How much would we hate DK if he had gone to Kentucky?

I personally wouldnā€™t hate him at all. He just seems like a great kid and very fun to watch. As a sports fan, sometimes you have to just admire talent. I even defended Jalen Hurts when the fans was wanting him benched because he struggled a bit. Just a good dude that happens to play for another team.

Lol the thought makes me smile. šŸ˜‚Heā€™s my favorite player in CBB this year, but heā€™d be my most hated if he played for that crystal meth infested state to the north.
Yeah, that's the kind of thought that makes me smile, too. Just like prepping for a colonoscopy. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Bradshaw is the only UK player I have strong feelings of dislike for, so I donā€™t think Iā€™d hate him if he played there. I donā€™t hate Sheppard or Reeves. I actually really liked and appreciated Prince when he played there 20 plus years ago and Knecht reminds me of him. I can usually appreciate great players for other teams unless they are punks.

I rarely hate players who only play for one year against us. On the other hand since Kentucky doesnā€™t win anything anymore, I view their players with less overall animosity. More like little pests than full out hatred of guys like before. Long gone are the days of the guys for them who stuck around and were the worst, and long gone are their final fours and title banners. As for the school itself and their fansā€¦they can always suck it.

Bradshaw is the only UK player I have strong feelings of dislike for, so I donā€™t think Iā€™d hate him if he played there. I donā€™t hate Sheppard or Reeves. I actually really liked and appreciated Prince when he played there 20 plus years ago and Knecht reminds me of him. I can usually appreciate great players for other teams unless they are punks.
Smh This board always takes everything literally. ā€œHateā€ in the context of sports doesnā€™t mean I actually hate them. Just that I root for them to be an abject failure while they play for a rival. Iā€™d wish him all the best in the nba after.

I rarely hate players who only play for one year against us. On the other hand since Kentucky doesnā€™t win anything anymore, I view their players with less overall animosity. More like little pests than full out hatred of guys like before. Long gone are the days of the guys for them who stuck around and were the worst, and long gone are their final fours and title banners. As for the school itself and their fansā€¦they can always suck it.

Iirc Calipari and Barnes have a lot of mutual respect for each other and with the success we've had against them the past 5+ years I don't feel strongly about Kentucky players at all. They land some great NBA prospects that don't stay long enough to develop into great college players. Now Florida football....that is the polar opposite.

Heā€™s extremely frustrating if youā€™re an opposing fan. Imagine being on the other side of those last 12 minutes against Auburn. Heā€™s one of those guys that you can force into a bad shot with a hand in his face and still drains it on you. Face guard him, hold him, etc but if heā€™s in the zone he still makes plays on your guys.

You want to talk about not liking someone? I watched the bama game and their guard Estrada is about a dirty as they come. He almost took Vescovi's head off in the first half. I thought it would be reviewed for a T, but we were on the road. He was constantly running up behind whoever had that ball and reaching with his off hand underneath and grabbing the arm. He got called for it a few times. Cried like a baby every time. So happy to beat them in their place.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I don't know if it's a result of the one-and-done model at KY not giving me long enough to develop a dislike, or just that their players aren't as dis-likable as they used to be, but I don't have anywhere near the "hate" for their team as I did back when Bowie, Turpin, Ford, and others played for them. Couldn't stand any of those guys.
Also hated on Mercer pretty good bc he picked them over us.

Smh This board always takes everything literally. ā€œHateā€ in the context of sports doesnā€™t mean I actually hate them. Just that I root for them to be an abject failure while they play for a rival. Iā€™d wish him all the best in the nba after.
I knew what you meant. I take very few things literally, or seriously . See my hundreds of sarcastic posts. Iā€™m just saying I wouldnā€™t even dislike him or root for him to fail except for against us

I knew what you meant. I take very few things literally, or seriously . See my hundreds of sarcastic posts. Iā€™m just saying I wouldnā€™t even dislike him or root for him to fail except for against us
Youre good homie. I would root for him to fail miserably, as I do with all Kentucky players. I want them to lose any time they play haha

Reactions: OrangeInKy
He wouldnā€™t, itā€™s just kinda funny to think about. So glad he never considered them.
I didn't follow his recruitment, but from reading Kentucky's board they are mostly under the impression that Knecht would have gone to Kentucky had they not decided to committ to Antonio Reeves another season.

They argue regularly about whether or not they would be a better team with Knecht or with Reeves.

Reactions: walkenvol
Youre good homie. I would root for him to fail miserably, as I do with all Kentucky players. I want them to lose any time they play haha
Iā€™m pretty petty as well, I delight in anyone in any other uniform failing, but then there are those whom I take a keen interest in rooting against. Joakim Noah was one, Scott Padgett, Marshall Henderson, Shaq at LSU, Glen Davis, John Wall, Demarcus Cousins are others

I think most on here are tempering their responses becuase Tennessee is currently sitting in 1st place and has been portrayed as a better team thsn Kentucky for most of the year in the media.

But if things were different and Knecht was on Kentucky, the coverage and love for Kentucky would be insufferable. I wouldn't personally dislike Knecht, as much as I would be sick of all the talk about Kentucky and how they are back and Cal in good graces with the fans, etc. Kentucky, not us would likely be in 1st place and positioned for a #1 seed.

VN Store

Back