostly under the impression that Knecht would have gone to Kentucky had they not decided to committ to Antonio Reeves another season.

They argue regularly about whether or not they would be a better team with Knecht or with Reeves.
There were a couple posters in that thread that pointed out that he was specifically looking for defensive development and he and Kentucky never had serious conversations

I’m pretty petty as well, I delight in anyone in any other uniform failing, but then there are those whom I take a keen interest in rooting against. Joakim Noah was one, Scott Padgett, Marshall Henderson, Shaq at LSU, Glen Davis, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins are others
Derrick rose was one for me back in the day…

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Respect > hate. These kids just trying to decide on a college that best propels them to their future goals. Coaches yes, Teams absolutely, but players are rarely hated unless their attitude asks for it. I hated Stetson Bennett, but that goes directly to the last sentence.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I don't know if it's a result of the one-and-done model at KY not giving me long enough to develop a dislike, or just that their players aren't as dis-likable as they used to be, but I don't have anywhere near the "hate" for their team as I did back when Bowie, Turpin, Ford, and others played for them. Couldn't stand any of those guys.
Also hated on Mercer pretty good bc he picked them over us.
This. Their mercenary model has had an effect on both KY fans and those that generally despise KY. I grew up learning to hate them and now that I live amongst them, it's only magnified on certain days, but their players are generally so transient, and have been for 15 years, that it takes a special breed of UK player for me to genuinely dislike.

And maybe it's because I followed his high school career and he's a local kid who despite his high recruiting status, has done well in the big pond, but I love Reed Sheppard and everything he represents. Much like Dalton Knecht.

Lol the thought makes me smile. 😂He’s my favorite player in CBB this year, but he’d be my most hated if he played for that crystal meth infested state to the north.

Dude, most of us had never even heard of him when Barnes brought him here through the portal. So, no, I wouldn’t have hated him if Kentucky had gotten him because I knew nothing about him at the time.

Lol the thought makes me smile. 😂He’s my favorite player in CBB this year, but he’d be my most hated if he played for that crystal meth infested state to the north.
I would not have hated him. But he has said he wanted to be taught defense and coached hard. So you know he is not going to be coached by Calipari.

Knecht at Kentucky wouldn’t be the same as Knecht at Tennessee. Too many scoring options at Kentucky and they have the appearance of not running many set plays. Knecht wouldn’t have guys deferring shots to him and Calipari would have a mutiny if he let one guy go isolation regularly to end games. Knecht certainly wouldn’t be in the running for SEC POY. JMO

He would just be another “ All World “ player at UK.
They have had so many that they are taken for granted.

op do you have a fav hat that i can take a shat in before you put it on tormorrow?

Omg the hate would be immense. My son and I were discussing the other day how much we would love Reed Sheppard if he wore orange.

I personally wouldn’t hate him at all. He just seems like a great kid and very fun to watch. As a sports fan, sometimes you have to just admire talent. I even defended Jalen Hurts when the fans was wanting him benched because he struggled a bit. Just a good dude that happens to play for another team.
Man I wish I had your optimism. I’m a dried out husk of resentment and bitterness when it comes to any other team than UT.

I don’t hate on kids. If you’re a parent, you understand that it’s important for these kids to blaze their own trails and do what they think will be best for them. I’m just really glad DK came to K Town. It’s been a fun season. Let’s just go really deep in the NCAA Tourney.

I don’t hate on kids. If you’re a parent, you understand that it’s important for these kids to blaze their own trails and do what they think will be best for them. I’m just really glad DK came to K Town. It’s been a fun season. Let’s just go really deep in the NCAA Tourney.
Well luckily these guys all are adults.

I have a feeling if he'd gone to Kentucky his role would have been a lot lesser. Coming to UT was a good choice for him. Kentucky always has tons of talent and from top to bottom their roster is a lot more talented than ours. Their problem is retention When you are losing half your team every year to the draft and most of them are 1-2 year players.. its hard to build continuity. By the time they are comfortable in the system, it's draft time.

VN Store

Back